“Perfect, will go again”

Beloved Playa Mujeres
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My wife and my two kids (ages 3 and 1) loved it. Clean, incredible service, great food. Staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs.

Actually returning this Christmas for a few days. It is that good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,897)

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Just got back from a 4 night, 5 day stay at La Amada with my wife. It was a great trip, with great value (if you get the all inclusive plan to save your $$$).

Look of the resort - ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. Gorgeous white, almost mediterranean style buildings. Infinity pools, and a beautiful beach

Room : My TA Jennifer Doncsecz at VIP Vacations got us a rooftop suite with the biggest outdoor patio, two outdoor beds, and a giant plunge pool. It was on the top of the fourth floor main building, two bedrooms, full kitchen. So big, great value, LIVED LIKE KINGS.

Restaurants: Great selection and cuisine. The resort can make a great steak, authentic mexican cuisine, and the breakfast buffet isn't bad. There is a sushi bar that is open from 6-midnight that I highly recommend for a change of pace.

Bar service: A little slow, and you have to wait and sign for your drink after every tab (whether its one or forty). Bar tenders can be great, look for Alex or Alan, they were the best of all.

The only problem I have with the resort was the lack of people and/or activities. Now I am a very active guy, and enjoy some pool games every once in a while, but this was a very quiet, secluded resort. If you're going for something lively, this may not be the right place for you. Being a recently married man, it was incredible getting the quiet time with my wife where we could just relax and enjoy the sun/water/etc. But a FEW more daily activities to possibly mix up a quiet relaxing afternoon may have settled my taste buds a little more.

We did have a day excursion to Chichen Itza, and went diving in a sonote. I would definitely recommend an excursion like this - you get out, see a wonder of the world. It is a 2 hour drive back and forth, but it is well worth it.

On the way back from Chichen, we stopped at a hole in the wall restaurant, named La Tia. We asked our guides for somewhere the "locals" enjoy, and it was quite possibly the best meal we had the entire trip.

BRING MONEY FOR TIPS.

Any questions, let me know.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BarrySwathy
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Heaven on Earth is all i have to say........THE BEST play to stay in Playa Mujeres. You must book a Penthouse suite. It is worth every single penny! The food is sooo fresh and amazing....the Penthouse suite will leave you speechless...... :)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QueenBreeze
Reviewed August 28, 2011

After seeing the photos of La Amada and learning about their promotion to kick of the all inclusive option, my husband and I were extremely excited to go. We loved *almost* everything about the resort.

First, the room was the most beautiful and clean hotel room I have ever stayed in. The bathroom is immense and of very high quality. Other reviewers mentioned that the toilet area is not very private, but the door is frosted glass and the bathroom is far enough away from the rest of the room. From the walk in closet to the leather sofa, everything was well done. I cannot say enough about how much we loved the room. Some have complained about the bed, but my husband and I found it comfortable and we slept very well. The room also smells amazing. I wish I could have bought some sort of candle with that scent.

More positives - the restaurants were all very good. We've stayed at several all inclusives and the service and menu choices at La Amada were above average. We especially liked the posole at Aroma and the steak tacos at Isla Grill. Before dinner we usually went to Lupita Lounge which is very nicely decorated and relaxing. We wish there had been an actual bar area at the hotel though, as there was only a very small bar at Lupita Lounge and then the swim up bar.

That brings me to the only real negative, which I suppose wouldn't be a negative for other people. My husband and I are teachers and prefer to get away from kids when we're on vacation, and there happened to be a lot of families at this hotel. I understand that it is not adults only, but I don't understand why people would want to bring kids to such a high end hotel. It doesn't seem really kid friendly to me. It bothered us that there were lots of kids in the pool where the swim up bar was, so it wasn't exactly relaxing to have a drink in the pool with kids splashing you. The jacuzzi in that pool was also often full of children.

However, we still really enjoyed our stay at La Amada. We were pleased that we didn't have to fight for chairs on the beach and that there were waiters who came around (even if it took a while). Every single member of the staff greeted us and everyone was extremely friendly and seemed genuine. I'm not sure if we would go back, but we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Felt like we were somewhere in the Mediterranean rather than Mexico.The rooms are absolutely beautiful and huge . We thought the beds and the pillows were comfortable, but sheets and towels and sheets could have been a little softer, but it was certainly not an issue given the quality of everything else. The food was excellent. The beach was wonderful. The entire staff was friendly, kind and helpful. The spa was amazing.

The children's play area looked like lots of fun, but my only suggestion is--if they plan on staying a family friendly hotel, they might want to consider having some kind of children's program. This place is total relaxation and although all kids there were well behaved, it seemed that the parents really didn't get to enjoy that aspect to the fullest.

We will definitely be returning to La Amada! This is our new favorite place!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank hope2156
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Everything about our stay at the La Amada was wonderful. The resort was beautiful and very clean. The food was excellent and the service outstanding. We have been to several resorts, both all inclusive and not, and this is by far our favorite. We stayed in a beach front Casita with a private pool and roof top deck. It was an amazing room!! This resort is actually better than the pictures, and we highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy K
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We spent our honeymoon here in July. It was amazing. The property, staff, amenities and SPA are all top notch!!! This resort is definitely for the more laid back couple. No clubs no loud music. Just beautiful scenery, delicious food and an experience you will never forget. Splurge for the two-story casita. The private plunge pool on the 3rd deck will take your breath away. The spa is immaculate! The hour long agua viva treatment before your spa service is AMAZING! Los Novios couples treatment is highly recommended! Truly the most romantic place I've ever been. Thank you La Amada and your staff for making our honeymoon truly a week in paradise!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 177 in Cancun
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!