We were celebrating a birthday and we choose to go North for a relaxing weekend. Pretty River Valley Country Inn (PRVCI) was recommended to us.
We chose the Sheer Indulgance package and we were not dissapointed. The Inn was lovely and nestled in a quiet peak of the valley. The views were incredibly peaceful and sounds of the birds and their animals was calming and soothing.
Breakfast at the Inn is something to experience! If you have an chance to taste the French Toast (Pain Perdu) DO NOT skip it! The homemade maple syrup is divine! However, the homemade bread....knowing this was going to be in the basket made you skip over for breakfast! I won't mention the pastries, the freshness in the eggs, bacon, sausages and veggies as my mouth is already watering and to drool at work may not be truly appreciated!
The rooms were very clean and warming. The fireplace always ready to be lit! Given this, we only needed a match as the wood was set up perfectly! We missed a dip in the Salt Water Pool however the view... seriously a great place for an evening swim to watch the sunset!
It was so very quiet! Even with the Reindeer, Roosters, Dogs and Horses. Friendly animals that wanted to meet and greet you! Angus is my favorite, and Gandolf too!
The only issue is with Collingwood - the signage for the area is in dire need of some "vacationer proof" directions and to promote it's hidden gems! We visited the Georgian Hills Winery and it is LOVELY. There should be more signage to promote the winery and the unique experience! The Wines were great, TRY Perry!!! and the Staff were very informative and sweet!
The Scandanive Spa is always a treasure. In this instance we perhaps should have chosen a different time in the day but it was relaxing nonetheless! The Steamroom is simply the best! So hot and so quiet!
All in all, a place I will take my husband to see in the fall/winter to watch the leaves and hopefully go for a sleigh ride. Maybe I can convince the dogs to hop in too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn, one of Ontario's Finest Inns, Spas & Hotels is perched on 125 acres on the Niagara Escarpment (UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve) overlooking 3,050 acres of Provincial Park, 15 minutes to Collingwood and the Blue Mountains, minutes away from skiing, hiking, biking and Scandinave Spa. All 11 accommodations have wood burning fireplaces, full bathrooms, fridges, Queen or King Tempur-Pedic sleep systems and many have double Jacuzis (not in bathrooms). Hot tubs, salt water swimming pool( and exercise room await! The inn is home to reindeer, horses, chickens, guinea fowl, bees and Angus & Mac (official canine greeters). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Pretty River Valley Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pretty River Valley Country Hotel Ontario
- Country Inn Collingwood
- Collingwood Country Inn
- Pretty River Valley Country Inn Ontario/Nottawa, Canada