Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$464
Finest Resorts
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$127
Bookit.com
  • Pool
$440
Excellence Resorts
$352
Bookit.com
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
$216
$409
$386
Agoda.com
Sea by C - Adults Only(Playa Mujeres)
$100
$47
$20
  • Room Service
4,335 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantbeachfront casitastory casitaaqua vivaroom servicenatura barocean view terracesushiboutique resortswim up barbeach conciergeseasons toursswim up suite
Reviewed December 11, 2016

We visited this place last year for my sisters wedding and it has been one of our favorite resorts we've been to! I want to break down in different areas for review process:

ACCOMODATIONS: Absolutely stunning! When we got there they upgraded our room (and everyone else in our party) to an ocean view junior level suite. The rooms were decorated to the nine's. It was modern, sleek, and felt very luxurious. The rooms are stocked with full bottles of liquor, wine, beer, and snacks. You can choose a scent for them to use at turn down. I mean we were blown away! Very luxurious and the views were unbeatable!

Food: With some all inclusive resorts the food and drinks suffer but this is not the case at the beloved. We really loved the great selection of fresh juices (the watermelon juice is delicious) and fruit. I'm a huge breakfast person, and was impressed by the buffet! I love that we were able to have a server at the beach (not available at all resorts) and he brought us snacks and food (the street tacos were great at lunch time on the beach!).

Drinks: Again, not something thats always top notch at all inclusive resorts, but we were all so happy with the choices. The bartenders are AMAZING! They use fresh fruit to make the blended drinks and they are SOO GOOD!

Grounds: This would be the only area I would say could use little improvement. While the facilities, restaurants, and rooms are breath taking, I wish they would have a little more foliage and flowers. But really this is such a small thing.

Overall this place is incredible! Please go if you get the chance, you won't regret it! I'm such a big advocate of this resort!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Jordan S
Reviewed December 11, 2016

Of the many places we've stayed in the Gulf and Caribbean, this was clearly the best. It is relatively small (around 100 rooms), quiet, and very private and away from the touristy part of Cancun. The rooms are spacious with all the amenities you would want. We had a "swim-up" suite which had a patio opening onto a pool; it was great. The beach is nice (although perhaps not as large as, say, Eagle Beach in Aruba), but it is clean, the water is calm, and we never had a problem getting lounges at the beach or at any of the three pools (even though the hotel was at full capacity, it never felt crowded).

The staff is excellent and went out of their way to accommodate us, including fulfilling special requests. Our housekeeper (Blanca) was very nice and went the extra mile for us, including making cute animals out of the towels, a fun little touch.

There are four restaurants on site. The food was excellent at all of them. For breakfast, there is the option of an incredible buffet at one restaurant or ordering off the menu at another. Both were great. Lunch is at the "grill" restaurant by one of the pools or brought to you poolside or on the beach one of the ubiquitous waiters (who are constantly asking if they can get you another drink -- they work hard!). Additionally, every day on the beach they offer a different lunch like tacos, burritos, burgers, and paella. Dinners are big and filling, and the food is very gourmet. There are also a couple nights each week that have big themed buffets (like Mexican night), which are fun.

I should point out that my wife is a vegan. The restaurants all had separate menus for vegetarians/vegans, which were each unique and offered plenty of selections. She had a three course dinner every night without repeating. This is something that's really a great plus for the resort that we wish other places would offer.

There is an excellent fitness center with lots of equipment and an on-site trainer if you want. They also offer various activities like water aerobics and organized bike rides (to see parrots!). Bikes are also available for individual use and there's a nice sidewalk/bike path to ride a few miles on.

Finally, every night had entertainment of some form. While there are no big shows, there is music or activities every night of some kind -- karaoke some nights, dancing others, a casino night, a performance by some local dancers with fire, and even some local astronomers who bring their telescope to show you the moon!

In sum, Beloved is a wonderful place for a quiet, romantic getaway. If you're looking for a big, busy resort, this is not the place. But if you want great service, great food, and big pools in a beautiful setting, this is the place. We used to go to Aruba every other year; we will be changing our plans next time so we can return to Beloved.

My only real complaint is that while there is wifi throughout the resort (even on the beach), it is really only good for checking email and Facebook, and occasional surfing. For some reason, there is not enough capacity to stream movies or tv shows. This is not a huge problem since there is plenty of things to do, but it would be nice if the wifi was a little better.

6  Thank shackelton
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2016

Dear shackelton,

First and foremost, allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres and for recommending us to all Trip Advisor readers.

We are delighted to read that you found your favorite getaway destination at our boutique hotel. We really appreciate your detailed and positive feedback regarding the quality and variety of food encountered and the tranquil atmosphere that made your stay so relaxing and enjoyable. In addition, thank you for your constructive criticism which helps with our continuing efforts to provide an excellent service and a great stay.

We truly hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in a near future and to provide you another romantic getaway.

Receive our warmest regards from the Beloved Family!

First, the really good:

The staff is absolutely A+. Very attentive and courteous, and they make you feel at home right away. Want to give a big shoutout to Eduardo on the beach. He kept us well fed and "hydrated", and was a pleasure to have around. I am the type of person that worries about everything, and these guys made me relax right away. I highly recommend the house transportation back and forth from the airport. They are right on time, and you ride secure and in comfort.

The drinks were fine, and you can pretty much pick any liquor you want. As far as food, I am a picky eater, so I will just say the food was OK. The portions were fine, but I would have liked to see more choices at each of the restaurants.

The pools by building 2 and 3 were quiet and clean. The pool by the beach was dirty and loud. Over by the jacuzzi, there was a thick film of goo (suntan lotion), just swirling around. I was told the pool is treated overnight, but to be honest, the one morning I looked, the goo was still there. Ew.

We had a casita with the pool on the roof. The room itself was fine, but the rooftop thing was a disappointment. There is no privacy up there, as people from the building next door can see you, and you can see them. Also, the rooftop pool is about 18 inches deep, where the ground level pool is about twice that. There was some peeling paint both inside and outside, but it wasn't a big problem.

Now for the not so good:

The beach front was a big problem for me. This hotel doesn't have a lot of it, and they block more than half with these "private" seating areas, which serve no purpose other than to block the view, and make access to the water difficult. Some of the people that rent these don't use them anyway, as they pull chairs outside to sit in the sun. In my opinion, these things should be removed or relocated to open up beach access. Add to this the water sports area with 8-10 kayaks and 2 sail boats, and you basically have to say "excuse me" to reach the water. If I have one complaint about this hotel, this is it.

Also, as someone else pointed out, I heard the loud music at the beach, at the pool, and from the building next door. There was more than one set of people doing this. Yes, I heard the country music blasting, but I also heard techno from someone else. To be honest, this is on the hotel more than on the guests. I feel they should just politely ask people to turn the volume down and I would like to think people would comply. There was also an issue with people grabbing towels, and "reserving" a set of chairs on the beach, but never using the chairs. I saw this twice. Saw the lady come with the towels, set them up, and split, never to be seen again while other people were walking around looking for a place to sit. We were at the beach the entire day, so this wasn't a small sample either.

Other:

We tried the hydrotherapy, and found it to be "meh". We also had a couples massage, which we thought was 80 minutes but it turned out to be less as some of the time is spent in seating areas "relaxing". The massage itself was just ok.

To be fair to Beloved, I have been a guest at Excellence next door, and there is no comparison. The niche that Beloved tries to carve out has a very narrow margin for error, and for the most part Beloved does a good job, but like every other hotel in the world, there is room for improvement. I don't mean for my review to sound negative. I just want to encourage my idea of perfection (they are close).

3  Thank fxcarden
Reviewed December 10, 2016

We visited the resort 11 months ago and were lucky to go there again. The resort has made some lovely changes now that is adults only including some evening entertainment and theme parties (pack something white for the white party on the beach!) as well as live music at the pool.

Some special call outs to the team:

My husband really likes a certain type of craft beer and gave Jenny the challenge when we checked in to see if she could find any for him. Within a day she found him on the beach with two different ones to choose from and then stocked (and restocked) our mini-bar during our stay.

We got the warmest welcome back from Claudia and that always feels great. She is so sincere and passionate about the guests having a good time. She is working so hard to make smart improvements to the resort and it shoes!

My husband got to celebrate his birthday twice on this trip. We had a "special" dinner at El Mar on Wednesday night where the chef makes a special menu for you. It was nice to get to try little tastes of lots of things. Also special thanks to the team at Aroma for his special birthday dessert! (Our waiter Ernesto (?) was awesome but I'm not certain I have the name correct. Great sense of humor!)

We stayed in an ocean front casita and it was the nicest room I've ever stayed in (and I'm a travel snob). The roof deck with hot tub (it's not a pool which is what it seems like on the website) and outdoor shower and lounging bed were amazing for sunrises and sunsets. The access to the beach from the room was awesome.

My only gripe is not one about the hotel but rather about guest behavior. I do not understand why someone thinks it is okay to bring portable speakers and blast their music on the quiet and serene beach. It is so rude and disruptive to people who are just trying to chill out. On our last day it drove me off the beach because I didn't want to hear loud country music drowning out the sound of the waves.

Room Tip: Casitas are worth the splurge
2  Thank Jentravels2015
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2016

Dear Jentravels2015,

Allow us to thank you for choosing once again Beloved Playa Mujeres and for taking the time to write this review.

It is a great satisfaction to know that you had a memorable holiday experience at our boutique hotel. We are also very glad to read that our dedicated staff was able to make your husband’s birthday a special celebration, exceeding your expectations. Please rest sure that your kind comments will reach the eyes and ears of our colleagues.

We all look forward to welcoming you soon and provide you with another memorable experience!

Receive our warmest regards from Cancun!

Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

Just home from a 7 day break from the cold and wet UK.
I won't repeat the detail of all the excellent reviews. As we have been to almost all the Secrets and Excellence resorts we can confirm this is one of the best - particularly for a shorter break. We have no real criticisms - staff are brilliant, accommodation is excellent, weather in December was hot.

Make sure you take advantage of the opportunity to go for a meal at the adjacent Excellence. Book as soon as you arrive and go for Chez Isabelle. Also stay for drinks, entertainment and a walk round too. You will really appreciate the peace and quiet of Beloved when you return.

Only real "even better ifs" would be some moveable beds around the pool to get some shade if wanted. Also one extra restaurant, particularly of the Excellence Chez Isabelle standard - and they have a prime space available on the former children's play area - would be perfect.
Apart from that, if you want a child free, luxurious break in the sun free of the noisy party crowd then just do it !!!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Scottydw
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2016

Dear Scottydw,

Allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres as your host of your holidays and for taking the time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor Readers.

We are very pleased to read that you had a memorable time at Beloved Playa Mujeres, and the excellent service provided by our partners was able to exceed your expectations. We also would like to congratulate for your engagement and feedback, which are very important to us because and give the opportunity to know better about the aspects we need to work on in order to provide the best vacation experience to our valued guests.

It will be a great honor to welcome you again in a near future and provide another relaxing getaway.

Please receive our warmest regards from Cancun!