“Usual excellent standard”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chaguaramas
Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chaguaramas
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Been here 3 times.Lovely time each visit. Rooms recently upgraded. Food at light house ok could be better.weekends allows a free upgrade to American breakfast. If you work it out it is better value to choose from menu to the same cash value and receive three times more for breakfast! Sunday free upgrade to big! buffet breakfast definitely worth it.. Lovely pool lovely staff. Very good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrellisTrinidad
There are newer reviews for Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre

Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. We're locals so we were able to get a room-tour before booking and were very impressed with the rooms. The service was really good and they even accommodated us after hours but only after we begged for a bit.

We stayed in the deluxe room which was about $900 per night. For that price you get a king-sized bed, cable tv and kitchenette. The bathroom is large with a private toilet, but best of all was the huge 2-person jacuzzi tub (we couldn't get the jets to work so I don't know if they were working or not, but we didn't bother to try figuring it out - it was really nice regardless). We only stayed one night but we used the tub alot! Next time I go back I'm taking bubble-bath! :)

For the deluxe price an American breakfast was included. With the standard rooms we would only get a continental breakfast. However as we stayed Saturday night into Sunday we were able to take advantage of the buffet breakfast they serve every Sunday morning. I loved the breakfast - they had everything from mini-bakes to black pudding, fruit to hot made-to-order omelettes. The only thing missing was pancakes/ waffles sadly and only one glass of orange juice for free, so drink sparingly. Tea/ coffee is unlimited though.

We also ate at the restaurant on Saturday night. It was pretty pricey and they took over 45mins just to take our order, though they did apologise with the reason being they had a very large party just ahead of us. They gave us complimentary glasses of wine for the wait as well which I thought was nice. The food was very good though I thought the choices of sides was a bit limited. Also if you can, try to get a table near around the balcony to enjoy the sea-breezes. The restaurant is open-air but the tables on the inside can get a bit stuffy. We probably should have made reservations.

Overall I would love staying there again. It was really great experience!

Room Tip: Get the deluxe room - not that much more
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Trinis_on_holiday
Reviewed April 2, 2011

PROS: Affordably priced, superb pierside location which provides a romantic setting at night for a nice chat with spouse/friend or calming view during the day. Alotta yachts are docked nearby. The executive room is very spacious with a large balcony. Kitchenette available; great for families. The availability of a supermarket on the compound really helps since the hotel is located in a remote location which is excellent for relaxation.

CONS:
Room had a musty smell upon entry.
Bathroom tiles not very clean.
Balcony very dusty, tables, chairs and the lounge chair
Drapery dirty.
Pool not functional. This is not a one time problem since other reviewers at different times had no access to the pool because iof similar reasons.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Spent my birthday weekend. I enjoyed it to the max!!!!!! I was very impressed with the service both at the hotel as well as the resturant. The view from the balcony both day and night was excellent and breath taking. The only flaw I had was the musky/dusty scent in the room, for someone with asthma it was difficult, otherwise everthing else was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank WambuiWamboi
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Trinidad and Tobago is known for lack of customer service at hotels. Its usually non-existent but in this case, Crews Inn was an exception to the rule. Staff were friendly and helpful and even though those are basic requirements, I have to give credit to the few that display those qualities.
Additionally, the location is beautiful, the rooms comfortable and clean and the food ( breakfast buffet) was good. Overall my partner and I had an enjoyable and memorable stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alana2010
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Spent 2 nights here. Nice n Quiet and Clean too. The food was ok. Nice to see the yachts at night.
Getting there is straightforward too.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I booked a one night stay for my husband's birthday and was pleasantly suprised at how nice this hotel was.

The deluxe room had a kitchenette, king size bed, jacuzzi bathtub with a seperate shower. The view from the balcony was amazing and the sunsets spectacular. The pool was great, my young daughter thoroughly enjoyed both the pool and bathtub.

I agree with another reviewer though, the floors were dirty. You could not walk barefooted at all. The telephone in the room was not working either, so whenever I had to call the front desk, I had to use my mobile phone. The staff at the hotel was quite pleasant however the wait staff at the Lighthouse were horrible. They ALL need some customer service training.

I would stay at this hotel again however I would not waste my money at the Lighthouse and their disagreeable wait staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Shazanna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaguaramas
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain
Kapok Hotel
Kapok Hotel
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre? Share your experiences!