Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$496
Finest Resorts
$550
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$266
  • Pool
$427
$507
$473
Bookit.com
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
$277
  • Breakfast included
Sea by C - Adults Only(Playa Mujeres)
$68
$65
$205
$20
  • Room Service
4,250 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantstory casitabeachfront casitanatura barroom serviceaqua vivaocean view terracesushibeach conciergeboutique resortswim up barseasons toursour honeymoon
Reviewed February 8, 2016

My husband and I needed a few days rest and relaxation. We decided to do our first all Inclusive vacation and we were very happy we did.
First of all the staff at this smaller more boutique style hotel were fantastic,very friendly and always helpful.
The food was amazing, we had a delicious buffet breakfast each morning with everything you would want from fresh fruit to bacon and eggs. Each day on the beach a chef cooked a dish from scratch with a cocktail to match .Dinner was a choice of several excellent restaurants including a great sushi bar.
The room was clean, spacious and modern with a beautiful view of the ocean. Our bathroom was large with spa shower.
We thoroughly enjoyed a couples massage and highly recommend the hydrotherapy baths.
This is a beautiful resort with staff that cares and I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We had a junior ocean view room on the third floor , it was quiet ,spacious and no one could look in .
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne W
Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

An amazing setting for a beautiful wedding. There is nothing that I could say that was wrong with the Beloved resort. The staff were outstanding, Claudia and Chef Alexandro continued everyday to impress... My children have severe food allergies and they accommodated all of their food needs and even made a special "safe" dessert for my kids!!! It was so special to see my kids with giant smiles!!!
The hotel is immaculate with no detail missed... Right down to evening turn down service, essential oils defused throughout, gorgeous and relaxing hydro spa, no wrist bands, fresh sushi bar at night, kids play area and beautiful beds surrounding all the pools! This truly was a paradise!
I have already told so many of my friends and work colleagues about this amazing destination... Thank you the staff at the Beloved for all you do!

Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephanie V
Reviewed February 8, 2016

Just returned from a week at The Beloved with my family. The resort is excellent for couples and families with small children. Service is attentive and friendly but not intrusive. Ofiellio (beach waiter) and Nathaniel (Lupita's) provided exceptional service worthy of individual note. The food overall is much better than most resort food. In our opinion Lupita's and Isla Grill were the stronger restaurants in regards to food quality. The food on the room service menu was also of high quality. We stayed in probably one of the farthest rooms from the beach and we still had a nice ocean view. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job keeping the rooms and resort clean. I'd highly recommend the resort to younger families looking for a nice place to relax for a week.

One of the negatives about this resort was the lack of quality wifi. We were in the main building the internet connection was basically unusable unless you went down to the lobby. Please spend some resources on correcting this as all top resorts should have reliable wifi service in every room. The other item that maybe could be addressed would the pricing of the spa. Unsure of the normal percentage of Canadians that make up the guests, but it was definitely over 50-60% during our stay. Can't fault the resort for world economics but with the spa pricing in US$ (and a little on the high side) services are probably 2-2.5x as much as they would be in Canada. First vacation we've been on around the world where we've decided not to go on a couples massage due to the pricing. If enough of the client base is Canadian you may want to adjust the pricing accordingly.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views, but request Buildings 2/3 for optimal ocean views.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2016

During my January 2015 stay I found the food to be unsatisfactory for a deluxe resort and certainly not up to what I'd experienced during my previous visit the year before. There were also issues with heating the pools in 2015 which were resolved during my stay. I complained to management but did not post my experience on tripadvisor, something I will not fail to do again.

Fast forward to January 2016 and the food was dramatically better, particularly the non-seafood options. The seafood dishes had been consistently good during each of my prior visits. As a result of my disappointing prior visit I booked only 4 nights at the Beloved and 4 nights at the Finest, also part of Excellence Resort chain. I was sorry I didn't stay the entire time at the Beloved. if you are contemplating a visit to the Finest I suggest you read my report. The entire staff without exception was great and it's really hard to single out any one, but Sarai, Heyden and Claudia were particularly helpful. My congratulations to the general manager, Gabriel Garcias, for making everything run like a fine tuned clock.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Grace B
Reviewed February 7, 2016

This resort is fantastic, don't be scared by negative reviews. Our experience was great and the staff at this hotel will not rest until you are beyond satisfied. Claudia is the guest services manager and she goes above and beyond on everything! I mentioned to her I preferred the Mexican beers in our fridge over the American ones and the next day, it was stocked full of them. We needed extra blankets, they were there in minutes. My daughter fractured her ankle on a day trip to Isla Mujeres late in our stay (our issue entirely and not the resort at all, be careful in those golf carts!) but they have a doctor on site who helped enourmously. Claudia also made sure that chocolates and flowers as well as a get well soon card were delivered to our room upon our return from the ER. This resort is also very very small. There is no waiting for a table at any restaurant or trying to find a place at the beach or the pool. I would bet that the number of employees working in a day outnumbers the number of guests.

I would like to address some of the things that I could not find much info on before we went, Hope it helps out -

The kids club - it is very small and although it says from ages 4-12 or something, it is more appropriate for younger kids, if any at all, we didn't see any. Maybe a couple very young kids using the kiddie pool with their parents but that's it. If you are used to sending your kids off to the kids club each morning like at a Club Med or Dreams resort, this is not the same. Plan on your kids hanging with you.

Dietary restrictions - my wife is allergic to gluten, not violently allergic, but diagnosed Celiacs none the less. Although they are not quite as up to speed on the cross contamination issues as in the US, they are still very accomodating to your needs. They will go out of their way to find you something that will work. She had no problems finding something at each meal. They have a gluten free bread selection in the Aroma restaurant for breakfast. I heard of other people at the resort with other dietary restrictions such as dairy soy and even Kosher. No problems there as far as we could tell either.

Tipping - this seems to be a concern on several reviews. The service at this resort is nothing short of world class. The servers and staff become your friends like your local bartender or neighborhood restaurant server. They are the worlds nicest people and they go out of their way to make you happy all the time. We have never tipped at any other all inclusive we have been to but we did here, because we wanted to. It is never implied, asked for, or your service level is ever lowered if you don't tip. It's totally up to you. We left gratuities for all those felt we couldn't get to upon our checkout as well. Alex and Jose on the beach, Manuel who stocked our mini bar, Orlando (my kids love him) in Isla Grill and our pool bar buddy Pedro as well as Mary for breakfast in Aroma. There are so many that are such great employees you really do care about them. If you do tip, I would suggest bringing some smaller bills, american dollars are fine. The ATM in the lobby does not work well, if at all, and getting cash is not easy.

Food and Drink - as compared to the aforementioned Dreams and Club Med, as well as a Now resort, all in Mexico, this was BY FAR the best we have experienced. The liquors are all top shelf. You want a bottle of Corona and not a draft, you got it. You want a bucket of them, no problem! If they don't have exactly what your preference is, I dare you to mention it to Claudia and see if it doesn't magically appear. The food is awesome, you will want to try everything. I wasn't afraid to be a baller and order two entrees for lunch one day. Most every restaurant is ala carte for dinner, Aroma is a buffet one night a week. Every restaurant has a kids menu available. My wife and I are both in the hospitality industry and we were very impressed. There were 100 ways to cut a corner but they never did.

The Rooms - we had a 2 story beachfront casita suite so I can't speak for the other room types. The rooms with the private pools are the same layout with the pool outside instead of on the roof top like ours. The roof top plunge pool was very cool, my son loved it. There is a great king bed up there too. I slept up there 3 nights because why not! How often will you be in a place that quiet, with the waves and moon and stars and beautiful sunrise. It was really cool (have a backup plan in case it rains!). The room layout was kind of weird, the bathrooms are basically open with glass doors on the showers and toilet. Not the best when sharing a room with a pre teen girl and her dad. The pull out sofa (all handled by the turndown service BTW) is wildly uncomfortable but for my 7 year old son it was not a problem. He's built out of boogers and rubber bands anyway. You can request a roll away to put in there too but the space gets real tight. We did it and it was not too much of an issue, it was much more comfortable than the pull out. I will say that the room layout at Club Med was perfect for a family like ours.

Free Wifi - it's no Google fiber. Not that it was any big deal for us (on vacation!) but for those who think they are going to be logging on to your company's server via VPN and turning your kids loose on Netflix on their iPads, think again. It's good enough to check emails and that's about it. It's all you should need when you're on vacation.

The one thing that I would have liked to see here were some more activities. There was a bike ride that leaves at 9AM a few days but we kind of missed that after the injury. A family frisbee, volleyball or ping pong tourney on the beach in the afternoon would be great. Just some games and fun to liven up the afternoons would have been a lot of fun.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay. Out of all the places we have been this is the one place my kids said with no question or hesitation they want to come back again next year.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family