“Brilliant Sleep”

Garden View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Rolleston B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Was in Christchurch for one night with my 7 year old daughter, We are not big city people and used Trip Advisor to search for accomodation. Really happy to have found the Garden View B&B. Wonderful Hosts and brilliant Breakfast and wonderful pillows. My daughter now wants me to buy some goose,duck down pillows. A great big thank you and we will be back

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our family accidentally came across Garden View late one evening with a tired 6 month old baby and an exhausted impatient 5 year old daughter! We could not have received a better reception. Both John and Beth are extremely welcoming and immediately made you feel comfortable. Beth went above and beyond of what I'd expect from a good B&B and it was such a treat to stay with them. John shared some very interesting stories with us, which added a very warm, personal touch to our stay. The standard of accommodation varies so much in NZ especially when you're on a road trip for 3 weeks that it was refreshing to find such a high standard. I would recommend this place to everyone and I'll definitely be back when on business in Christchurch.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

6 of us stayed at Garden View for our last night of a New Zealand holiday. What a treat! For a short time we all felt like family members. Beth and John are wonderful hosts and nothing was too much trouble. They are a fund of knowledge about their lovely country and the home is filled with music and the garden with flowers. A definite destination for our next trip to the South island.
UK and Ozz travellers

1  Thank RichardHill1900
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have stayed at Beth & John's Garden View B&B on three occasions, and we've always enjoyed our stay and time with them. The B&B is well appointed and the rooms are spacious. Beth & John are great hosts, willing to share stories and provide information about not just the area but all of NZ. It's home away from home for us and we'll return again in the new future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Beth and John made my stay here just like staying with family. Nothing was too much trouble. From the hosts getting up early to cook a breakfast when I had an early start, to John teaching me one of his recipes using fresh produce grown in his garden. I cannot recommend highly enough and will gladly return next time I am on business in Christchurch. Thanks for a relaxing welcoming stay.

Room Tip: A good 30 mins from the city center so not right in the midst of it all but very relaxing and close...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

It was lovely to arrive to such welcoming hosts and the gardens were beautiful. I should have wrote my review sooner...the beds were comfortable, the room tastefully decorated and the whole experience positive. I will recommend to anyone not wanting to stay right in Christchurch. It is easy to find and very relaxing.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Mom never took such good care of me. Don't get me wrong, I love Mom but Beth and John were the most gracious, curtious and heart warming host you could ever ask for. From the cook to order breakfasts to the second to none hospitality I looked forward to returning each day during my week stay. You will never want to leave ... Thanks John and Beth. I feel like I have new life-long friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolleston
Lincoln Motel
#3 of 5 in Rolleston
StoneHill Bed & Breakfast
StoneHill Bed & Breakfast
#4 of 5 in Rolleston

Been to Garden View Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!