“Excellent Family Holiday”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Bang Lamung
scotland
“Excellent Family Holiday”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at Serene Sands ove New year 2012.
Exvellent Location with really friendly staff with excellent service. We invited in some friends and the hotel prepared a fantastic BBQ for us.

I will certialy be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at serene sands. It is a perfect location as it is just outside of the busy centre but close enough to enjoy a great balance between relaxing at the hotel and the hustle and bustle of the city centre- the best of both worlds.
The staff were amazing, incredibly friendly and helpful, I have never stayed in a hotel before that felt quite so homely it was a million times better than any normal hotel because everyone was so nice.
The hotel couldn't be more lovely- the photos on here just don't do it justice. You need to see it to believe it!
I know there is a comment about internet but I never had one problem with connection, in fact it was so good I could sit next to the pool sunbathing while on skype showing everyone back home what they were missing.

Beautiful place, amazing people and overall simply amazing trip- I am already thinking about going back and I am only back a week

If I could give more than five stars for this hotel I would!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ClareC144
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I initially booked to come and stay at Serene Sands for 2 weeks and ended up staying a month. The staff are lovely in this boutique health resort on the water and there is a certain calm ambience which was certainly what I was after.

It is a nice distance away from the hustle and bustle of Pattaya and I would certainly recommend starting each day with a session of Tai Chi in the tranquil setting by the pool.

Overall a very enjoyable vacation with the personal touch that a smaller resort like this can offer. Well appointed rooms, friendly staff, great food and a relaxed atmosphere.

Will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The owners have gone out of their way to beautify this place and to make it more attractive with some individual touches !
However,the description of the hotel could be misleading for the following reasons:
1- To describe the hotel as a 4 stars "health resort" is not accurate and lead to disapointment.
2-the internet service is extremely poor(never managed to get more than 5 minutes before losing connection)
3-The TV satellite offer you 200 chanels in your rooms,but they are mostly "unusual" ie kurdish/cuban/somali/saudi/iraqi.There is a Russian chanel that broadcast in English,for those searching for an English channel!
4-the breakfast standard is by far the poorest we had in Thailand(we stayed in 6 hotels so far)
5- You cannot swim in the sea as it is dirty and we found lots of small dead fish.

In conclusion,this place could still appeal to some people,but i think that to present it as a 4 stars is at best misleading

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nabilkazemi
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I booked a couple weeks here at Serene Sands. Little did I know that the place was so beautiful, the staff so friendly (I could tell we were not relatives, because of the different accents, but I sure got treated like family) and the location so peaceful that I would end up extending my stay over and over until I was there for five months!

The saltwater pool is so relaxing, the water is not annoying to my eyes, the deep azure tiles soak up the sun and heat it naturally, which heat it keeps well into the night, the free mini-gym was equipped for the exercises I felt like doing on holidays, and the food, of course, was out of this world. I have never stayed in a nicer place. Even when full, it was fun, quiet, and peaceful. Maybe the large amounts of well-tended plants in the gardens absorb sound, who knows? The other guests were interesting and fun to hang out with, too, though they love golf much more than I do! Brian, Jimmy, and Ian, along with all the Thai staff made the place feel like a home, if only I had ever stayed in a home where the people were that friendly. It wasn’t some thin veneer they put on while tolerating me for money, they are just genuinely nice people. I found that when I paid for a room, it was for the room, so I could have my girlfriend over when she wanted, and she was made to feel genuinely welcome, too, a nice change from SOME hotels in Thailand.

Activities have a refundable deposit, and there is a wide variety of healing and relaxing activities available to soothe and replenish the soul and body. I returned here at my own expense in 2011 to heal up from major arm surgery in lieu of the cold clammy climes of my native Canada, where my company would have paid for my flight. Healing is not all food and rest; environment plays its part, too. A warm, sunny, relaxed atmosphere where you feel welcomed as a friend was far more attractive to me. And, with Thailand being a world-leading destination for health care, I knew that the medical care I needed to make a speedy recovery would be readily available.

And the next-door lot was relatively unused and mostly lush jungle bush, the lot on the other side was a large house that seemed to be largely unoccupied but for a caretaker. Serene.

And the food! OMG! I have never eaten better. I ordered many things off the menu, both hot and cold, and the food was freshly made and dee-licious. The Tom Yum soup had generous amounts of seafood, mussels, etc, and had just that right amount of zing to really make it perfect, (you can custom-order the level of spiciness) without the odious tongue-numbing burn of Chilis Gone Wild.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank KurttheTraveler
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This hotel is away from the centre of Pattaya and is located on the beach in a quiet fisherman’s bay away from noisy jet skis and speed boats; this suited me as I enjoyed the tranquility and the cool fresh sea air. The hotel has good facilities that included a good sized swimming pool a Jacuzzi, small gym, snooker table, table tennis, and a small private beach with a decked area, Ideal for to relax, listen to the waves and watch the beautiful sunsets. The hotel offered lessons in Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Swimming, Guided Meditations and other activities. During the day there is a free shuttle service to Pattaya and the staff will advise you what you can do about town and the many other excursions that are available, I loved this hotel and I was made to feel like a friend from the minute I arrived, everyone always smiled and nothing seemed a problem. I was upgraded to a bigger room with a sea view for a small additional cost. The food in the hotel was excellent, the only problem was I couldn’t try everything on the menu, but everything I did try was first class, Thai food is now my favorite food. I met some very friendly guests and everyone made my stay at this hotel very enjoyable. I went on a few different excursions and had a wonderful time. I would recommend if you go to Thailand and you want to experience real tranquility try this Hotel, very peaceful but not far from the shops and night life of Pattaya city. I will be staying here on my next holiday to Thailand.

Room Tip: Try Deluxe Room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Temple29
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My family is just back from a wonderful two weeks at Serene Sands. The staff were all exceptional and really made our holiday complete. It was our son's birthday while we were there and the staff surprised him with an ice cream cake, complete with candles! Not many hotels would go to such lengths for a young guest! The shuttle service to and from Patthaya was excellent. On the one occasion that my wife and daughter were late for the return shuttle, the driver rang the resort to make sure they were alright and waited an extra 15 minutes until they arrived at the pick up point. We enjoyed not being in the centre of Patthaya - exactly what we wanted. The resort grounds and facilities were maintained to a high standard and the salt water pool and jacuzzis were in pristine condition. Our two teenage children enjoyed playing pool,snooker and table tennis and the WII was a big hit with them. The chef's homemade pizzas were excellent and we overindulged in mango and orange smoothies! We used the DVD hire service and there is a good selection of books available for hotel guests to read. On the last night of our holiday, we hired the resort bar -b -q and the staff purchased the sea food for us we had requested at the local market, which we then cooked ourselves. It was the perfect way to end our holiday. We would definitely go back again to Serene Sands. Thank you Jim, Ros and the rest of the staff for making our holiday so special. Hope to see you all again in 2013!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rabbit Resort
Rabbit Resort
#2 of 445 in Pattaya
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,640 reviews

Been to Serene Sands Health Resort? Share your experiences!