“Excellent but lacking a night life.”

Beloved Playa Mujeres
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Beloved was very clean, staff was amazing and food was very good for an all inclusive. Areas needing attention: (1) Reservations: There are no room reservations at all, not even for choice of bed so, first come first serve. If you are married or a couple on a special trip, you may very well end up with 2 double beds and there will be nothing they can do about it unless you want to change rooms later if one opens up. (2) Night life: This location is very quiet and peaceful which is nice however, there is NO nightly entertainment other than very quiet and sleepy music for a few hours. No bar or dancing at night at all. (3) Groups, if you are with a larger group, getting reservations will be difficult. They will accommodate but the menu will be fixed, food will be slow and overall, the food won't be very good unless you order from the menus with small groups of 4 or 6.

Good areas:
-Patricio and Luis are amazing. Carina did a great job trying to address issues however, Patricio is you man for whatever you need.
-Rooms are amazing. Every room has an amazing balcony with lounge beds to relax, round jacuzzi tub right off the balcony with windows that slide open so you are essentially outside and the shower is amazing. Rainfall shower with a second side shower option which both run simultaneously.
-Rooms also have all marble floors, beds are very large and nice, even the bobbles and there is a fully stocked bar in each room. AWESOME.
-Grounds amazing and beach is beautiful.
I highly suggest speaking with Captain Cercio on the beach (he rent the jet skis and boats) and rent a boar for the day to take you ad your guests to Isla Mujueras and they will take you on a tour all around the island, anchor for a while and you can go tot he beach and swim up to the bars/restaurants. Goto BUHAS bar on the beach and swing on the bar swings and get their guacamole, shrink and fish tacos are the best Ive ever tasted, EVER.

Overall, great, keep in mind, this is NOT an adult only resort. If that whats you want, they have a sister property next door.

Room Tip: Higher the better, building 1 is in the main registration area where the gym and spa is located but...
3  Thank David W
Write a ReviewReviews (3,894)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was my 3rd trip to the Yucatan and I was expecting a typical Cancun like all-inclusive hotel. After ~30 minute drive we entered the portico into the hotel lobby, which was a very visually pleasing environment. The whole hotel was like this. Very pleasing to the senses and very nice aesthetics. I feel it was definitely setup for European sensibilities.

Beach was excellent. Food was as good as anyone should expect from an all-inclusive. Good selection in alcohol. Never once felt crowded or claustrophobic.

Only major complaint would be the timeliness of the food service staff. On our last day there, we ordered food at 1200 and didn't get it by 1315. A table of our friends near us sat down after us and got their food within 30 minutes. Was never impressed by the speed of the restaurants anywhere on the resort.

Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay in building 1.
5  Thank ATLDerp
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Was here on a club trip and I was originally disappointed to be heading back to Cancun again. The resort was beautiful; well maintained, nice grounds, interesting style and architecture. The water is some of the best in the Caribbean. Our room was nice, with a very comfortable bed, quality linens, plenty of towels, big screen TV, and a balcony with a chaise lounge more than suitable for a nap. The bathroom is open to the room so privacy is nil but we got use to it fairly quickly. The food was well above what I've come to expect for an all inclusive. I recommend sticking to the Mexican inspired dishes, quality decreased the farther the menu traveled from Latin America. Room service is included and we repeatedly got breakfast delivered to the room to enjoy it on the balcony. Liquor was high quality but the pour where a little light. Our group remedied by ordering a shot with every other drink and supplementing. The service was amazing; from the waiters, bartenders, desk, maids, even the lifeguard was very friendly, with excellent English, and super accommodating.

My only minor complaints was more around guests. There was a family directly below us which had two small children who spent the entire day in the pool outside window and were extremely loud, the dad felt the need to scream every thought he had. There was also a few families, again with children who just ignored their behavior. As a parent I would have been humiliated by some of this behavior and they didn't even offer a glance or apology. Finally, I was surprised by how early all but one of the bars closed. As a group, we wanted to hang out, imbibe, and talk the night away. However after about midnight the only choice was a room. Not a huge issue, but room service for just drinks is a bit slow.

The spa there is really top notch, pricy, but worth it. We got one of the packages and our treatment last three hours. It was a great experience I a recommend going on the tour so you can see what you'll be getting.

1  Thank Ross R
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had a group of 20 people go for a company trip. Everything was wonderful! The staff was super helpful and always willing to bring you the drink or food of your choice, no matter how far and fast they had to run to get it to you! There were many daily activities to chose from to keep you busy and the watersport staff on the beach were eager to keep you smiling. The fitness center and spa were clean, quiet, and had anything you might be looking for. The company paid for my trip, but I would NO DOUBT pay out of pocket to go back to this wonderful resort!

Room Tip: Patricio is the MAN! He is more than willing to help with anything!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Beloved Hotel is one of the best all inclusive resorts I have experienced. This is our fourth year taking an annual company retreat and the hotel service, food, rooms, and location were the best by far (we have visited other resorts in Cancun, Dominican Republic, and Cozumel).

After a small hiccup upon check-in, the entire staff was dedicated to making our stay a wonderful one with rest and relaxation. We had our own cabana & server on the beach and reservations were arranged each night for dinner.

The rooms were large and very clean with turn down service each night.

The resort is not recommended for those looking for a nightlife. The bars, music, and all activities were closed b/w 9pm & 11pm each night. The resort is also geared towards families with children.

4  Thank B00merG
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres last year and were very pleased. This year we went to the Beloved Hotel just to compare. This hotel was smaller, which we liked. Our room was ready when we arrived. I asked if it was a quiet room and was told a quieter room would be ready in Building 3 in two hours. The room was large and well appointed. The bed was big and very comfortable. The bath area had some of the same toilet issues as the Excellence . The walk in shower was roomy.The faux marble floor in the shower was a safety hazard in my opinion becoming slick when wet with water and soap. We requested a rubber shower mat which was provided next day. The food was typical of high-end all-inclusives, which is to say that breakfast was excellent while lunch and dinner were ok. The house wines were drinkable--I recommend the Santa Carolina chardonnay and merlot from Chile. As usual the wine we really wanted was very expensive. What really sets this resort apart from all the rest is the level of service we received---simply the best we have ever encountered at any hotel we have stayed at. Chef Juan Ortiz was great-- we met him in the Lupita bar after dinner in the Lupita restaurant on the first night---a wonderful lamb. My wife mentioned that she liked lobster. Wednesday dinner is a buffet at the Aroma restaurant. Chef Juan spied us entering and told me he had a "surprise" for us----yep----lobster tail with coconut shrimp. We tried the Hidalgo lamb on our last night---superb. The Lupita bar has a master mixologist named Hayden who makes the best martinis and margaritas on the planet. Two wait staff were particularly outstanding ( they all were )---Jose and Concepcion. Really nice people. I asked Jose if he ever got tired of being nice all the time. He said " I like to provide service--like my dad". It was said with dignity and pride. So the Beloved gets our vote as the best all-inclusive ever. I have been to over 25 of them over the years.

Room Tip: Building 1 is above reception and the Lupita bar and adjacent to the entertainment area. If you wan...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We came here for five nights on our honeymoon.

We paid for the private transfers - which were fabulous, however the chauffer had broken my suitcase when putting the bag into the car. Accidents happen.. totally get it. However there was no help or answers about where I could perhaps purchase a new one.

When we were arrived it was hard not to be impressed - the reception area was modern, fresh and just beautiful. Our room had rose petals on the bed and around the spa.. just a very thoughtful gesture. Florentine took our bags to the room and was very helpful with any questions we had.In particular where to find a new suitcase

Unfortunately from then on there appeared to be a bit of a breakdown of communication. My husband is gluten free - i had emailed the hotel when selecting to ensure that the hotel was able to cater to his dietary requirement. The email back was that it was fine and that they definitely do. This was not the case. Every meal we would ask if the restaurant had gluten free bread available. They did, once. We even went back to the same restaurant in the resort and they didn't have it.

Being our honeymoon, we did treat ourselves to the 2 story apartment for our stay. this was excellent.

We found it hard having to wake up early to try and get a seat by the pool or even by the beach. It appeared that people would just leave their towels and walk off.. It was now hard to justify the money for the rooms knowing that there was no added bonus or priority to anything when i could of just booked a stock standard hotel room and been in exactly the same situation.

I had tried to book a dinner by the beach however the person I was speaking to on the phone couldn't understand me.. I found several times the staff had no idea what I was saying - even if I was pointing at the menu. I ordered the same hotdog off the menu 3 times.. and each time it was different and never what was described on the list (not a first world problem, or even a problem for that matter.. however.. there was definitely a language barrier that you wouldn't expect from a five star resort)

The spa was amazing, best massage I have ever had - without a doubt.

It was beautiful stay all the same and we will remember it fondly however if you have dietary requirements, probably best to research other hotels in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TheTuccs
Excellence_Group, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for having chosen The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres as your holiday destination and for taking the time to share this review with us.

We are disappointed to hear that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations and we would like to extend our sincerest apologies.

Your comments are very important to us because give us the opportunity to know better about the aspects we need to work on in order to give the best service, the kind of service our guests deserve. Please rest assured that all the info you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate corrective actions have been taken.

We truly hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in a near future and to provide you with a truly unique vacation experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Mujeres
#1 of 177 in Cancun
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!