“Trip to pattaya”

Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Bang Lamung
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Trip to pattaya”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

The hotel has fairly large rooms .the Indian food is also good .however the staff was very adamant when one of the tourist with us was checking out ,The hotel staff claimed that one pillow cover had stains caused by him. Because of this our trip was delayed by 1hr when we were to leave for Bangkok .the tour operator paid from her pocket to ensure that we could leave the hotel .

While I agree that there are tourist who damage hotel property ,the. Hotel staff should not hold a person just for a such a small matter. I think it was the past experience with some Indian tourist which made them think so

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheth72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I'll start but pointing out the only positive I have to say about this establishment which was the location - it's quite convientiantly close to the main nightlife and attractions with the hotel being a short 7 minute walk (2 blocks away) to walking street and the beach.

I am a frequent traveller to Sea East Asia and I have to say that this hotel experience has been by far my worst to date. The rooms were filthy and run down, the service was from poor to non existant and if you are not of Indian backround, expect to be ignored as this hotel is specifically catered for Indians. The channels on TV consist of only Indian and Thai channels - back luck if you speak English. The chance to sleep in and have a lazy morning is impossible as you have the room service staff yelling at one another from opposite ends of the hallway and the phone ringing at all hours of the early morning with the majority of times, it not being answered and it ringing out.

The shower barey ever worked to a capacity where you could have a normal shower with sufficent water pressure and when it did in short spouts, it was only cold water. The food in the resturant only catered for Indian Vegitarians and when I was forced to dine there due to street floods disabling me to leave the hotel, I found myself forcing the worst meal I have ever had down my throat.

It's a pity that I have to rate this a minmum of one star as if I had it my way, I would have rated it a big fat ZERO. My advise to anyone considering staying here is avoid at all costs - look elsewhere!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank FrankieS82

Travelers are raving about these Bang Lamung hotels

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Staying at Sun City for 5 nights in October 2013, I can say of the 15 or so hotels I have stayed in Thailand previously this was by far my worst experience.

The rooms were average at best, water stains on the walls, dust and random hairs (I don't have any so not mine) meaning the rooms were not cleaned properly before I even turned up and for the remainder of my stay.

Showers were cold water only most of the time and that was when you could get them to work properly.

Cleaners started work around 7am and would yell to each other up and down the hall so most days was unable to enjoy a sleep in.

I then ventured down to the breakfast included in my room price and it was by far and away the worst breakfast buffet I have ever experienced, I managed to eat about one tenth of a cold freid egg and had to leave - the staff at the breakfast buffet were not at all helpful and being the ONLY customer in there in a room that seats 50+, the 3 staff could have at least made an effort to at least seat me. Luckily there are a couple of cafe's in walking distance which I then went and paid for my breakfast each day.

Due to flooding in the street in front of the hotel we were confined to the hotel for one of the five nights and were forced to eat a meal in the restauarant. I stupidly ordered a Thai meal in a hotel in Thailand which was almost inedible - the restraunt caters for Indian vegetarians but if you are not an Indian vegetarian you are best advised to steer well clear of this restaurant.

When stuck in my room due to flooding and being an english or french speaker the TV choices were inadequate, due to my inability to speak an Indian dialect and my Thai being limited at best I was left staring at the ceiling waiting for the flooding in the street to subside.

Reception staff were accomodating and polite but the general staff outside reception were quite aloof and at times rude.

I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone based on my experience - even if it were for free.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Navi Mumbai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

The only plus is hotel has close proximity to walking street and pattayas boat hub from where u can travel to Coral island easily. overall the food quality is good over here . The wi-fi doesnt work properly in the hotel on top floors and lift also takes too much time so u may have to take stares sometimes.

Room Tip: Choose a room which is on the first or second floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

first time in Thailand and stayed in this nice hotel. the place has a great location and friendly for first timers like me. The rooms may have basic items but comfortable and clean. the rate are in great value for their services and rooms. Staff are friendly for our inquiries especially giving us instructions for the different attractions in Pattaya.

thank you for making our Thailand stay memorable.

Room Tip: they now have online rates to book immediately. better price in their website. good value for the ro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

The place is conveniently located. Walking distance to the beach.
We chose this place since we are strictly Jain and this place has a vegetarian restaurant and also understands what Jain food means. So this was the best place to stay in Pattaya.
However, Pattaya overall is not worth it at all. Try Goa instead.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Such a bad experience spoil my all trip bad room nd bed the food quality is soo poor the main thing is all staff are theif i put my cash in locker and i go for mall after i came my locker is open and my all money is gone i complaint 4 this to the owner of hotel nd he is such a bad person even i have no words for him i have never seen this type of man in my whole life.. So plz never go 4 this hotel go for nova platinum just near to this hotel it gud... Plz a big NOOOOO For SUN CITY

• Stayed July 2013
#343 of 442 in Pattaya
Bella Express
Bella Express
#131 of 442 in Pattaya

Been to Sun City Pattaya? Share your experiences!