Beloved Playa Mujeres
$550
$486
$475
Bookit.com
Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$420
Bookit.com
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$182
  • Pool
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
$249
  • Room Service
$36
TripAdvisor
4,151 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantstory casitabeachfront casitanatura barroom serviceaqua vivaocean view terracesushiboutique resortbeach conciergeswim up barseasons toursour honeymoon
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We loved our stay here. The staff was AMAZING...everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful about everything. The property, food, amenities, etc. was fantastic from start to finish. The restaurants were particularly easy to navigate with a stroller. The spa was fantastic. Everything about the experience was top-notch and equally they did not fall short on a single dimension.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with it's own little pool, which we highly recommend if you have little kids. It makes the whole day super easy and super fun.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 280Randy280
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I could not have been more pleased with the Beloved and the staff! From the time the front door opened and we received our greeting to the morning we left. It was so amazing that we have decided to make this our yearly anniversary trip! The staff seem to truly love their job and the people they are serving.... Pablo, Emanuel, Eduardo, Jorge, and many more that I hope to see next February became more like friends and we always hoped to see them during our day because we knew they would make us smile!!!!! I just can't say enough positive about the resort and the staff... The Beloved is and will always be my home away from home! As in any business there is room for improvement; the operator could be more helpful and more friendly ;the evening events could be better and more of them. If I can make it until February 2013 I will return, if not it will be sooner!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013

A fantastic all inclusive hotel. My first impression was that there was too much concrete for my liking and the hotel exterior was not very aesthetically pleasing. However, this is a matter of taste and my husband disagrees with me and liked the modern look.

The hotel inside and out was kept spotless, and the service we received was exceptional. Unfortunately, I realised on arrival that I had forgoten my prescription medicine so the concierge contacted firstly a doctor and then the pharmacy to arrange for replacements to be delivered to the hotel within a few hours. Thank you so much for this.

The Beloved actually markets itself as a family hotel and does not pretend to be a couples only resort. In fact the management explained to us that if people do not want to be around children then they are happy for them to move next door to their sister hotel and pay the difference in price.. The little ones, and it is mainly babies and toddlers, were not a problem to us. Unfortunately it is usually the adults that make the most noise.

Overall the food in all the restaurants was delicious but we partcularly the Lupita Restaurant. The breakfast in Aroma would set us up for the day and it is predominently menu based with a small mexican buffet. The Beloved omelette (goats cheese and smoked salmon) was my favourite..

Our rooms was huge and I have to agree with a previous comment about the bar in the room which was a bit too 70's. Also, if you are shy and it is your first holiday with a partner then the glass toilet door may also not be for you.

However, all in all, we had a fantastic holiday and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel anyone. In fact I already have. If we go back to Mexico then we would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Aprilcake
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful, relaxing experience. Noe at the Isla grill went above and beyond to make our dining experience one will we always remember. Jorge at the pool bar was just terrific. I cannot say enough how the staff was warm and friendly the entire 10 days we spent at the Beloved. Without exception my wife and I received a greeting from every staff member. If you are looking to get away from it all this is place to be. The mariachi band added a nice touch to the evening on the beach and they do take requests. My wife and I look forward to returning to the Beloved in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Junior suite with an ocean view and it was perectly fine for us.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Belived had some pros AND some cons so make sure you prioritize what's important to you before you book here.

Let me say to start that my wife and I travel extensively internationally and in the US, almost alway as 5 star properties or homes so that is my point of reference.

ROOMS - This is the saving grace. They are very spacious and nice. If you can afford it, I highly recommend a terrace room because they have their own sun deck, pool, and sun beds. Well with the upgrade. Great view and the pool has a water feature that is awesome to lay around and relax.

STAFF - overall, is good. Very polite and try hard. However, they are not empowered to go above the norm. We wanted a fruit & cheese plate one night and because it wasn't on the menu, it was very difficult for them to make it happen.

Also, we went on a bike trip one morning and it was a little short. We asked the guide if we could go around the loop again and he said he had to be with us. We asked him if he would go and be said no, that he had some things to do. Not what you would get at a place where service is everything.

FOOD - very average and I am not a food guy. There was only 1 restaurant that had consistently good food and it took us 2 days to figure the out. If you are a foodie, this is not the place for you.

KIDS - when I looked at the reviews on-line, even though it wasn't coupled only, it looked like that is what was mostly there. In our case, not true. There is a kids club, but they are never there. They are always at the main pool.

I have 4 kids so I have no inherent issue with them other than, when I am on vacation away from my kids, I don't want to be around someone else's.

Also, there is NO adults only area on property. Major oversigt. For a resort that, aesthetically, has everything if needs it doesn't seem to have a good grasp on what couples want vs families.

We spent most all our time on our terrace because we couldn't find an area to relax without kids around.

Overall it was an above average stay but not exceptional.

• Stayed: February 2013