“Outstanding”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Warsaw, Poland
“Outstanding”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

So far the best hotel we've ever stayed at. We have received so much comfort, hospitality, basically any need has been delivered with a broad smile in that beautiful, charming place. It is far away from crowds, quiet, yet exceptional both for us and our kids. Spacey rooms, delicious fresh food, and Service again. We especially recommend rooms with private gardens. And finally on the top of that, very affordable. Even more, you can't beat it when comparing price to quality. It is definitely one of the must see places.

Robert,
Warsaw, Poland

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Robert N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,172)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Inverness
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed at The Beloved for 14 nights in October. We were greeted by Edgar (a really nice man who appears never to go home) in the spacious reception area who showed us to our 2 storey beach front Casita. This was our second stay here and I don't know how but it was even better this time around.

We found the food to be exceptional this year. In The Isla Grill they had improved the choice by offering to cook certain dishes at the table which is not only enjoyable but also entertaining. Noe and Adrian, who made us some wonderful dishes, were great characters and attentive servers as are all the staff. Pablo the Head Waiter was great at breakfast and lunch and he made sure everything ran smoothly.

We didn't have a bad meal at all and we loved the whole experience of dining as the staff are so happy and friendly. It really comes over that they seemed to actually enjoy their work. Christian, Antonio and Concepcion were great at breakfast and lunch along with Freddy and Alberto.

A welcome new addition in The Aroma restaurant at dinner was a cheese cart where they offered many different varieties of cheeses. Sarai was very knowledgeable and was a lovely girl. Also at The Aroma where they serve breakfast they now offer an egg station outside as well as the menu and buffet.

We booked the kitchen tour and also cooking with the chef this year and it made us appreciate the cleanliness and work that goes in to preparing all the food and the quality of the ingredients. We were lucky to cook with Executive Chef Juan Garcia who prepared a marvellous 3 course meal in which we "helped". Don't have lunch before you go on this tour as you are served this in the restaurant with different wines provided by the excellent Heriberto. (We must try the wine tasting run by him the next time we go). I think this was one of the highlights of hubby's holiday as he is a keen cook.

The Lupita Lounge was great for a pre-dinner drink (and post dinner as well). We liked sitting there listening to the various singers, musicians and DJ that played every evening. The Sushi served there was also very enjoyable.

We also appreciated the assorted theme nights at the El Mar restaurant on the beach. They even had bands and other entertainment through the day at the pool for an hour or so which we liked. Another new addition for us was a friendly game of poker also at the pool area and run by the staff - no money changed hands - but you can win a Spa treatment. Incidentally we tried the spa and it was one of the best we have been to. We tried the Hydrotherapy circuit and then a couple’s massage. Both brilliant. Also people from the Spa came round to the pool or beach area at midday and carried out various free treatments such as massage and hand classes. On top of this the chefs also came round the beach during the day with different nibbles for us to try.

We took a trip to Isla Mujeres where we hired a golf cart with a driver. It cost 250 Pesetas and we were out about 2 hours. He took us to all the places we had read about and wanted to see and then dropped us off at the beach. We found 2 hours more than adequate to see the island. We also went to see the zoo by the hotel main gates but they only have parrots there now, but still a nice walk out.

The only slight downside to the hotel was the Housekeeping where we didn't get the towels changed a couple of times. We heard they were in the process of changing the Head Housekeeper but by the end of the holiday things were much improved. We also asked for a mattress topper and our favourite drinks in the room before we arrived. All was there on arrival.

A special thanks to Carina who goes above and beyond the call of duty and made this holiday one to remember. We must also mention Marcela the Chief Concierge who was always so helpful and Patricio a charming and helpful man who was always working but always had time for a smile and chat. Gabriel Garcias the General Manager was very sociable and he often chatted to us and other guests. He manages a great team and should be very proud of them.

I know I have missed out lots of names but to everyone we met at the hotel thank you for a wonderful holiday. If I could give it 6 stars then I would. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank curvyshirley
Excellence_Group, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
It is our pleasure to know that The Beloved Hotel exceeded your expectations, making you feel relaxed and pampered all the time. Our commitment is to make of every guest experience, as exceptional and unique as it can be.

Thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your stay, due to our resort facilities and atmosphere, the food & drinks quality encountered, evening entertainment, and the outstanding service provided by our staff members, who always attended to your needs.

We are looking forward to welcome you back and have another opportunity to pamper you with our service creating another experience to remember.
chicago illinois
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This are 2nd time staying at this resort. In 2012 it was under a different name. The resort and the rooms are kept immaculately clean. I should have written a review on our first stay back in 2012 but I never got around to it. Of course with us returning in 2013 means it was an excellent experience. First staying we had the Beach Front Casita Suite with Plunge Pool. Room was nice and the pool is decent in size and about 4'6" deep. Which my 8 year old daughter at the time loved. Since she is a water bug this was nice because after dinner she was able to swim while my wife and myself enjoyed a cocktail while watching here. The food was excellent that time. Excellent Breakfast , Lunch by the pool consisted of grilled shrimp on skewers and cous cous . The Best dinners where at the restaurant by the beach. However on our 2nd stay we had the Ocean View Terrace Suite with Plunge Pool. Nice room with a very large terrace with great views however the pool is more like a hot tub. Similar staff from first visit. Very polite and very attentive. Anything you need they will do and in a timely manner. The only disappointing thing was the food. The breakfast was very good, but lunches and dinners where average on below. I however did discuss this with the management and they had me speak to the chef. He apologized and asked what he could do to make it right. I mentioned for him to make a dinner with the mayan recipes that he specialized in. He arrived at the restaurant at an instance I knew this was going to be good. Basically several people where waiting on us. The chef prepared a four course meal for us. He came out of the kitchen on each course to explain each dish. My daughter was in amazed by the food and the attention. The spa is I believe priced fairly and do an excellent job. Plus whether its the person behind the bar at the pool or the person cleaning the room they go out of their way to make sure you are happy. The reason I'm giving a very good on the food is because the chef going out of his way to make us happy. Hopefully the food at this resort will return to how it was before, but the again that's the problem resorts have when the go all-inclusive. The first time you paid a modest rate per day for food. Maybe they will bring that back its worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank loftylefty
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

WOW!!!!! fantastic hotel we came for our son-in-laws 40th and could not have chosen a better place. We had 6 adults and two children in our party and the staff could not have done anything more to be helpful the rooms were kept spotless as were the outside area's the food was excellant and the waiters were brilliant our fav. was miguel the drink waiters never stopped running back and forwards with drinks and food here our fav. was Louis.Kids club was brill although at the time we were there only about 4 kids. Thankyou to everyone at Beloved for making it such a special holiday. WE WILL BE BACK!!x

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Brenda1966838
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I chose to spend my birthday at one of the best hotels according to trip advisor and they were correct. Upon arrival, they greet you with welcoming smiles. The check in area is not common as most with a busy lobby area and lots of noise. It was quiet, clean and very personal. We originally chose the two-story casita, but they were experiencing some flooding issues due to weather so we were upgraded for free to an ocean view suite. At first, I was hesitant because I wanted to be close to the beach, but once I reached room, I was sold. It was beautiful! They made my birthday spectacular and I do plan to return in the near future. Below is my breakdown:

Hotel- Boutique hotel. Very cute and cozy. Small and intimate and is perfect for couples, families, friends and even alone if you seek peace and tranquility

Food-Great. Mostly a la carte and sizes were portioned. We are used to big plates(greed), but as its all inclusive, you have the option to order more than one dish. The major plus was not getting sick so I have to say they did great with the tasty dishes.
Drinks- They were great as well and there were daily specials and ingredients provided as well. There is a smoothie bar by the children area and they are sooooo good! Make sure you try a few and play a big game of chess on the ground. You will need that smoothie for energy because pieces are heavy and big!

Service- They tend to you and are extrememly friendly. They are very helpful and try to make your stay as best as possible. For my birthday, they left a cake in our room and for dinner, champagne, mariachi and all the staff came and sang to me and gave us extra attention and assisted my boyfriend in surprising me with cake, gift, and balloons. The setting was perfect as it was over the pool with floating lights and soothing sounds of the ocean.

Beach- calm and clean after you pass the seaweed. They probably have to work on having someone clean seaweed, but as weather was bad prior to arrival, a lot may have washed up on shore.

Pool- Big and clean and you see them cleaning pool at night so you can enjoy it first thing in the morning.

Extra- Game room, Business room, spa and gym are available. Love the gym! Toiletries were Bulgari and smelled great. If you forgot your toothbrush as many do, they provide one for you along with shower cap, sewing kit, shoe shine kit, comb, shampoo, conditioner, bar of soap, shower gel and plenty of towels

Room- Spacious, gorgeous and comfortable.They cleaned the rooms, but should invest more time in cleaning deeper and cleaning earlier. We called once or twice to have room fixed up again and I think its because they come late in the day. Room smelled good, but it could have been a little better. Presentation was great and I would have preferred the room without the rug as it bothers my nose :) Bathrooms is awesome because its huge. You can sit down and have option to shower at the same time with two showerheads and streamers. Jacuzzi is by window so you have a view of hotel and ocean or if you want television, turn the other direction and voila, tv time in the jacuzzi. The plunge pool outside is nice and big and there are three beds to lounge in patio area along with a small table to sit and chill.

Overall, The Beloved Hotel is a win and I recommend this to everyone! I cannot wait to return! I probably missed more fabulous details, but go for yourself and enjoy!

Room Tip: Casitas were my first option, but ocean view suite is a winner if you want privacy. Casitas are clos...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank burgundyboo28
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place was amazing. The staff the food and the drinks. My child went to the kids club and loved it as well. They always had fun things for them to do every day. The grounds were extremely clean and the staff was beyond fantastic! This resort was AMAZING from the moment we stepped foot on the resort! The food was wonderful every night, live music and shows all enjoyable. I hope to return again sometime! The word I have used in this review does not do this place justice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank J3Ni
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a great and relaxing time at the Beloved Hotel with the entire family. (9 Adults and 2 children)

Staff were fantastic from the moment we arrived with champagne, strawberries and cool towels, an easy check in process and bags brought to our rooms without a fuss. Everyone went out of there way to help you and they were so friendly.

The rooms were very clean and spacious, some of the family stayed in the junior suites while the rest of us stayed in the Casita's with a plunge pool which the kids loved.

Speaking of kids, the kids club staff were fantastic, a big thank you to Africa and Wendy they did a wonderful job of entertaining our 6 and 4 year old boys. They loved it there and couldn't wait to get there in the morning and didn't want to leave in the afternoon.

With the kids being looked after this gave the adults a chance to enjoy the services, got to go for a great bike ride with Jorge, use the other facilities such as the gym and of course indulgence ourselves and go for a massage.

Overall the time we spent at the Beloved Hotel was just what everyone needed to relax and unwind, we couldn't recommended it highly enough, we hope to return one day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#7 of 175 in Cancun

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!