“Amazing location and service!”
Review of The Racha

The Racha
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ko Racha Yai
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We went there for my birthday, the staff saw it was my bday probably from our papers and the chef delivered a wonderful cake to our room! Also next morning at breakfast, the chef there wished me happy bday and asked how we spent our day. Very attentive staff, wonderful romantic location. The villas are really incredibly beautiful, bathroom view over the golf, room service twice a day, fruit plateau every day, esspreso machine in the villa and a beautiful terace. Looking forward to going back there and highly recommanded!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank annie_m001
Devan B, General Manager at The Racha, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Annie M001

Thank you very much for your kind review. Its a pleasure to receive reviews where staffs have been very attentive and great location for honeymoon. Thank you again.

We hope to see you real soon.

There are newer reviews for The Racha

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

This is the best holiday I had ever spend.
Overall was good. 2 nights not really enough to spend on The Racha. I not even have time to try massage. T_T

Anyway, there were pros and cons.
Pros:
-The staff are friendly and helpful. Always provide warm hospitality. Special thanks to
@The canadian staff is friendly, help us arrange the boat and mini bus xfer for us according to our flight schedule. And give us info about this island.
@The china staff who escorted us to our villa. He teach us how to use the facility in the villa.
@The north thailand girl who escort us to take the speed boat back to phuket island. I Neverthought The Racha will provide such considerate action.
@ The gelato ice cream seller is a friendly person. She advised us not go out from The Racha area after 6pm bcoz there might have snake n monkey come out so better stay inside hotel area. I will never forget about your smile. :-)
@ the speedboat pilot and the assistant who brought us back to phuket island safely. The wave is big that day, I can feel that the pilot had tried his best to avoid the big wave. Thanks :-)
@ Mr Devan (from penang greenland) the GM of The Racha who spend his precious time with us before we leaving The Racha. So happy to meet the "penang lang" there.
(forget all their name just remember country name)
-Every villa even provide all necessary goodies go to beach like mosquito repellent, beach shoe, beach bag, beach towel, torch light and umbrella.
-The beach is clean. too bad I cant see the sunset due to the weather :'(
-The villa is luxury and cozy.
-The infinity swimming pool is great.
-The security is excellent.

Con's
- I suggest prepare some swimming tire or swimming board around the infinity pool. So that ppl like me who cant swim also can enjoy the swimming pool
- I saw a large lizard walk around the villa. I feel that quite scary. Eventhough many ppl said big lizard not attack human.
- should place some hotel room no signboard so that I can easily find my way back to my room.
-for restaurant they doesnt have many choices

I have spend a wonderful holiday here. I still many things to share but I cant recall back. If got chance I wish I can visit The Racha again in future.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Orange O
Devan B, General Manager at The Racha, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Orange O

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am glad that you and your friends had a great time with us. I will certainly share your comments with my team

I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I just left this hotel and I cannot tell you how good is it.

The beach is amazing and if you like surfing you probably will be able to surf.

This is the best hotel that I have stayed in Thailand.

They give you the following complimentary services:
- Mountain bikes: it is great to go around the island and discover the different beaches
- Bodyboad:
- Snorkling gear
- Kayak
- Sauna
- Steam room
- Bose speakers
- ipod with a lot of music
- Beach bag
- Nice beach sandals (you have to return them)

In addition you could:
- Rent motor bike to discover the island.
- Book scuba diving trips
- Book a massage at the SPA

The hotel have a great ice cream shop which have really good ice creams.

The service is a luxury service you will not have to worry about your luggage when arriving or departing. I would recommend taking the transport service offered by the hotel.

The food is really good (eastern or western). The Breakfast is awesome!!!!

The SPA is really good. I took the Thai massage and my wife the Oriental massage. Both were really pleased with our massages.

I booked a Grand Deluxe Pool Villa, this room was amazing. It was in front of the beach and it included:
- Balcony with: dining table, sofa, two sun chairs and umbrella.
- The room was really big, had a sofa, two chairs, to places to place big luggage a big desk.
- The bathroom had two hand sinks, a bath tub, and the toilet divided by a door
- A private pool with two sun chairs, a table and a extra shower.

I cannot tell you how good is the distribution of the room and how comfortable it is.

If I will get back to thailand again I will definitely come back to this hotel.

Cons:
- I would recommend the hotel limiting the spaces where people can smoke.
- I would recommend the hotel not allowing children at the bar.

The hotel have 3 pools and all of them are amazing!!!

Room Tip: If you are booking a Grand Deluxe Pool Villa request rooms 201 or 202 which are in front of the beac...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juan David D
Devan B, General Manager at The Racha, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Juan David D

Thank you for posting such a detailed review of your recent stay at The Racha. Well said "Definitely A Honeymoon Grade Hotel" thank you.

We are so glad to read through your long list of comments and having you score our hotel so highly certain indicates that you had an enjoyable experience.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

6 stars - We've been wanting to go to the Racha for a few years but the schedules never worked out. But for our anniversary, we planned in advance and finally arrived at the Racha.

What can I say - from the Boat ride to the wonderful Pool villa, it was an experience befitting the hotel. I quite enjoyed the adventure of walking on the floating platform (It floats very well)!! :)

We stayed in a pool Villa and I must say the view to the splendid sea was just awesome. It definately was a wonderful way to get up every morning. :)

White sandy beaches, pristine clear waters and a beautiful coral reef (For those game to do deep sea diving) and a proper 6 star resort. I've stayed at quite a few island resorts in the Maldives and from my experience, the waters are as good if not better at the Racha, and at a more economical price.

The GM Mr Devan was very hospitable, as were all the staff.

We had a wonderful time and would definately recommend this romantic resort to couples.

In fact, we've decided to travel there within the next year again!

2  Thank YNWA78

Dear YNWA78

I am delighted to hear that you had a perfect anniversary while staying at The Racha.

Thank you for your great comments about our services, activities and the facilities. Glad that you had a wonderful time with us. I will be sharing your review with our team for certain.

We are looking forward to your returning trip to our resort.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Thumbs-Up : Eco-Lux Resort Concept, Location, Spa, Pool & Beach Lounging.

We still love the well designed, integrated and low-rise whitewashed villas built on eco-friendly concept.

The location of the remote island certainly supports the concept, and helps keeping it isolated from the typical "noise & pollutants" of the main island.

We enjoyed our relaxing time and superb services at the pool and the spa (when we do decide to leave our villa which already a solitude vacation on its own); and somewhat would have been perfect if it's not for the "noisy-boat visitors" who flocked and left their trash at the beach by the time the leave.

Other activities that worth getting out of the villa for: snorkeling (SANS "noisy boat tourists") and night diving (a short boat-ride away). Ended the days at one of the restaurants with great service (some creative additions to the limited menus and personalized tweaks to dietary needs would have scored another thumbs up).

The Need of Rejuvenation
Apart from the suites where we stayed (a kind upgrade offered by the management as repeat customers), serious replacement of the old beds, aging furnitures and bathroom fixtures in the villas are desperately needed.

Service at Receiption (please bring back the smiles and efficient service that the Racha used to "sign-in and sign off" with its guests).

Bottom line: Hope to come back to a rejuvenated Racha very soon. It has done well in maintaining most of its charms.

2  Thank Indra L
Devan B, General Manager at The Racha, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Indra L

We'd like to thank you for taking the time to post your kind review, it's always helpful to read our guests' comments. I am glad that on your 3rd stay with us, "we brought you back down memory the lane".

The mention of our service at the reception and the conditions of some of the hardware certainly got our attention, Be assured, however, that we're paying full attention and are sharing your words with the respective department heads. As for the hardware, we are renewing our them gradually.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We take them in a constructive context and we look forward to welcome you back to The Racha.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I got married on my birthday 7 years ago: we spent our honeymoon at The Racha.

We (wife and I) talked about going back, but never found opportunity to do so.

I decided to plan a surprise trip to The Racha for our 7th anniversary/and my birthday, with the intention to pamper ourselves a little, and to have a refreshing change from our usual routine.

The trip turned out to be a wonderful blessing:
The General Manager/Mr. Devan Bhaskaran upgraded our stay to the new 2-bedroom grand pool suite, which offers an unparalleled seaview. Being able to walk into the infinity pool from the outdoor shower, and relish the moment of breaking dawn while dipping in the pool is divine (the water is cool but not chilly). The island is on the west coast, so it's not possible to have sunrise from the horizon. Sunset from the horizon means afternoon sun will heat the room every day, but there are screens and blinds to block out the sun (and at least half the heat) with just a push of a button.
The F&B manager Tony along with his head baker Pan baked us a wonderful anniversary cake, and there was a surprise birthday treat for me when we got back to room from dinner too.
With two kids in tow: not having a handheld shower in the shower cubicle made it challenging to bath the kids, the tub is useful in this respect but not preferred since it is slippery, and heaving kid in/out of tub requires effort.
Not speaking Thai does offer some hindrance in communicating with hotel staff, but they are always patient with a smile, and will turn up at the door personally to check on your request if they don't understand you over the phone.

All in all I am most thankful to the people/hotel staff who made our stay at The Racha our most memorable trip to date. :D

Room Tip: Try to avoid going during peak season, unless you like crowds. Also make known your expectations/nee...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear M/M Wong

Thank you very much for your kind review and we are so much looking forward to welcoming you back to The Racha.

I am delighted to hear that you had “Our most memorable stay to date!” with us. Thank you for your compliments, I will share your review with them and they will be extremely happy to hear that.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

There is no need to say a lot of things, words, praise...All are useless, one word is enough to describe this place: everyting is just beautiful and perfect! An amazing place - we loved it and highly recommand to stay there several days. We did not really like the island though but believe me ... you anyway do not want to leave that beautiful place and beach! We were there for our honeymoon in May.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 18Alex
Devan B, General Manager at The Racha, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Hello 18Alex
Thank you for sharing your feedback, we do very much appreciate and delighted to hear that you had a perfect experience at The Racha.
We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for another perfect stay at The Racha.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ko Racha Yai
#3 of 36 in Choeng Thale
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong

Been to The Racha? Share your experiences!