“Another Amazing Trip”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Germany
“Another Amazing Trip”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel again and it was by far amazing like the first time, but with a twist.

I will go over a few details I believe people should know when looking at staying here. The grounds for this hotel are simply amazing, they do a wonderful job ranking the sand and maintaining the landscape several times a day, this goes for the beach as well. The hotel is now all-inclusive, however it is not as all-inclusive as I had thought, so be mindful when booking, I will cover a few issues later on.

The room was amazing, I went with the Terrace Suite with plunge pool and while I stayed in a normal suite last time, I would of almost preferred the normal ocean view suite again. I will cover why later on.

The last time I was here they only had 2 places to eat, this time around they had added a sushi bar, a mexican restaurant and a pizzeria on the beach. We ate at every place multiply times and it was amazing, the food was good sometimes great, but all in all it was great food and a wide selection, even covered my picky nature. The room service was also great!

Some Pros, the hotel is 5 star, the service and waiters/waitresses are amazing. They really go above and beyond. The beach cabanas are the way to go, so you do not have get up super early to try to snag a spot on the beach or next to the pool with the bar. While you can reserve the beach cabanas at $45 for the day, it is well worth it, even though the hotel is all inclusive. The room was amazing, very clean as last time and the little touches such as fresh strawberries or custom pastries was to die for. The liquor in the room and at the bars was top shelve and included in the price, which was nice. The bartenders where all amazing and Lydia the beach concierge was amazing and ensured our needs were met on the days we stayed in the beach cabanas.

Some annoyances, not cons: When booking all-inclusives you assume that ALL of your liquor or activities are included, this is not the case, and while I do not mind paying for it on site, I would prefer to know ahead of time so I can plan accordingly for example as mentioned above the cabanas on the beach ranged from $45-$65 for the day, you can arrange dinner on the beach at night but for 105$ a person for 4 star cuisine and it goes up from there. Bottles of wine at the restaurants ranged from $40 dollars and up, which again doesn't bother me, I just wish they would raise their price when booking and I do not have to worry or sign for every bottle of wine I order. They also offer a bonfire on the beach for $200 for up to ten people, which I found odd but again, I wish these things would of just been included in the price and the price raised. The last annoyance was we booked the plunge pool terrance however the plunge pool was extremely cold and they stated they would only turn the heat on in December, no big deal, however I would only get this room again if I was staying from May-August as I feel I would of use it then, however it was too cold, we were unable to use it during our trip. Since the room layouts are almost all similar I would choose just an ocean view suite or pool side suite if I stay outside of that time frame.

Overall it was an amazing trip, I am just disheartened on the all-inclusive set up as I have stayed at other 5 star all-inclusives where I didn't feel they where trying to nickel and dime me.

Alex and Geo did an awesome job serving us, Alex was on the beach and Geo was the nightly bartender at the main bar inside the lobby. Christian was also amazing assisting us when we arrive assuring we had the top shelve liquor on our rooms as well an additional robe.

The trip was great and this hotel is amazing, just be mindful of the things listed above when booking so you can budget or plan ahead of time.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with plunge pools unless in December or during the really hot summer months so you can a...
5 Thank JoshuaIowa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,172)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our family of four has just returned from our third trip to The Beloved. We love it. The staff are wonderful and go out of their way for you. They were sincerely kind to my 3 year old and always made a fuss over our 6 month old baby. The food is wonderful-- We ate egg white omelettes with goat cheese and Belgian waffles for breakfast and lobster and prawns for dinner. Delicious! The kids menu has the typical chicken nuggets, hamburgers, etc, but also things like a homemade chicken soup, caprese salad, grilled chicken breast. We ate predominantly at the Isla Grill for lunch and dinner, once or twice at Aroma.
We had a babysitter for our son and he really enjoyed the kids club and Wendy and Africa. I could hardly pull him away. My only wish is that the kids club was for 3 year olds + instead of 4+.
The beach was gorgeous this time around. We have been here previously and the sea grass was in full swing. This time, there was none. It's nothing they can control, and when there is a lot of Seagrass they rake it up.
If you have kids who nap, consider getting a swim up room so you can swim in the pools, hang out on your terrace, order drinks etc, while they sleep.
Some people have complained that there are too many kids at this resort, which again, I am baffled by when every review mentions families. Right next door is The Excellence, owned by the same people and adults only. People with children also want a nice holiday, we don't want to haul our kids back 20 minutes to the room or eat sub par food bc we have kids. My baby napped on the pool daybeds and kids were never loud enough to wake him, so really, how disruptful is that? Have another drink and enjoy yourself.
Thank you Beloved, for creating a wonderful FAMILY resort. None of us wanted to leave. We will be back again (and again!).

4 Thank KPPS
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you desire, peace and relaxation, hot sun and a bevy on the beach while your kids play in the sand this is the resort for you.

We went as a family of 4. Our kids are 6 and 3 and although our younger one wasn't able to partake in the kids club it really didn't matter. Our older one loved it and got wonderful one on one attention because this resort is small and not overcrowded at all. The staff is AMAZING. They were so nice and gentle and personable. Its very spacious, you will always get a beach chair or a place by the pool and if you can't find one - a staff member will bring up two chairs just for you.

The scenery is gorgeous. Its just not your typical all inclusive and that is what we LOVED about it. Its simple and classy and ridiculously clean.

The spa goes down as the best spa treatment for both my husband and I that we have ever had.

The staffs priority was its guests. We felt so taken care of. We feel very lucky to have had this trip as a family and we will absolutely be back.

Room Tip: We were ground floor pool front and it was awesome. The kids just walked out and swam in the morning...
3 Thank RinaldiFamily
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been home a week now and are still talking about how lucky we were to find The Beloved Hotel. All the staff were, without exception, friendly, professional, helpful and cheerful. Everywhere was immaculate and the food was delicious. The atmosphere was relaxed and calming.

We were fortunate to stay in a Beachfront Casita with wonderful views and really enjoyed breakfast on our balcony on a couple of occasions. I can only endorse what many have said; this is an amazing hotel where everyone does their very best to make your holiday fabulous. I hope we will return one day soon.

new york city
Reviewed February 16, 2013

After reading many glowing reviews of this place, I was hoping it lived up to expectations. I don't need to restate what has been said in the other reviews, except to say that this place is well worth it. The resorts (rooms, grounds, facilities) are five star. The service is exceptional. The food is the best you are going to get anything all inclusive, and for the most part was stellar. The resort is small, which I think is one of its most positive characteristics. Also, the beach is absolutely gorgeous (no seaweed as some previous reviews mentioned). All in all, excellent trip, fabulous and friendly staff, and five stars all around.

Room Tip: We had the most basic room and it was huge and overlooked the gorgeous pool area. You don't need...
1 Thank Lauren D
New York City
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We loved our stay here. The staff was AMAZING...everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful about everything. The property, food, amenities, etc. was fantastic from start to finish. The restaurants were particularly easy to navigate with a stroller. The spa was fantastic. Everything about the experience was top-notch and equally they did not fall short on a single dimension.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with it's own little pool, which we highly recommend if you have little kids...
1 Thank 280Randy280
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I could not have been more pleased with the Beloved and the staff! From the time the front door opened and we received our greeting to the morning we left. It was so amazing that we have decided to make this our yearly anniversary trip! The staff seem to truly love their job and the people they are serving.... Pablo, Emanuel, Eduardo, Jorge, and many more that I hope to see next February became more like friends and we always hoped to see them during our day because we knew they would make us smile!!!!! I just can't say enough positive about the resort and the staff... The Beloved is and will always be my home away from home! As in any business there is room for improvement; the operator could be more helpful and more friendly ;the evening events could be better and more of them. If I can make it until February 2013 I will return, if not it will be sooner!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#7 of 175 in Cancun

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!