“From a Place to Lay Your Head, to a Base of Operations, No 12 has it all!”
Review of 12 Morton Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gainsborough
12 Morton Terrace
Ranked #1 of 8 Gainsborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was only staying for the 1 night between 2 days of site work. Even this was enough to make me want to move in!

Gracious hosts, clean rooms, complimentary tea, coffee, wine, chocolates and free (and very fast) WIFI. Off-road, CCTV covered parking. Everything is taken care of, nothing is too much trouble and if I don't mention the cakes, there might be some left when I go back!

P.S. The breakfast is worth the visit alone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alex N

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in March. The House itself is a large Regency home, beautifully decorated. Jane the host was so welcoming and friendly you could almost forget to pay, as you feel so at home. She takes her business seriously though as she goes the extra mile to make sure that every aspect of your stay is exceptional, a great cook the food was great. The home made cakes are lovely, we were visiting family and Jane gave me a tin of cup-cakes to take home. Everything about the place was thoughtful and Jane gives a lot of attention to detail. Would definitely stay again and recommend

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leisha H
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I spent a few nights here back in February whilst working away from home.

The whole place is immaculately clean and well kept. My room was very spacious, comfortable and quiet. The hosts, Jane and Martin, were very friendly and really made me feel welcome and at home.

Little extras like the well-stocked 'tea tray' in the room, free wifi and Jane's excellent homemade cakes really set a very high standard.

I've already recommended 12 Morton Terrace to my work colleagues and friends, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here next time I'm in Gainsborough.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RockyOB
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Number 12 for three nights over Easter, whilst visiting both sets of families in the surrounding areas.
I always check TripAdvisor, but I can personally confirm that it certainly lives up to the 5stars it holds.
1. It is immaculately clean and well cared for.
2. It is spacious and cosy at the same time.
3. The owners look after you so incredibly well, without imposing on your personal time/space.
4. The breakfast was better than some '5star international' hotels I have stayed at.
5. Personal touches made you feel considered and taken care of.
6. Jane(owner) bakes daily and sends you on your way with yummy homebaked goodies!

If you are in two minds about picking here or elsewhere.... you can hold me personally responsible if you don't adore staying here! Enjoy!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FaithAveryFox
Reviewed February 22, 2013

What a lovelly guest house to stop over in if you are ever in Gainsborough ! A family party brought us to this part of Lincolnshire and after checking with trip advisor we booked a night at Morton Terrace. My wife and I were made to feel really welcome by Jane and Martin. A beautiful house and a elegantly decorated bedroom. A quality breakfast, both full english and continental was served in the morning after a peaceful nights sleep. Little touches like complimentary home made cakes made it special. One low point was the ensuite shower, either extremely hot or freezing cold but this would certainly not put us off booking agian whenever we are next in Gainsborough.Well done Jane and Martin, keep up the good work !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Basitraveller
Reviewed January 5, 2013

What can we say, we came as strangers and left as friends!! Jane and Martin outdid themselves, our stay was so much more than we'd anticipated.
We stayed with them in September for about 10 days when we went to Gainsborough to visit relatives. Having never been to the UK before we didn't know what to expect and we are pleased to say that they have set a very high standard when it comes to B&B's, surpassing any other B&B we have ever stayed in....Jane seemed to always anticipate our needs~needless to say, we were pampered and treated royally!

Jane's cooking and baking were amazing, and all the extra little touches were so appreciated. Their home was beautiful and the bedroom we stayed in was so comfortable....we were a little worried how we would sleep away from home but we slept so soundly, the bed was so comfy and the standard of cleanliness was very high. We were able to relax in the tranquility of their garden as well.
The location was perfect for us...within walking distance to both my relatives and shopping and markets.
The way they made us feel so at home and created an atmosphere of welcome made our stay wonderful. We fell in love with the UK!
We would very highly recommend this B&B~a home away from home.
It was a rich, memorable experience that we will not soon forget....we can't wait to go back

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank iceroadtrucker1
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We booked to stay at no 12 to celebrate our wedding day after it was recommended by a friend of a friend and we were certainly not disappointed! It was beyond our expectations. Jane was so welcoming and could not do enough for us. Excellent food and hospitality, champagne, chocolates and muffins were in our room on arrival. Perfect end to our perfect day!

• Stayed: September 2012