“clean but !!!!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Opera
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“clean but !!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

we stayed here overnight with leger jewels of italy by air hotel rooms ok clean check in we were booked for a room with two single beds but were shown to two seperate rooms with double beds about 10 minets later a knock at the door would we move to a room with two single beds which we did as im disabled and traveled with my carerer but it was not a good start this hotel was the only hotel we did not have included evening meal but a menue displayed in reception showed a set meal for leger at a sost of 15 euros soup followed chicken fried potatos and carrots desert crem caramel as the hotel is in the middle of no where and we were hungery/ tierd from our journey we decided to take the meal what a disaster small amount of soup one bread roll no more than ten fries like mcdonlads fries and a peice of somthing in breadcrumbs thin and hard more crumb than meat no carrots followed by egg custard in a foil dish no caramel two bottels of water were on the table i opened one had i been alert i would have canvesed the other people and told the management we would only 5 euros pere person but due to not meeting other people on trip and a long journey im afraid we just paid i did protest when ask to pay for the water and did not pay for it if you have a choice do not eat at this hotel there were two girls who appeared to be cooking serving the meal and running the bar they worked very hard it was certanly not there fault the meal was a rip off breakfast was a better affare continental plus streaky bacon there was breads yougerts jams cake tea coffee ham cheese juice ( coloured water ) tasteless im told but an ok breakfast one tip upon leaving we saw a supermarket under the hotel had we known thats where we would have got our meal from we left on our tour coach never to return to this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daffdave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
Cornwall
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Hotel booked by my company, we had more than 10 rooms booked. On arrival, I was given a room which when I entered, I was shocked to see it was filthy, rubbish all over the floor. As I got further in to the room there were no beds??? just filthy dirty floor. Reception did not want to believe this was the case, but eventually issued me another room, this one was OK. Next morning in the shower, no hot water. On talking to my colleagues they also had no hot water either. A complaint was made, and the company also phoned the hotel, to be told the problem was fixed. 2nd morning, guess what, No hot water in the showers, so complaint made again. 3rd morning water was slightly better, but not what you would call hot. Breakfast is poor quality, juice is a cocktail of chemicals that in no way resembles orange juice. Coffee from machine is horrid. Give this place a miss. Our company will not be using them again.

Room Tip: Book at a different hotel, I have stayed here a few times now, and it is always the same.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank amm_uk

Travelers are raving about these Opera hotels

Chicago
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and i really liked the room, modern and very comfortable.

only problem is to get in city center in weekend because the public transport is not so frequent. Even the staff could be a little better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank F_linar789
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I've been travelling last month in Milan and i stayed in this hotel. My room was very good, a modern type and clean. I found the staff just ok. The only pity is that there isn't too much choice to get in the city with public transport in the weekend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
wales
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Hardly aptly named. Adjacent to a shopping centre.Accessed via a lift that requires you to walk on the main entrance to the car park so beware of high speed cars. Lift will accommodate two people max with suitcases. Staff very unhelpful. Food the worst I have been presented with. An insipid looking piece of cold slimy chicken. Not for the faint hearted.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank tara49
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Rather a strange setting for a hotel which is above a small supermarket, with an entrance that does it no benefit, but once inside the quality picks-up.

As a trainer, I want certain facilities, and the hotel provides these, a good size room for my participants, clean and good facilities, toilets, rest area, and staff that are willing to put themselves out.

Breakfast was typical Italian, sparse, so no English breakfast.

Lunch was prepared for a large group and was good, again typically Italian.

As with any hotel I stay in, I rarely eat-in, and I did not test their fare.

The bar was used for coffee's (Italian again), and I did not see many people queuing for any heavier drinks.

There was an outside area, which was off a large reception, and this was the roof of the building, with a potion sectioned off, with easy lounging and sunning chairs. Most of my participants enjoyed this area although being the flat roof of the premises below.

I did not see a golf course, but I am led to believe there are two very near with a shuttle bus.

Bedrooms are large, very clean and modern.

The building is quiet which is great for a nights sleep. I noticed a coach of Far Eastern tourist arrive, and leave, but was not disturbed by them during their stay.

Not a hive of activity within the hotel will be seen, which is a change from the hustle and bustle of other hotels.

There are plenty of good restaurants within easy walking distance offering good Italian food.

Not too far from Milan Linate Airport, but a 50 euro fare can be expected, and in the opposite direction to Milano centre.

I will be going back, to this modern yet quiet hotel, with loads of underground car parking space, but in what is a residential setting.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, I have always had a front facing room, mid corridor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Worst hotel i have stayed in for a long time. Looks run down from the outside...dont let the website fool you..the staff were rude and unhelpful, the breakfast buffet was a joke, the bar was never open, no atmosphere, the tv in the room only had BBC news in English (even though the booklet in the room said sky movies and others), the air conditioning didn't work properly. Taxis into Milan were 30 euros, 120 euros from the airport. The restaurant was closed when we were there. One night we returned to the hotel at 2am and they had turned the lifts off (the only way to access the hotel), I called the reception desk a few times and no-one answered (probably asleep), then finally someone answered and sent a lift down but was totally unapologetic when we complained. The staff had the worst attitude, like they knew the hotel was crap and they didn't care. I would never stay there again. The website is misleading and the staff were rude.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank claremuffin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opera
Cascina Marisa
Cascina Marisa
#2 of 2 in Opera
Excel Milano 3 Hotel e Residence
Atahotel Quark Due Residence
Starhotels Business Palace
NH Milano Congress Centre
Ibis Styles Milano Melegnano

Been to Golf Hotel Milano? Share your experiences!