Beloved Playa Mujeres
$550
$486
  • Breakfast included
Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$420
Bookit.com
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$146
  • Pool
$476
$428
$488
$439
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
$249
$229
$158
$20
  • Room Service
$37
TripAdvisor
4,141 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantstory casitabeachfront casitanatura barroom serviceaqua vivaocean view terracesushiboutique resortbeach conciergeswim up barseasons toursour honeymoon
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our stay at The Beloved hotel can't be described in words. You absolutely must experience to believe it. So much of this hotel was perfect that I will list my high points and suggestion for improvements. Although there is room for improvement rest assured we will be back. We are already planning our next trip and hope to bring family and friends to experience this amazing paradise with us.

Raves
1.) If you want impeccable service this is the place for you.Tipping the staff is not required but they treat you like royalty and are most appreciative for everything thing that you do.
2.) The room was decorated nicely and the grounds were beautiful.
3.) Drinks are made to suit if you like them strong just let them know.

Improvements
1.) The food was ok better than Apple Bee's but not gourmet.
2.) I would love to see the beach be cleaned daily.
3.) It would be wonderful if the Hotel had a shuttle. My cab fair was $85 dollars one way. I learned after talking to my bartender Guillermo that fair price was more around thirty dollars.

1  Thank Stallykn
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Beloved for the Christmas and New Years holiday in 2011 for our wedding anniversary.
PROS: The hotel is absolutely pristine, the room was fantastic and the food was excellent! I spent everyday lying on the beach reading, swimming in the pool or in the steam room at the spa. The spa was one of the most noteworthy features, ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!
CONS: The few things I didn't care for: 1- the fact that the service from the hotel staff varies greatly depending on how you tip. I personally don't want to think about money at all while on vacation which is why I prefer all inclusive properties however you get a bill for each service (even though it's all inclusive) and are expected to tip for every time you receive any type of service. In my opinion that takes away from the relaxation of the vacation, it makes me feel like I'm back at home paying bills and thinking about costs. It defeats the purpose of all inclusive. 2- there were not enough lounge chairs on the beach during this high traffic season which caused guests to leave belongings on beach chairs for hours while they were no where to be found so that when they were eventually ready to relax on the beach they had somewhere to sit. I found it unreasonable that for the cost the hotel didn't provide enough lounge chairs for everyone who wanted to sit on the beach to have an opportunity to do so.
One suggestion is that the resort at least needs an ADULT ONLY pool since it allows children to stay at the property. Although there weren't too many children and the ones they were there were relatively well behaved it would be a lot more appealing if the adults would have a pool to themselves. ALL in ALL I would return to this property because it was lovely and the SPA was the best I've experienced so far.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cre8moe
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was our first visit to Mexico and it was brilliant. The Beloved Hotel is the best we have ever been to and we would recommend it for a relaxing and luxurious holiday. The Beachfront Casista which we stayed in was beautiful. We choose a downstairs one and found we used the pool everyday. The luxury of these rooms cannot be faulted there is everything you could possibly want and if it isn't there just ask and it will appear. I would like to thank Juan Garcia, Executive Chef for the wonderful Italian meal he prepared for us in the Aroma it was excellent. Patriciq a big thank you - you are brilliant. You really do your job well. Yessenia what can I say you are a star and it was a pleasure to meet you. The jugs of coffee were really appreciated. Lastly Alfredo who never stops working making sure you have everything you need on the beach. All the staff are so good and go over and beyond their duties to make your stay as memorable as possible. We shall be returning next year to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary and I am sure it will be made as special as it possibly can be for us. Well done Beloved. Anne and Jeff Greenwood. Harold Wood Essex England.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne G
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel was amazing, I wrote the GM of the hotel a thank you note before even writing this review. We stayed here for our honeymoon for 5 days and everything was amazing. The food was excellent and everything was all inclusive even the mini bar "which had 4 full bottles of top shelf liquor".
They held up to everything i had thought it would be plus some! The hotel staff were amazing and everyone knew our names. The hotel lobby bartender Jorge was an amazing bartender, who my wife and I went to visit quite often, he even went out of his was to get me a type of beer i requested.
Amazing hotel and i cannot wait to come back!

Room Tip: The Private pool was amazing
1  Thank Reuben P
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I had never travelled to Cancun, Mexico before and were apprehensive – but our concerns were with finding the right resort, not based on safety of the Cancun area because many people at my work had travelled to Cancun and assured us it was a great place to vacation. We started our 5 day, four night trip on October 12th flying direct out of BWI. Cancun Airport was a bit daunting at first because as you exited there were a lot of people vying for your attention for taxis, shuttles and excursion bookings. Once we said we had a “pre-paid shuttle” they backed off and let us proceed without any bother. We prearranged our shuttle with Cancun Shuttle and were please with the private shuttle and service they provided.

The hotel we decided on was The Beloved Hotel in Playa Mujeres, which is on the coast above the Hotel Zone. We wanted an All-Inclusive, small, boutique type resort and found that this one met all our criteria. We had read all the reviews on TripAdvisor and any other reviews we could find to use in our selection process and The Beloved Hotel (formally the La Amada Hotel) ticked all our boxes.

From the moment we arrived we felt like royalty. A glass of sparkling wine and a ice cold face cloth were presented while we checked in which was quick and efficient. We arrived at 2:00 P.M. and knew that we wouldn’t go directly to the room (3:00 P.M. check in) and that was fine with us because we just wanted to eat and have a drink. We went to the Isla Grille and were amazed at the view as we had our first of many wonderful meals. After our late lunch we went back to the Lobby and they escorted us and our luggage to our Casita with plunge pool. The large room was magnificent – large king bed, marble floors, spa tub, huge marble shower with rain shower and sitting area and the terrace (on ground floor) with double sunbed, beautiful plunge pool and table and chairs.

Saturday morning we went to the Spa and had a couple’s massage and the Aqua Vida treatment (which is complementary with the massages). The massage was the best I ever had and the Aqua Vida circuit still makes me giggle. (I will not spoil it for you – but trust me – it was fun). The spa reminds me of the Guggenheim in New York. White and black are the theme colors and whoever designed it really made it fabulous. A very soothing three hours were spent and the staff was terrific.

The food at Aroma’s for breakfast was great. We had dinner at Lupida’s one night and loved it. Our favorite was Isla Grille for the great food and outstanding service. We did have a pizza from El Mar on the beach and enjoyed it. Also, the drinks were great and the staff was happy to make suggestions or concoct anything you wanted.

We rented a Cabana one day because my husband was working on an upcoming project and we loved it. The staff delivered sparkling wine, fruit tray and sprays for our comfort and was contently checking on us for drink orders.

This all sounds great – BUT there is more. We cannot say how wonderful the staff was at providing top notch service. Noe works at the Isla Grille and is one of the best wait staff we have EVER had at a restaurant. Abel, Susanna and Sebastian also made our trip the BEST. Even as we sadly checked out they gave us a snack (little corn breads) to take along to the airport.

If you want a peaceful vacation with a beautiful surrounding and remarkable service, please go to The Beloved Hotel. We cannot say enough!!!!!!!!

4  Thank Judy J