“Loved the resort”

Beloved Playa Mujeres
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed here June 11 - 17. Rooms are big and well designed. Beach is great, there are no waves (I believe it's due to the location) and it doesn't get deep right away, so it's great for little kids. The hotel is pretty quiet overall and very classy. There was a girl playing beautiful piano in the breakfast buffet, which was so nice. Large variety of fresh squeezed juices in the buffet was impressive. The service is wonderful, like it should be for a 5 star resort. The hydro treatment and the massage in the spa were awesome, I went twice.
We'll come back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lena99999
Write a ReviewReviews (3,894)

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I spent 5days and my family and I had a great time.My daughter and her husband attended a wedding on June 14,2014,and I hit my 50th B-Day on the 13th.The staff was great,very relaxing time,at the resort.My daughter told me the ceremony was wonderful.But ,my wife and I had a great time,sitting our granddaughter.The resort was perfect.AAA .
P.S. Try the spa
Enjoy,Jorge Cabrera

Room Tip: The showers are unforgettable
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I just got back from The Beloved Hotel...and boy do we wish we were there right now! A friend of ours went with her sisters last June and we fell IN LOVE just by the pictures. They gave it a rave review so we HAD TO GO!

This was our first visit ever to Mexico--and to an all-inclusive resort. Not disappointed one bit!
We are by no means money bags, we set a budget for our trip and stuck to it and had a great time.
-We were transferred to the hotel by Canada Transfers--I have a separate (positive) review for them.

We went for our delayed Honeymoon(got married in March)...upon arrival we were greeted with smiles and SPARKLING WINE! Our room was not ready yet (arrived at 12:30pm check in at 3pm) so we were escorted to Isla Grill for lunch. We sat outside (covered patio with fans) had ocean views and had great food! Once we got to our room we were greeted with a banner on our door that read It's our Honeymoon! Nice touch. Inside there was a bottle of champagne chilling in an ice bucket! How sweet. Our room was perfect! Whoop whoop 324 partial ocean view! The showers are amazing. We slept like rocks or babies whatever resonates with you about the excellent quality of sleep. The turn down service is great. I'm not going to ruin the surprises for you--go see for yourself!

The property is gorgeous. The beach is COMBED! Yeah that's right they periodically remove seaweed throughout the day! The pools are HUGE (although they close at 7pm--should be at least 10--the water stays so warm!) The swim up bar is great although it could stay open longer---but I do understand they are not trying to have a party party atmosphere.

The beach wait staff is superb! Always smiling and friendly although it is blazing hot! They helped us expand our cocktail knowledge base and we found knew favorite drinks. All of the staff is super attentive and friendly. It's amazing how they really care about if you are having a good time and enjoying your meal etc. It's awesome.

The food is excellent we hit all the restaurants and ordered room service never disappointed---the portions are perfect! Not huge and not tiny--just right! I am a huge foodie (food science degree in college) I have SO many pictures of food on my phone it's ridiculous.

The beach activities by "AquaWorld" are great too! Kayaking, peddle boat, catamaran--- Try paddleboarding your first day! I did it on our last full day and that is my only regret because I was GOOD at it and LOVED it!!

The live music in the afternoons by the pool/beach are fun too! They aren't there every single day which gives you a break for quiet but I quite enjoyed them as well.

We happened to get to see a wedding reception at Isla Grill during our stay it looked so fun, if you have the money it looked worth it to us.

1  Thank MrsSailorMouth
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I wanted to take a short trip before summer really kicked in for us. The summer is our busiest time at work and on our farm. It was important to us to go somewhere quiet that we could truly relax and enjoy each other. We found the place! The Beloved was wonderful. Our room was exquisite! From the time we got out of our car until we walked back into the airport, we could not have been treated better. We just loved the resort. Everyone was so helpful and nice! The food wasn't spectacular but it was good. Breakfast was ideal as it was a buffet. We highly recommend it and will look forward to our own return in the future!

Room Tip: Splurge and get one of the Casitas! You won't regret it!
2  Thank Steffie1212
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel. The first time, it was "La Amada" and was not all inclusive (though you could buy a package). Overall, I still think it's among the best properties in the Cancun area. The staff, in particular are outstanding. A few notes:
- swim up suite was not my first choice but it was our only option. I enjoyed it more than expected but wow, it gets really damp if you don't keep the sliders closed up tightly! We were also across from a storage area so the room was a bit noisy in the morning. No real problem for us as we are early risers (room 301) but others may not enjoy it!
- there are kids here....generally well behaved but the screamers....ugh. I'll say no more on this.
- perhaps worse than the kids were the large, loud groups from weddings who take over the main pool area. They blast their music, take ownership of all the bar seats and leave an oil slick in an otherwise pristine pool.
- food was well above average for an all inclusive. (Although in truth, we feel it was ever so slightly better on our first stay). The staff goes out of their way to accommodate all requests as well.
- I love a long, I uncrowded beach and will gladly take some sea grass if it means avoiding crowds. Others may take issue with this....
-spa is a decadent, lovely treat. Just go.
- all manner of high end alcohol available...just ask
- we had a few small hiccups early on and my husband noted them in our survey on the second day...I'd like to say that within 24 hours, this survey was reviewed and our concerns addressed. Not something that happens in most resorts! Kudos to management on this one...very classy.

Overall, I'd stay again given the consistency and excellence service found here. We don't do many all inclusives, but this is definitely one I don't hesitate to recommend!

6  Thank hollydaze
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Beloved Hotel is the finest property that I've ever vacationed at in Mexico. The staff is so attentive and friendly. The property is well-kept and maintained. The spa is the best in the world. I've never been to a spa where this many amenities were added to every treatment. The Aqua Viva is unbelievable...loved it. The restaurants serve American and Mexican cuisine and it was like eating at a five star restaurant every night. The service at The Beloved Hotel is truly exceptional. The staff is there to please you and make your stay special. Our swim-up suite was in a great location. I loved the idea of walking out of my room and in about 10 steps, you're in the pool. I will go back to this Hidden Gem again very soon.

Room Tip: We had a swim-up suite and I loved it. They also have rooms with a private plunge pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank LucyNorred
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The Beloved Hotel is the epitome of class, brilliance and exceptional service. Period. After staying next door at their sister hotel we decided to try the Beloved and we loved it! The private dipping pools, the beach, the service, all exceptional. I must have heard the staff say, "It is my pleasure to serve you" 1000 times. We will be back!

Room Tip: Every room is stunning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
#1 of 177 in Cancun
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!