“Great Place, Great Location”

Canterbury Tales Cafe & Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bang Lamung
Canterbury Tales Cafe & Guesthouse
Ranked #19 of 38 Bang Lamung B&B and Inns
Acapulco, Mexico
“Great Place, Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed for 3 weeks then I had to leave for a few weeks. I then came back for another 3 weeks. the rooms are like the photos you see. they have great internet. the bed was firm but I slept great. What you see is what you get.

I read the terrible reviews and as far as I am concerned I feel the staff is trustworthy. I saw and interacted with the 2 guys everyday and would never think that they would try to steal anything from a customer. I stayed in the fourth floor room that the one person had a problem with and it was fine for me for 3 weeks. There was noise , once in a while, but the noise was not the owner fault. I did not have any problems at night. Toilet paper was supplied and the room was cleaned every 2 days. The owner and his wife where very accommodating and helpful for all my questions. Everything you are looking for is within walking distance.

During my first 3 weeks there I looked around at different places in the same area but in the end, decided for the money and convenience, Canturbury Tales was the best choice and that’s why I stayed the next 3 weeks there. Obviously I would have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank Mr-Acapulco-Gold

Families
Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at the canterbury tales cafe in building D for 2 weeks the room was massive for the small amout of baht that i paid for it dave and his wife are great they always helped if they could with Q's the room was cleaned every 2 days with clean fresh towels i did have problems with wifi though when i got there but dave had it sorted within a day by putting a new router in.
I liked my stay there so i booked again for this september.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank kolosis
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Checked into a room and went to get something to eat. Came back after about 2 hours or so and caught the staff walking down the stairs with all my belongings, including my passport that was in the safe!!!

"Oh sorry sir, you move other room". They had some note from 'Dave' saying so. I'm not moving to some other room without you asking me first. And you definately do not take all my stuff out of my room without my permission. Who the hell knows what they would have taken if I did not catch them in the act. Luckily I did not have cash yet in the safe.

Downstairs I asked this 'Dave' what this was all about and said that it was unacceptable that they just go into my room to take all my belongings out. "Oh, sorry, somebody else already had booked the room". The 'sorry' sounded far from sincere. Then he tells me these are good people (really?) and he did not know they would take my stuff out of the room (again, really?).

I understand the desk people can make a mistake and that the room might already have been reserved. But it was not my mistake. I even have no problem moving rooms if you ask me, but you wait untill I get back into my room. Leave a note if you must telling me to come to the front desk to discuss it. But.... You DO NOT take all my belongings, including the safe contents, out of the room without my permission.

Suffice it to say, I went to a different hotel as the staff and management here cannot be trusted.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
19 Thank Bucky N

Travelers are raving about these Bang Lamung hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The worst room I have ever stayed in forty years of international world wide travel.
The room was on the 4th floor with an entrance which resembled a builders yard with rubbish dumped and even dog dirt on the floor. A steep climb through dirty dusty stairs and corridors lead me to my room. A large room dominated by a big bed, which was adorned with garish sheets and 2 hard pillows. The bed was even harder!
The bathroom was dusty and halfway down was divid by a plastic sheet which did not reach the floor. No toilet paper or soap. I had to buy my own. I left the roll for the next poor unfortunate unsuspecting customer.
The worst thing about this room was the constant drilling and construction noise which started at 8.30 am and continued throughout the day..
This was supposed to be a new room. I would hate to see what the other rooms were like.
I took my complaints to the landlady in the book shop. Who dismissed me with indifference and phoned her husband to whom she had accused me of "yak taking" her. In his defence the husband did say that there was another room available, but after this experience I did not want to know.
I asked about my deposit, which she refused to return, and even had the temerity to charge me TBaht650 for my night's stay.
I had paid £40
Don't stay here! The bookshop may be nice but the demeanour of the harridan who works here leaves much to be desired.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
13 Thank David G
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Canterbury Tales Cafe Guesthouse, the room was exactly as I expected and very comfortable, the Owner is very welcoming, any problems I may have had such as micro wave oven not working I just went to reception and within 5 minutes someone attended and installed a new one (great service), rooms cleaned on a regular basis and other than that I was left to my own devices unless I wanted a chat and then the Owner would usually be available (cannot expect anyone to be there for you 24/7) and the staff were super efficient.

Room Tip: There was no room with a balcony available and I am a smoker, if you smoke try to get a room with a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Testickle
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I spent a few days at the Canterbury Guesthouse last month and enjoyed my stay. The room had a balcony overlooking the street and it was nice to sit outdoors in the mornings and have coffee. The street is fairly quiet at night but can get a bit noisy during the day time. The staff is friendly and helpful.

The room was clean and well maintained. a nice, big refrigerator and water heater for coffee and tea was in the room. nice fluffy towels too.

It is a guest house and not a hotel so there are not the amenities you would find in a 1st class hotel and that is to be expected. The price is great and the location is excellent too. a short motorbike taxi ride to the beach and easy to walk to pubs and restaurants.

My only complaint is not anything the owner has any control over. There was standing water in the pot holes up and down soi Chaiyapoon and, cars and motorbike would zip up and down, hit the water and splash dirty water on pedestrians.

I had a very nice time and will definitely stay at Canterbury Tales again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Khun K
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

just back from pattaya stayed at canterbury tales before so knew what i was getting
arrived at 2am a fone call to dave and someone was there to meet me at back door for ther size of the room it is decent place i got balcony room did not seem noisey from all the other bars.
it was clean had a room safe air con seperate living room with couch and big tv now for 500 baht a night it was great if your used to hilton and paying 70 pounds for a room then maybe canterbury tales is not for you .
but if your on budget then this is great value place to stay

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo