“A little peice of paradise!!!!!!!”

Pretty River Valley Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Nottawa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Penetanguishene, Canada
“A little peice of paradise!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

A girls getaway weekend...............all I can say is WOW.......
This is a fantastic place,,,,,,,,,beautiful grounds.......wonderfully friendly hosts....
Fantastic food.......the crofts were very unique and comfortable...........a perfect place to relax and have fun with the girls.............already planning the next visit..........
You MUST try this place............the scenery is out of this world.............can't wait for the next getaway...........

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lsoper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

My boyfriend and I spent a night at Pretty River Valley Inn during heavy rains but it did not affect how much I loved the time spent here. We stayed at the suite which was right next to the main building, it had a fireplace and a jacuzzi which was really useful after our attempts to walk in the cold rain. The location was secluded and scenic, the owners run a farm with horses, hens, reindeer, guinea fowl, and they make their own maple syrup! The staff there were extremely friendly. Good, filling breakfast!!
You can tell that these owners really enjoy what they do and that's why the place is well operated, I feel like in turn that totally benefits the guests. Great short getaway but I would have loved to stay for another night!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

This is a lovely country inn/B&B in a gorgeous location on the Pretty River Valley. My friend and I stayed three nights, in a comfortable room with ?king/queen size bed, wood burning fireplace that was laid for us each day, a bottle of bubbly on arrival, a mini-fridge that had some supplies already for us, a TV with DVD and private bathroom. We were greeted warmly, and offered home made cookies and hot cider or tea. We were loaned (no extra charge) snowshoes each day, and soaked in the hot tub each afternoon/evening, looking out a large window! The breakfast each day was excellent, again, served by pleasant workers (WWOOFers for those in the know!) who answered questions for us, or found out answers about local trails we didn't know about. I was welcomed to use the 'Great Room' on the final morning when my friend wanted to snow shoe one more time, but I wanted to rest. This room has comfortable couches and a TV, with a stack of DVD's and piles of board games for those inclined to use. The personal service extended to our host, Paul, trying to fix the DVD player in our room when it stopped working one evening, and replacing it when it couldn't be fixed. And, remarkably, bringing an item I forgot in the room, to my mother's place on a trip to the city he already had scheduled. I couldn't recommend this spot more highly....it is a delight! Oh yes, I forgot about the reindeer and horses!!! Check it out!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank susan_wortman
Burlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

Thanks to the gracious hosts, Paul & Linda, for another memorable stay! We stayed in a croft for the first time, after several stays in the studios and a suite. Honestly, we were blown away by the quality of the RobRoy Croft. Not surprising, as we always look forward to going back for the warm hospitality, delicious breakfast and the charming atmosphere.

Burlington, Ontario

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank MarleyBurlington
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

It's hard to find a hotel or inn with a jacuzzi or wood burning fireplace in the room. This place had both and that is exactly what I was looking for. We also got passes to the Scandinave Spa in Collingwood as part of our package.
I booked two nights here with the specific purpose of proposing to my girlfriend. I couldn't think of a better place to have done it. It was a romantic, relaxing and beautiful location. The owners were very helpful and directed us to many local attractions and restaurants. The breakfasts were incredible! I've never had a breakfast this good at any kind of inn or hotel. As with many other guests, we used the complimentary snoe shoes to explore the property, visit with the property's horses and caribou and generally just enjoy the beautiful location.
Overall we had an amazing time and would definitely go back and recommend this to anyone.

1 Thank jleasa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

Stayed for new years eve weekend. Had a great room with our own fireplace and fantastic beds! We spent some time snowshoeing on the property which was lots of fun, and Linda directed us to a beautiful stream.
Close enough to get there easily from Toronto but far and secluded enough to escape. We still had great access to Collingwood and the Spa as well as to Creemore.
The service was great and very friendly! We will definitely come back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

My wife and I were googling for a suite with jacuzzi and wood burning fireplace in vicinity of Blue Mountain and came across this property. We arrived there on Sunday night after a day of cross-country skiing at Hardwood Hills. The place looked very charming, the suite was as described on the web. We woke up in the morning to a beautiful view of the valley and of Blue mountain lit by a morning sun. An additional bonus was seeing the reindeers and Icelandic horses kept on property. Owners Linda and Paul seem very nice and friendly, it was a pleasure talking to them.
I guess we liked it so much that unconsciously didn't want to leave, so we forgot to return room keys on our way out... had to come back and return the keys when driving back home from Blue mountain :-)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nottawa
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
#3 of 11 in Collingwood
Living Water Resort
Living Water Resort
#2 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Pretty River Valley Country Inn? Share your experiences!