We were a group of 4 adults and 2 children looking for a place to stay in Kandy for 3 nights. Got a very good rate at "The Mansion". Overall we were just amazed by the property.
- Very beautiful architecture. It seemed like it was belonging to a different era. Very clean and green all around.
- Value for Money
- Arranged a good taxi (Mr. Gamini) for a Kandy city tour.
- Our driver was very happy with the driver's accomodation and mentioned that this is the best he had seen in Sri Lanka.
- 30 mins from the city
- Lack of vegetarian options in Dinner Menu.
- Breakfast was supposed to be until 10 AM but when we reached at 9:55 AM on one of the days, most of the stuff was over and we had to just do with bread. But enjoyed the breakfast on the other days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mansion was built in the 1920s by Punchi Banda Nugawela, Diyawadana Nilame, of the "Temple of The Tooth' in Kandy. He was a chieftain in Kandy who was believed to have lived a lavish lifestyle during the early 20th century. The designer of this architectural masterpiece is fully European and the architect still remains a mystery. In 1999 Mr. Rathnapala Marawanagoda, the last resident, decided to convert the villa into a hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your The Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansion Hotel Kandy