Beloved Playa Mujeres
$590
$566
  • Breakfast included
Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$485
$455
Bookit.com
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$220
  • Pool
$397
$312
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
$249
$41
$30
Hotels.com
4,080 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantstory casitabeachfront casitanatura barroom serviceaqua vivaocean view terracesushiboutique resortbeach conciergeswim up barseasons toursour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We just came back from 7 days getaway with 2 small kids, total 5 ppl from Toronto. We booked 2 rooms: one terrace suite with plunge pool and regular room. We paid hefty premium for this upgrade. Guess what? Both rooms ended up identical, one with larger balcony. Overall service was horrible, nobody speaks English and nobody cares about ur vacation experience. Kids club is a joke - its a tiny room with Wendy who barely speaks English. There were never any kids playing and frankly it was quite sketchy to leave children there ... Food was terrible especially breakfast selection at Aroma. Frequently there were no eggs, no sausages because they ran out of food. There is no entertainment at hotel, not even facility for entertainment. Staff and the manager don't care that there is nothing to do. Basically, I would never stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
14  Thank bogdanm
Excellence_Group, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is our regret that we were not able to exceed your expectations, although many travelers find The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres to be a great place for relaxing vacations, with excellent food options and specially outstanding service.

Our guests experience is important to us, and it is of deep regret to hear that our service was not of your full satisfaction. Although at The Beloved Hotel, each member of our staff is continuously trained for the proper development of their duties and to provide high quality service that exceed the expectations of all our guests. Moreover we would like to highlight that in the recruitment process our staff undergoes different English tests to make sure they deliver the service expected.

We also regret to read we fell short on your culinary expectations. We take great pride in providing the freshest of ingredients and creating both simple and also creative dining experiences. We also would like to remind all of our guests that if you want to eat something that is not in our restaurants, please let us know, and our Chef will be more than happy to prepare a special meal for you, if the ingredients are available.

Please received our warmest greetings from Cancun, Mexico.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Would love to give this 5 stars, but for me it was a solid 4 star hotel/vacation. This my wife and my second trip to Playa Mujeres (last time we stayed at Excellence) and this was a great trip. This hotel is perfect for couples and small groups. Hotel was very nice, food was good, and staff were the highlight. Everyone was truly interested in the guests having a great stay and it certainly shows. Kudos to the team at the beloved - especially the bar staff which are great people.

We enjoyed the staff, drinks, and abundance of GREAT seating at the pool and beach. At the Excellence it was very hard to get a spot at the beach or pool unless you reserved seats at 7:30 - but not at the beloved, so much great seating no mater what time you came out. The spa treatments we had were about average and the Aqua Viva was neat but not something that we'd repeat. One dinner was not that pleasant at Lupita Lounge as there was a family at the nice restaurant with their kids iPad blaring. Thought that the staff could have at least asked them to turn it down a bit as we could hear it perfectly about 60 feet away. As other reviewers have noted, this is NOT a couples resort - there are a LOT of kids, although most are very respectful and well behaved.

The toughest part of the whole trip is the beds - with a hotel of this caliber you should expect a mattress that doesn't feel like you're laying on a brick. We requested a "mattress topper" which was delivered quickly, but didn't help much.

Room Tip: We were in Consentina which is beatiful and beachfront - highly recommend it. The folks at checkin upgraded us to that room for only $80/night more and couldn't have been happier!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I think this has ruined any future vacation plans for me. My husband and I came here on our honeymoon 10/6 thru 10/13. The experience here is unimaginable. I sound like every other review and it is because the service is truly the best you will get anywhere. The staff is so friendly and are very attentive. Mary our waitress a couple of times was great. PERFECTO lived up to his name. He truly was the best, my husband was very content with his constant delivery of old fashions. CHRISTIAN HECTOR HEYDEN JAVIER, these are wonderful bartenders and they definitely made our stay at TBH enjoyable. The food was amazing. Even room service was good. The drinks were great. Unfortunately we were not able to make it to the spa, but this gives us a reason to come back. Well worth the money. We stayed in a swim up and it was such a nice convenience. We will surely tell our friends and family to come here. So sad that we had to leave. And we also visited next door to excellence and just like another reviewer, we were instantly swarmed with mosquitoes where as at the beloved there were no insects in sight. We didn't like the atmosphere of excellence, it just isn't as personal as TBH. We will come back many times.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mayricel D
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was my third trip to The Beloved Hotel (formerly La Amada) and I remembered all I had loved before (2009 & 2010). The staff was as I remembered attentive and more than helpful. The grounds and rooms are just as luxurious and well kept as they were on my previous trips to the resort. I upgraded to a Terrace room on this trip and loved having an amazing view of the grounds, the ocean and the wrap around balcony with my own private pool. As has been highlighted in other reviews this is a "grown folks" resort. It is all inclusive (including the bar in your room which if you need it to be will be refilled if you're so inclined) but you never saw any one out of control or any college student like behavior. The resort is actually pretty quiet by 11pm there are lots of couples and couples with small children. It's the spot for a romantic or quiet get away.

My one ding is targeted towards the breakfast bar. In my previous two visits I actually looked forward to it as it was the best I had ever encountered at a hotel. This time is was just OK. That being said you'll find plenty at any time of the day to satisfy you.

Room Tip: If you can I highly recommend an upgrade to either a Terrace room or a casita!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chigrll
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place is AMAZING!!! We loved everything! The staff is over the top friendly and helpful, the entire resort is immaculate, the food and drinks were wonderful. It was romantic and quiet and the atmosphere was perfect for our honeymoon! We were nervous about it not being adults only but had no issues with this! The kids that were there were very well behaved! We stayed in a casita with rooftop plunge pool and absolutely think it was worth the extra money! We spent a lot of time on our rooftop! Gorgeous view! There is not a lot of entertainment but we didn't mind at all because we did not want a party crowd! Sitting on the beach, eating, drinking, and soaking up the sun was exactly what we wanted! We used the hotel transportation to and from the airport and felt that it was worth it! We also used the night pass to the Excellence next door. The resort was stunning but we did not like the ambience or crowd as much as The Beloved! Also we got swarmed with mosquitoes at dinner. It was so bad that we left without finishing our dinner! We had no problem with insects at our resort! We also took advantage of the spa and it was a wonderful experience! We loved, loved, loved this resort and will be returning in the future!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple