“Bad hospitality”
Review of Baron Beach Hotel

Baron Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Bang Lamung
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Songkran festival is the biggest festival which attract many tourist, people come and go, inside outside hotel for splashing water, sadly baron gives a policy even a guest cant go inside your room. But then the receiptionist is revoltly unfriendly with high tone voice towards guests which made mood changed. Better quality hotels are available for the price of a room. I hope that baron can train their worker's hospitality toward guests.

• Stayed: April 2014
There are newer reviews for Baron Beach Hotel

Reviewed March 16, 2014

For the rates that they charge, you can stay in much better hotels. Staff is friendly until you ask or complain about something. The doors of the rooms are made of cheap wood and therefore all the noise from the hallways can be heard inside the room. They have some kind of service phones on the end of the hallways, so if that phone is ringing in the middle of the night, you will be hearing it also inside your room. The water in the shower keeps going from cold to hot by itself and the breakfast is mainly Asian with one person that can fix omelettes and fried eggs. it is a good location, but that is pretty much it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ivan C
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2nights with my family. The room was clean, bathroom was also clean. The location was so good, in front of central mall, and you just walked 100m to reached cheap market...
I had dinner and breakfast in this hotel and the food is yummy..
I will go back again!!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kartika S
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

That was the 3rd time I stay at this hotel. 2-3years ago, they were good. But now it's a little bit run down, wifi is bad, bell boy service was bad, they just helped us to bring up some luggage and complaint our tips is so little. Bathroom was bad, some time no water supply, the floor was dirty in our room.. Bed is lousy, it was spoil and I asked for change , they promised and didn't change it for us.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I went by a lot of good reviews I read on Trip Advisor and other portals. But overall the whole experience was a let down and I would not recommend this hotel to my family & friends.

Pros: Excellent location - This is centrally located on the beach road. This is right next to Hilton. So access to this hotel is very easy. Walking street is a small stroll away and so are number of eateries and beach! So if location is all that matters to you, you may like this hotel. But the hotel is located in a cramped street & hence don't expect any view!

Cons: 1. Rooms were in bad shape. The wash basin & bathroom tiles were all cracked. Thankfully bathrooms were not dirty! The towels had lost their whiteness & were off-white! So we refrained from using them!
2. Bed Sheets & blankets were not very clean and had stains on them!
3. Tiny rooms.
4. Poor Wifi. Very hard to connect. When we complained, hotel staff asked us to "keep trying!"
5. Breakfast spread was not great. Almost nothing for vegetarians! Since we were vegetarians, we only had fruits, bread toast & cereals.
6. Expensive for the quality & service. The prices we paid per night were in the line with Amari, Holiday Inn which I have heard from my friends who have stayed earlier have better services.

Overall, we were disappointed. Thankfully the stay was just one night and we spent most of our time outside. But I will not return here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay. This time we had a deluxe pool access which I highly recommend.

The pros:
• our room was fairly quiet. Last time we stayed it was a little noisy but room this time you could only hear music and not that bad.
• room was nice.
• tv was good with heaps of channels.
• good location right near night life, beach and Central shopping centre.
• staff were friendly from front desk to concierge/door staff.

The cons:
• I could not get hot water even with adjusting the flow of water. It would start hot then less than 15 seconds later it would be cold.
• although the room appeared very clean and tidy there was minor evidence it doesn't get a thorough clean when guests check out.
• our safe beeped for hours on our first night. When it got bad we went and saw reception and then rung. It was about midnight and was constantly beeping but they were slow to come. By the time they came it went back to beeping frequent but not constant and the guy said it was fixed when clearly wasn't. He showed us where the batteries were so we pulled it out.
• toilet was blocked when we checked in. They were quick to fix this however.
• breakfast was average. They stopped replenishing some of the dishes half an hour before finishing. But is good for the price. I cannot remember what we paid as did this when booking the room but think I saw it advertised at the hotel for 200 baht.

Even though I found there were some issues I would probably book here again. My rating is based on what I've experienced from other hotels and guest houses in Thailand (not Pattaya). This was the most expensive and unfortunately not the best (probably the worst but still a good hotel).

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Nice Location, walking distance to Pattaya Beach and near police station. The breakfast very nice, the room very spacious, air-con working well, you can find many plugs inside.. International TV Channel.. Overall i love this hotel so much!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
#17 of 458 in Pattaya
Flipper Lodge Hotel
Flipper Lodge Hotel
#135 of 458 in Pattaya

Been to Baron Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!