“Simple ,Clean”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Malvan
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Simple ,Clean”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was our last hotel in our MALVAN TOUR.We had chosen this hotel as it was nearer to Kudal Rly station for our onward journey back to Mumbai.The hotel is at a good place ,accessible to attraction like Chivala beach,Sindhudurg fort & market.The rooms are simple but clean & spacious.The staff is polite & helpful.They arranged for transport to Kudal Rly Stn very efficiently & also managed to give us a late Check-out.The Chivala beach is stone throw away from the beach & you will love it.We enjoyed the breakfast which was very simple but tasty. Overrall its value for money hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank VIKKYJAVEED

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was planning to visit Tarkarli, as I took the the decision quite late I was not getting any accommodation in MTDC so was seraching for a good hotel. My parents were also with me who are senior citizens so I required a decent place to stay. After looking a lot positive reviews, I decided to book this hotel. They have a website where you can get all the details. I called up the hotel initially and finally booked online. Honestly, it is a very good experience. The hotel is just 2 minute walk from the beach and the beach is fantastic. Though it is a small stretch, but still it is very neat and clean. The hotel staffs , Deepak, Sameer, Vishal, Gobind and I don't remember few names are very friendly and extremely helpful. I required hot milk/water for my kid and hey arranged for it. The restaurant is also good, but you need to order early. The price is also good. I tried quite a few fishes and they were really tasty. nly thing I would say mineral water is sloghtly expensive compared to market price. I also tried Malvani style food there, I really liked Malvani style cauliflower & potato mixed. The rooms are really good and the toilets are also quite big and clean. The hotel staffs arranged cabs for me for station pickup and drop. Also, they arranged cab for traveeling to Vijaydurg, Kunkeshwar temple. The rates are not that high, I will say decent. Overall, I am very satisfied with the stay, service. I definitely recommend others to stay here.

Room Tip: A/C & Non A/C room quality is same.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ssniladri
bombay
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went there with a family for New Years!

The Good:
The place is not too far from Tarkarli. The drive to the market is short and there's a fantastic walk from there to an amazing Ganpati temple via quiet village streets fringed with century old, very ethnic homes. Try this in the evening and before the aarti (about 7:30pm). The hotel reception was very nice, staff was very friendly and even got us a set of bottles from the market at 10:30pm in the night to help ring in the new year. Not only that they gave us the glasses and the bottle openers. very nice touch. They have a small garden with hammocks and its really peaceful resting there. We had booked the large 3 bedded room and it was massive and very clean.

The Bad:
The only off tune thing here is the restaurant which serves below average fare but is clean. However, close by there are some fantastic malvani food restaurants so do take a drive or a walk there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank saurav10
shubhamzantye, Owner at Hotel Chivala Beach, responded to this review, January 7, 2017
Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Team Zantye Hotels
Mumbai
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The hotel was clean and rooms are much better as compared to MTDC Tarkarli resort. There is a lot of electricity outage in this area and the generator here helps. They have a small inhouse restaurant and you have to provide orders atleast half an hour in advance, but the food here, Kaju Ussal, Wade, Beans, Malvani Dal, Poha and everything else that we orderd was tasty. Restaurant staff was very helpful and always cheerful.

Chivala Beach is just 500 meters walk and is small, safe and good for a couple of dips, although its not as good as Tarkarli or Ganpatipule beach, especially since its just a small strech.

Had two disappointment at the hotel:-
1. Their railway station pick-up and drop cahrges are outrageous, I was quoted Rs. 2800 for a station drop, where as from a tour operator near the market I got it for Rs. 900 only, ridiculous.
2. Since we were 3 persons I was made to book a Deluxe A/C room instead of a standard one with Rs.300 extra for the extra person, a mattress was provied, but my issue is there is no difference between standard and deluxe rooms? I was also informed that there is one super deluxe room with 3 beds, I asked for a free upgrade and smae was blatantly turned down even when that room was free. A customer centric hotel would have done this without sweat as we have got FOC upgrades almosty at all hotels we have visited.

Over all it was an OK stay but taking into consideration above issues I would not choose Chivla Beach Hotel for my next visit to Malvan, hands down MTDC tarkarli is a better choice.

Room Tip: Choose satndard rooms, they are no different from Deluxe, why pay extra
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kalpeshp
Nagpur
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Location is good, just 200 meters from the beach. Good room sizes, clean and cool. We could only had tea/coffee and some 'POHE' and 'PAKODA'. Staff seems to be not at all interested in providing any service to the tourists. Very lazy and lethargic. Nobody even asked whether anybody needs anything and when asked for regular food, they said...we will let you know after half an hour. I was not even handed over the final bill at checkout (coz...printer was not working...hah....)

One can only stay here, if there is no vacancy at any other hotel / home-stay.

Room Tip: Prefer 1st floor rooms, as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AnandApte
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had been to this place after reading many positive responses and i wasnt dissapointed at all.
Its located at a 1 min walk frm the beach.The outer look,lobby,restaurant all look gud. We took two 3 bed rooms a/c for 8 people. The Rooms are quite big and spacious and offer split a/c with lcd tv.
The room service is quick n all people there are polite and helpful. Its quite economical as well.
The restaurant has only 2 cooks and hence u have to order food quite prior. Nonveg dishes were well made and tasty , but Veg ones cud have been better. Overall its a amazing experience staying here. They also arrange for cars on rent. I wud definitely visit it again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Nishad L
abhijito007, Owner at Hotel Chivala Beach, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Corporate Office of Zantye Hotels

We seriously appreciate your patience in sharing your experience at Zantye Hotels and bringing the details to our notice.

We at Zantye Hotels are constantly seeking to work towards enhancing guest experiences and every feedback is important for us.

We do understand that an apology would not suffice at the moment and unfortunately we cannot bring back the valuable time lost. However we have made a note of every detail and shall conduct an immediate investigation on the same.

Service have been the Key area of your feedback and it holds immense importance for us as it is one of the integral areas that we promise to deliver at all times.

We apologize for this kind of experience and look forward to re-gain your trust and confidence in Zantye Hotels

If given a chance we shall ensure we would not let you down henceforth and make every experience, a memorable one.

Warm Regards,
Zantye Hotels Team
Thane, Maharashtra
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel is hardly 2 minute walk from Chivala Beach. It was pleasant stay here. They had power back up which ensured power failures on Mondays (understand from staff, powercut on every Monday). Hotel is very clean & neat.

Only worry here is food service found to be very slow. You need to order minimum 30-40 minutes before you get order on your table. Food quality found good. They charge you 20% additional service charges for delivering food in your room. Even Mineral water which cost you at Rs.18 in market, it costs you Rs.24 when delivered in your room.

Various food options available in walking distance from this Hotel like Bambu, Swami & Laukik. And Naivedya for Vegetarians.

Staff here very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Championofchampion
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Corporate Office of Zantye Hotels

Warm Regards,
Zantye Hotels Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvan
Hotel Sagar Kinara Malvan
#1 of 1 in Kudal
Sun 'n' Sand Holiday Home
Coastal Galaxy Wooden Homes Devbag
Exotic Home Stay - Malvan

Been to Hotel Chivala Beach? Share your experiences!