“More than we ever expected”

Beloved Playa Mujeres
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Beloved two weeks ago and we could have not asked for a better vacation. It was a great place to relax and be pampered. We were greeted at the hotel with a glass of champagne and a cool towel which could not have been a better greeting. The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. The food was fantastic and provided a great variety. The lounge chairs on the beach were perfect and we were also provided with waiter service of the beach to order drinks and food all day long. There are multiple pools and although there is no adult only pool the kids did not seem to be a bother since there were so many pools. The hotel offered free activities like a morning stretch activity on the beach, yoga on the beach, kayaking tour, bicycling tour. Clara was the event person when we were there and she was great!!!

Some things we will plan for better next time: more tip money for meals and variety of services
The dress code for men at a couple of the restaurants requires men to wear slacks with closed toe shoes. We did not realize this but it ended up not being a problem because we ate at the other options.

We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had the junior suite in building 2 and it was a great location.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Following the recommendation of friends, we decided to make The Beloved our vacation destination. It was absolutely perfect! The service was excellent. The rooms were gorgeous. The personnel were friendly and fantastic. The food was absolutely delicious. The beach and pools couldn't be more spectacular. Finally, the spa services were the best we've ever experienced. It made our vacation the best!

2  Thank Susan R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary at the Beloved Hotel. We had a fantastic time. We found the Beloved Hotel to be a perfect location for a romantic get away without the kids.
This was our first time staying at an all-inclusive resort and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious especially the meat/main courses. I expected the drinks to somewhat watered down. However, the mixed drinks (i.e. Mojitos, Sangrias) were some of the best drinks I have had in a while. The room comes fully stocked with bottles of liquor and they brought us a new bottle of sparkling wine every night. The sparkling wine was of questionable quality; however, it was a very romantic gesture.
The restaurants were never crowded and we never had a bad meal. We found the wait staff to be extremely friendly. We especially enjoyed a barbeque they had on the beach one night. The meat was incredible and we ate our food less than 10 feet from the water. It was perfect. We ordered room service for breakfast most days. It took about 30 minutes from the time ordered it (which I did not think was as bad as other reviewers indicated). We had the breakfast buffet at Aroma one day. They had a little bit of everything. I do not understand other reviewers criticisms. I only have two nit picky critiques of the food at the beloved. First, I am a chocoholic. The chocolate desserts were few and far between. Second, the side dishes that came with the entrees were very small. For example, my husband's entrée came with asparagus one night. I believe he only had 3 small half spears of asparagus. However, there was so much food to eat in general its not like we went hungry.
We stayed in the junior jacuzzi suite. It was perfect for couples. The shower was huge and very nice. The balcony was one of our favorite aspects of the room. It was very large with an outdoor type bed on it. The one big criticism I would have of the room is the lack of privacy in actually using the toilet. It is in a separate room from the bathroom. However, it is only separated by a slightly opaque half door which does not block out any sounds, etc. For any couples who still try keep up a veil of mystery regarding bathroom activities, this could be a total romantic mood killer.
The beach was very small but very clean and beautiful. There were plenty of chairs and thatch umbrellas to sit under. Also, the wait staff was constantly coming by and getting us refills on the drinks.
My husband and I got a couples massage package at the Beloved Spa. It came with the aqua vida, a signature spa, followed by a couples bath. Neither of had ever experienced anything like the aqua vida but we both enjoyed it. The signature spa was great as well. However, I did not enjoy the couples bath at all. The bath tub is not made for short girls. I am only 5'1 and I could not reach the end of the tub. Having been just all oiled up during the massage, I spent the entire time gripping the side of tub trying not to go under water. Also, to give you privacy, they give you these paper bikinis to wear. (They are made of the same material as those disposable ob/gyn gowns). They were comical at best. So, we loved the massage, enjoyed the aqua vida but we cut the bath short.
The facility was extremely clean and every staff member we ran into was super friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone especially couples looking for some alone time. The criticisms I had of the hotel are small ones. If my husband and I go back to this area alone, we would happily stay at this hotel again.

2  Thank Jennifer T
Excellence_Group, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review, and for recommending us with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are pleased to know that your relaxing vacation with us was highlighted by the courteous attention of our staff, comfort room accommodation & amenities. We also appreciate your detailed feedback, which helped us identify specifically the areas of opportunity encountered during your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon for another family vacation or romantic getaway.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Enjoyed our vacation. Beach was beautiful, the water very clear and warm. Quiet and relaxing atmosphere. Not too crowded, always found a lounge chair in the shade. The food was great. The service was top notch. Romeo and Noe at the Isla Grill were wonderful. They provided excellent service and were very kind and funny. Would return for another vacation.

1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed September 2, 2013

What everyone says about quiet is true: the hotel didn't really seem full at all, although I was told it was 80% full. Felt more like 40% full to me. The perception of quiet also comes from the fact that a lot of people order room service, especially at lunch time, and there are 4 places you can normally have dinner at, so people are never really crowded in one place.
The facilities are very nice and generally well kept. The location, in the North part of Cancun, is nice, although you most certainly don't want to ever leave the hotel as the neighborhood you cross to reach Playa Mujeres is very sketchy... Not that you'd need to leave the hotel: you get everything, nice restaurants, nice gym, nice pools, nice beach, nice room.. And, ALL inclusive! As others have commented, alcohol and food, including room service is included.
Now, a few more details on the good and not so good in my opinion:

GOOD:
-Food: really good and consistent in all restaurants. Ok, the sushi is NOT good, but everything else is very good, and the Mexican food at Lupita is EXCELLENT in my opinion. Very different from Texmex obviously, much more refined and better presentation.
-El Mar restaurant, on the beach has a great setting, loved to eat by the ocean. Pizzas and seafood both not bad.
-Food for Room Service is also extremely good, I'd say the best room service food I've tried in many many hotels..
-Some people commented that the breakfast buffet wasn't good; well it's all relative, not as good as some Intercontinental's, but for me it was pretty decent, and some items were very good (French Toast, omelettes, honeydew juice, etc)
-The beach is small, but quite clean and the water is very nice. Towels are usually always available, as well as sundecks, without any need to fight for one
-Swimming pool, though shallow throughout, are very clean. The water gets very hot by midday this time of the year, but many times there's almost no one in them
-Very family friendly, with some facilities and arrangements for small kids
-Service is overall good and friendly, never had any problem with anything, never obtrusive, usually smiling.
-Never had any issues with tipping. As I normally don't stay in All-inclusive, I didn't know how much was appropriate, but I decided to tip up to $30 a day. Maybe not too generousif you consider that includes 3 meals, drinks, room cleaning etc, but honestly I saw only one other person tipping in the whole week there... so it beats nothing! Most people probably take the "all inclusive" to the letter..
-The gym is excellent, all new Technogym gear, basic stuff but serves the purpose if you want to continue your workout regime
-SPA is very good although a little pricey.
-Junior Suite was nice, huge shower, bed was a little hard but I do like that and slept great.

Not-so-good (I will kind of nitpick but I hope some of these comments will serve as suggestions for the management to improve the experience at the Beloved even more)

-Service can be rather slow: no one expects fast service, at the end of the day, everyone is on vacation, but sometimes, you kind of feel that people are disorganized and not really responsive. Water can go unfilled, an order can disappear and take 30 min to arrive, stuff gets mixed up, etc.
-Some waiters/workers are nicer than others, of course, some smile more some smile less; some run, some drag their feet.. I really liked the people that were serving at breakfast and the people at El Mar also were very nice.
-Sometimes you wouldn't have enough clean towels available at all locations.It's silly that they have these huge containers for clean towels empty and the little containers for dirty towels are usually overflowing and the have this little hole to try to dump your dirty towel through.. No wonder most people just leave the dirty towels around..
-Internet is AWFUL, especially in the room. REALLY something they need to fix, if possible. 99% of the guests were using a table and/or smartphone.
The little crepes place by the children pool closes very early (probably because it doesn't have much business...). It probably should stay open until sunset, in my opinion.. Also they should cook their crepes longer and offer real fruit smoothies
-The rooms a/c system could really use a dehumidifier and clean filters. When you walk into the room from outside it smells funny from the high humidity that never really leaves the room... Clothes stay wet all the time, paper left in the room is totally soggy in half a day.. I know you can't fight the weather, but a strong dehumidification system would really help, together with cooler a/c
-Room service is great but it could really use more staff to get you your food faster. I am sure they have a pretty consistent amount of requests around meal times (you see a lot of coming and going with trays if you look outside), probably would be good to increase staff numbers at those times or maybe pay people per meal delivered, to speed up delivery.
-The Aqua thing in the SPA could really use some polishing, maybe send someone to a Japanese Onsen to study how to do serious water therapy!
-I don't mind that the food across different menus is sometimes the same, but at least call it the same everywhere.. Don't call it differently if it's cooked the exact same way or almost exactly the same way! Comments that the food can get boring after a while are not corroborated by my experience but I guess that if you stayed more than one week and you had limitations on what you can/like to eat, that might indeed be a problem..
Overall highly recommended. I am not familiar at what other places charge, but overall for what we got, I cannot complain, although it would probably be fair to charge infants/kids a lower rate..

1  Thank DanielDP
Excellence_Group, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Allow us to thank you for taking the time to write this review in which you share your experience at The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres with all Trip Advisor Readers.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

They really have great service n the workers have a great attitude in what they do. They really try to accommodate to all your needs. Its comparably a small resort but very family oriented and kid friendly. The cleanliness is nearly perfect n I wOuld def comeback here

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Serrah C
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family and I went to the Beloved from August 25th to August 30th. Now, you may think 5 days is way too short, but when you come home, it'll feel like weeks have passed. 5 days was plenty for me, and i enjoyed every second spent while i was there.

From the moment I arrived, to the moment i left, i felt completely spoiled and pampered. I loved it! I've never been to an all-inclusive hotel, and now, i don't think I'll ever be able to go anywhere without an all-inclusive package.

The car service man was friendly, offering us water and towels once we entered the car. He told us about all the great things to do in Cancun, but we all knew that the Beloved was where we'd spend our entire trip. We tipped him for his friendly service and said our goodbyes. In the front of the hotel we were greeted by cold juices and champagne. We checked in and walked around the hotel campus for a quick tour. We were screaming from excitement, the hotel was beautiful! We caught a glance of a ping pong table, a pool table, and two huge pools, we couldn't wait. We walked through a passage to reach another pool, and inside the pool was a bar! I wasn't sure if my eyes were seeing things, cause a bar in a pool is just crazy to me. Our excitement built up as we caught a glimpse of the beach. The water was literally a turquoise color.

Our tour stopped at a restaurant made to look like a straw hut, called El Mar, one of the many restaurants in the hotel. Some are made for more elegant dining, and some for more casual dining. They also require dress codes, which could be a bother, but that's only one bad thing out of the many great things this hotel has given us. The food is great, and the breakfast buffet at Aroma is amazing. There are plenty different kinds of food to eat at the buffet, and I certainly got my money's worth.

They offer many different kinds of drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. One thing I'd like to advise to the hotel is to provide a drink menu, choosing can become challenging sometimes.

This hotel improves the tiniest details, and i noticed them quite well. Everything is kept clean and neat wherever you go and it gives off a pleasant atmosphere.

The people are really nice, such as the event coordinator, Clara and Noe who goes above and beyond to make the trip better for his customers.

3  Thank cakecheeks
#1 of 177 in Cancun
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!