Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$496
Finest Resorts
$550
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$266
  • Pool
$507
$473
$428
$299
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
$277
  • Breakfast included
Sea by C - Adults Only(Playa Mujeres)
$68
$19
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
4,250 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantstory casitabeachfront casitanatura barroom serviceaqua vivaocean view terracesushibeach conciergeboutique resortswim up barseasons toursour honeymoon
Reviewed May 28, 2016

My husband and I (who are both 51) traveled to The Beloved Hotel for our anniversary May 19-24th.
I tend to be long-winded - so pass me by if you want a shorter review :)

On arrival, the valet was very genuine, and helpful. I wish I could remember his name. He also helped us when we left our room with our luggage, what a great first impression he makes.
Smiles were found from the front entrance through the lobby area. The scent and feel of the lobby helps you "Relax" when you enter your vacation.

We had purchased a Ocean View Suite, There were two weddings taking place while we were there, (from what we could tell) and our room category we had booked was not available.
This was very disappointing, but we were offered an upgrade (as far as the hotel considered), a first floor plunge pool huge patio, side of hotel view (marina - next door to hotel). It did not offer an ocean view.
I had asked in advance, in writing when I booked, & then a week prior, & again 2 days before leaving for our 5 day anniversary trip - for building 2 or 3 and NOT 1, well, we got building 1. I did talk to the hotel about this, and told them, I wanted to be confident when I purchase a room, that my category was there for me when I arrived. I realize I may not get the building, but at least the particular room category is important. I think we would have gotten a better upgrade in lieu of not having our actual booked room but the hotel was booked to capacity.
This was only one of 3 things that we found very disagreeable during our stay, but they did extend their apologies, a few times actually, and so we took the room, as we did not want to re-pack the next day to have the room we had originally booked. If our stay was longer, we would have indeed moved.
Our front desk person who I think was named Geraldo?....was actually so very nice to us and tried very hard to find something we would like.
We asked to meet "Claudia" who has become a household name on TripAdvisor. She actually sits on the side of the lobby at her desk. She is ever present if you need her, and I have never had a better experience with a manager at any hotel- EVER! She is warm, friendly, genuine, and remembers you when she sees you here and there. She is a definite asset to the hotel. You can tell that she goes out of her way to help you feel at home, and that you are a valued guest. My husband and I both appreciated her enormously.
ROOM: Beautiful. This room was larger than the normal rooms, and the balcony had 3 beds on it, which we did not use, but we used the plunge pool each day after visiting the beach before dinner. In future, I would prefer to have the view of the ocean though.

The bathrooms: although not private, were spacious, and well appointed and very pretty. Very clean. The shower had room for two, and had a seat and body shower sprays. We had the usual lotions, shampoo, conditioner, comb, sewing kit, shower get, and emergency razor and toothbrush and toothpaste. Beside the bathroom was the walk in closet - plenty of space. The safe was here as well, along with beach bag,slippers and robes as well. We loved all of it!

We found the entire room to be beautiful, and clean. We had champagne, and sign on our door for our anniversary. There was a full bar, and our vodka of choice, in which I had asked for (Grey Goose). The fridge was well stocked (very similar to the Excellence Hotel) -each day with whatever we asked for. Beer, wine, soft drinks (even coke zero) , soda water, juice etc. We also had snickers bars, and M&M's, and oreo cookies, In a cupboard area we had espresso coffee, tea making facilities, chips and peanuts. Each day all were replenished (if used)
The bed was hard for us but we did get our king! We had a pillow menu in which we used.
There was a beautiful cream coloured leather sofa where the TV was (wall mounted)
The jetted round tub was in a windowed area with privacy curtains. We used this as well, and it was cleaned spotlessly afterwards. We had cleaning services during the daytime (at various times) and then again in the eve. - turn down service. Here is where you will receive the Beloved Times with information regarding the up and coming days events. Please leave a tip for the cleaning staff, as they work so very hard.
We do really care about the room we get, as it is well used. We had room service twice, and lounged in the morning and in the evenings. Room service was very very good, within the half hour and the persons who delivered such were so professional and friendly. There is a little cupboard where you can put your dirty dishes afterwards. They come frequently to pick up dirty dishes. So well run.

FOOD: We had dinner in Aroma Restaurant which was just ok to good, (Here is where the you will find the only buffet breakfast which we found to be good as well).
We also ate at the Lupita Lounge, which is an upscale Mexican restaurant. Here we did not really like our meals. I wish they would serve some of what they serve at lunch on the beach. The chicken with mole sauce was very bland. I love Mole sauce, and I know each chef is inspired to do it differently, but it was watery, without any real taste. My husband did not enjoy his meal either. We did do a tequila tasting though, and it was wonderful. The Hotel does an infusion of various herbs etc. in different bottles of tequila- we had 4 different tastings. The service here at this restaurant was extremely caring. The staff was really trying hard to help you enjoy your experience.
Our favorite restaurant was Isla Grill in the Evening and for Breakfast. We had our anniversary dinner here. We could ask the chef to make anything for our anniversary, so we asked for Tacos El Pastor for a starter. These are as good as Carboncito's in Playa Del Carmen! Wish they had these sorts of things on their menu in Lupita. Everything we had at Isla Grill was very good.
The El Mar Restaurant during the Day was nice, as you had an ocean breeze and were right at the Beach. Service here was our favourite and lunch time items were varied and excellent.
At the Beach during the day, there is a little hut that some people miss out on. On The Beloved Times you receive during the eve prior, you will see the meal of the day on here for lunch. They had fajitas one day....excellent, Burgers another, very very good, tacos another day which again was excellent. You can either take it away, or eat at a little seating area on the beach (which is covered on top but open to the breezes of the ocean - very tropical).
Monday evening was Mexican Fiesta on the Beach night. The food was varied and all incredibly delicious. This is what we felt the Lupita was missing. There was also a mariachi band which was also excellent.
We found the service in all of the restaurants to be either good or just ok. Sometimes we felt that the server rushed us (El Mar, and Isla Grill one eve) or didn't have enough time to serve us properly (as I mentioned previously there were weddings there, so they may have been short staffed some eves).

DRINKS: Made very well, any place we had them. We asked for certain liquor to be used (Ie grey goose), and most times this was done. The bar tender at the Lobby was extremely good. The bar tender at the pool was also very very good. He was inundated when we were there, because of the two groups for the weddings. I found him to be in good spirits even when extremely busy.
Two of the days we were there, because of the wedding, the main pool area was a bit more rowdy then we would have liked it to be.

POOLS: All were on the smaller side (3 pools as well as a children s area, which will be re-worked? come fall when the property changes to Adults only).
The main pool by the beach was the only one we really used. although smaller, it was beautifully laid out with beds and shade. We only once could not find a chair, at that was at 10:30am, when we slept in. In the morning, the temp. were perfect, although It was so hot when we were there (over 30 celcius each day), that the un-heated pool became bath water by 3pm! We used the beach most days, more then we would usually, as the beach was so incredible here.

BEACH: You can always find shade! PERFECT!!!! We didn't have to get up at 5 or 6am to save a chair! This is one big reason we would return. This is a main stressing point for us normally when travelling south. It really did make that much of a difference in how we went about our day. You can get up, not rush to a chair, you can go to breakfast, go for a walk, or whatever.....and then ...still find a chair....amazing. Beach sand was soft white coral, with very small wave activity. Still making it fun, but easy to float and.... Relax....there is that word again ;) The water colour was more of a green turqoise than blue (as in Cancun). You can look across and see Isla Mujeres. We love IM, but stayed put this time - for 5 days we wanted to enjoy Beloved every moment we could.
Beach service was excellent. Everyone here works so very hard. Please tip. The sand was immaculate. Cleaned, raked, no seaweed when we were there at all in the waves. Some in the ocean - but you could clearly see it. You could snorkel off the beach or kayak, or paddle board (I tried it, lots of fun) or take a catamaran out.

There is a bicycle tour, which we did not use (very hot when we were there), and some activities like yoga, water aerobics etc. It is a low key sort of place, but still things can be found to do. One day there was a band at the pool which was very good, and another day there was bingo etc.

CABANAS ON THE BEACH: We rented a cabana for $45 US a day - twice -during our stay. Here is where we met our life-guard who sets the cabanas up. He was wonderful. Benjamin. Now why would you rent a hut? Well, privacy yes, but it just felt right on our anniversary 5 day stay. Champagne bottle, water bottles in a pail. Benjamin checks in on you, and your waiter (we were served by Jesus one day and cannot remember second fellow - each were incredible) is at your service. Lunch can be served to you while you lay on your two person sunbed, which is partially shaded, and then 2 single sun loungers besides that in the sun! You also get after sun lotion, bug spray (we saw no bugs on the beach) and water mist. We felt like a queen and a king each time.
Wow, I'm long winded :)
EVE ENTERTAINMENT: Just ok to Good. At the Lupita Lounge area (which has outdoor seating and lounge beds for two), you can have drinks and listen to low key entertainment. Sometimes just a single musician singing or guitar player or a trio. I wish they would dim the lights more in the Lobby bar area, and bring in a piano and player who would do requests kind of thing. It doesn't have to be rowdy, just a little more life. We felt this area was so pretty and under-utilized.
We were really let down one evening when someone on the front desk "Iris" (who apparently is now at another property) told us that there were no more beach loungers on our anniversary day - She didn't actually check and was very rude throughout the conversation. Turns out, there were some available. That was second negative experience.
Third......was leaving.
The check-out manager (I cannot remember her name, but deserves mention), was so kind. She was very down to earth but at the same time professional. We were asked how we enjoyed our stay and to give specifics of any negatives if we could. I appreciated this. They do care about their clients.
90% of the people we encountered working at the Beloved went out of their way to make sure our experience was not just good, but Excellent. The entire resort was spotless throughout. Calm, and yes, Loving....Loving all of its clients, and exuding natural beauty.
If you can afford the Cassita by the beach, just do it. We will look for sales etc., as we want this next visit if we can.
Claudia even set up a tour for us (at our request) of the Excellence. We had debated for months which property to go to (as we had been to another Excellence in Peurto Morelos a couple of times previously ) I liked the look of the Excellence next door, but when we returned to the Beloved, it was like we exhaled. We made the right choice. I know not all will agree with us, but with the change in making the property Adults Only, we would not hesitate re-booking. We do two south trips a year, and hope to visit the Excellence next door, but the Beloved is 1st choice.
When you really need a relaxing vacation give yourself to Beloved, they will take care of you.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
7  Thank trip-together
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2016

Dear trip-together,

Allow us to thank you for taking a valued time to write this review in which you share your experience at Beloved Playa Mujeres with all Trip Advisor Readers. We also appreciate your loyalty with our resorts.

It is a great honor to read your amiable words regarding your stay with us. Thank you for the generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the excellent services, the quality of food & drinks and facilities that made your stay comfortable and enjoyable. We appreciate your detailed feedback, which is very important to us. Your inputs help with our continuing efforts to provide an excellent service and a great stay.

Regarding your check-in issue, we would like to remind that even though the room choices are subject to availability at the check-in, at Excellence Resorts our guest requests are considered a priority ​and our partners always do their best to meet guest preferences when possible to make our guests stay very memorable.

We will ensure that your amiable comments reach the eyes and ears of all our staff at Resort. It means so much more when it comes from the opinion of our esteemed guests.

It will be a great honour to welcome you again in a near future and provide another fantastic experience.

Receive our warmest regards from the Beloved family!

Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week at this resort for our anniversary. The staff was great and extremely attentive. The beach had private beds and cabanas for relaxing, yet they also had ocean activities like paddle boarding and catamarans. We enjoyed the spa and scheduled an excursion through the resort, which added so much to our trip! The staff scheduled everything for us and made sure we had everything we needed. We really enjoyed our week stay and would return for another trip!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bthoms33
Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

This was my second visit to the Beloved (last trip was with my husband, mother-in-law and kids in April 2014). My friend and I needed a relaxing getaway to recharge and leave the kids at home. The Beloved was perfect. The atmosphere, food, staff, room and overall ability to participate in activities or sit on the beach and relax was perfection. This resort is truly a gem and worth a visit.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank KandAPink
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Dear KandAPink,

First and foremost, allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres as host of your friend’s getaway for taking your valued time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor Readers.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed so much your stay with us. Moreover, thank you for letting us know how relaxing and memorable was your experience, due to the quality of food, services and facilities encountered.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another amazing experience.

Warm regards from the Beloved Family!

Reviewed May 23, 2016

This hotel is the best all inclusive that I have been to. They made you feel special from the moment of arrival. None of the staff were ever pushy or seemed to expect anything (tips), however we did tip on a regular basis because the service was excellent. The hotel itself was well laid out and squeaky clean. The thing that we liked best about this place was the quiet. Even at near 100% capacity we often wondered if there was anybody else at the hotel besides the staff. There was always staff available to help you with anything you may require and we were asked numerous times if everything was good with us and if anything can be done to make our stay even better. The food was very good and the hotel made an obvious effort to keep some variety including "special country themed" buffets such as Asian and Mexican cuisine, considering that there are just 4 restaurants for dinner and 2 for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast did get a little tired some with some of the food repetition. I tried many different things from the menu including T-bone steak for dinner and sashimi from the lupita lounge and had no stomach issues at all. There is a hotel rule that beach chairs cannot be reserved ahead of time. This had me slightly worried but all fears were soon quashed when I realized that you could get desirable beach chairs any time of the day. The room was very spacious and up to date. This included a very large balcony and huge shower. The room had its own bar and stocked fridge with beverages which were replaced daily with room service. Air conditioning was quiet and worked very well as we like to have it nice and cool for sleep. The tour desk in the lobby was easy to access and we went on a couple of tours using it to order. One complaint about the tour desk is that when booking for the isla mujeres catamaran we were not informed to bring our drivers licence in order to rent a golf cart to get around on the island. It was recommended that we do not rent without a licence by the tour operator themselves once we had arrived at the island which obviously made it too late for us. This was for insurance purposes we were told. (If you wish to rent a golf cart on isla mujeres bring your drivers licence!) We were offered a one night pass to go to the much larger sister resort next door (the excellence) which we took advantage of. This allows you to have dinner at one of their restaurants, have whatever beverages you want, take in some shows and just enjoy the other resort. The other resort is huge! There were also a lot of people and it had a big party atmosphere. We really appreciated this opportunity to experience the other resort but after a bit we found ourselves craving the quiet and peacefulness of beloved once again. We also had a couples massage at the beloved spa. The experience was once again that of relaxation and was quite enjoyable. Wifi was somewhat weak but seemed to improve as the week went on. If this hotel is one of your choices then you will not be disappointed. I would go back for sure.

Room Tip: Lupita lounge can be noisy until about 10:30pm.
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Blazer2010
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2016

Dear Blazer2010,

Thank you very much for taking a valued time and for sharing this review with your kind personal remarks with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are delighted to know how enjoyable was your stay with us and that our colleagues were able to exceed your expectations. Thanks for mentioning the positive sides of your vacation with us such as the services provided, the quality of food & drinks and intimate facilities that made your stay a relaxing and memorable experience. We also appreciate your detailed feedback, which helped us identify specifically the areas of opportunity encountered during your stay. Your comments are very important to us because give us the opportunity to know better about the aspects we need to work on in order to provide the best services to our valued guests.

We truly hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in a near future and to provide you once again an amazing vacation experience.

Receive our warmest regards from the Beloved Family!

Reviewed May 23, 2016

It hurts to pay the upfront fees at an all-inclusive but this place is a deal. We had food from 4 different restaurants, a buffet on the beach, a wedding reception, and 24-hour room service numerous times. It was all good clearly prepared by a chef.

The basic junior suite is stunning. Hot tub that opens to the ocean, a bed on the balcony, huge bathroom with a rain shower and a fully stocked bar.

Lastly the beach and the pools. Three pools, one with a swim up bar, 4 hot tubs and plenty of sun beds and palapas to go around. The hotel was full when we were there but we had no trouble finding a place to camp out on either the beach or around one of the pools. Beach activities galore: Hobie cats, kayaks, wave runners or parasailing all from the beach or the next door marina.

Everyone in our party (30+) people was talking about returning.

Stayed: May 2016