Review Highlights
Great for the kiddies

A great way to keep the kids interested is to look out for Pooh Bear's corner on the way to the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Ton1022
A must for everyone!

Long time Pooh Corner. Has been a regular point of interest for the past 20 years of our coast... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Platty123
Australia
via mobile

All reviews batemans bay south coast small cave recent fires all ages pooh bear canberra icon childhood nige excitement survived council poos donated australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I must admit, I was shocked, stunned and very disappointed to see that this iconic landmark is languishing with just a 3-star "average" rating. There is nothing average about Pooh Bear Corner, friends.
You drive down the Clyde, the kiddies hang out the window and cheer, everybody wins! How does "average" come into that.
I give it 12 stars out of five. Would drive past and cheer again. Excellent landmark

Date of experience: May 2019
15  Thank NigeFromCanberra
Reviewed May 8, 2016

but really I am not sure why I find myself reviewing it? I have stopped here as there is a nearby geocache to make it worthwhile. It's not a safe place for children due to the traffic.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed April 27, 2016

If you drive along this stretch of Kings Highway, you can't miss this landmark. It's a small cave with a bunch of stuffed Pooh Bear animals deposited by interested Aussies. According to Wikipedia, it's the original location of a munitions store that would have been used to restrict access to the Aussie capital during WWII. How Pooh Bear relates may be lost to the mists of time. In any case, it's a mildly creepy place to stop and ponder why old stuffed animals are located here. I think most Aussies treat it as an excuse for a smoke and/or child break while driving in the car.

Date of experience: March 2016