I stayed at the Rowan Cottage for the first time this month and it was excellent, made to feel right at home by Christine and Jim. Its just a pity I joined weightwatchers a couple of weeks before and could not sample the full Scottish Breakfast but I had to watch a nice italian couple tuck into theirs and rave about it!
I went to Skye on a photography weekend and the Rowan is superbly located for Elgol, my main reason for the visit.
If I go back I would stay again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rowan Cottage welcomes the intrepid traveller and provides modest, comfortable and quiet accommodation in the small crofting community of Glasnakille, two miles from Elgol. Perfectly placed for the Skye Trail and visits to Spar Cave, Prince Charlie's cave, and the remains of ancient forts and tombs. The cottage provides, twin, double and kingsized bedroom accommodation with private shower room and WC. There is a cosy guest lounge with TV and plenty of books. Enjoy a hearty Scottish breakfast looking over Loch Slapin and the mountains and islands beyond. Yummy baking, suppers and packed lunches are available for our guests. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rowan Cottage Bed And Breakfast
- Rowan Cottage Hotel Isle Of Skye
- Rowan Cottage B&B Elgol, Isle Of Skye, Scotland