This island hotel enjoys a privileged location on one of the best beaches I've ever seen, the water is so clear you can see every particle of sand clearly. This is for me is the most significant attribute though the 5* hotel provides accommodations that live to the expectation and an MD (Mr. Devan) that gives it that personal touch you will remember.
We stayed in a double room suite villa with a pool, thinking that as with a friend couple we would both enjoy a great room and share the private pool and living area however our surprise was that there was a main room with pool access, views and all the perks and then there was a back room which was half the size and unimpressive. Putting this behind us very quickly we did enjoy the villa and other hotel installations, namely its larger pool and good food at its restaurants. Breakfast was just OK but a little disappointing in its offering for this type of hotel.
The beach is truly amazing with the whitest and finest sand I've seen in Thailand or possibly elsewhere and the water is pristine but this attracts a daily horde of island hoppers brought in by very loud boat operators that give the place a quite unattractive view for the hours (10-15) they invade it.
And the one feature I found a bit inconvenient is the limited choice of hotel transfers to Phuket pier specially considering one has to pay for them. I remember it was 3 in/out transfers a day which can leave you waiting at the pier accommodation on arrival or at the airport on departure for quite some time. In our case it was the former only as with the return, the MD sorted a solution out that worked just fine.
In summary, I do recommend this hotel for a few days stay specially if you are one to appreciate a beach and sea like nowhere before.
I went diving one day and the visibility was out of this world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 12 miles south of Phuket on Racha Yai island, The Racha is Thailand's premier deluxe island hideaway. Set on a pristine white-powdery beach and surrounded by the dazzling turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea, this five star resort features 70 stylish villas offering the ultimate in luxurious comfort, from private pool villas with underwater music, to a very unique 5-storey Lighthouse Pool Villa with an observation deck offering panoramic views around the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Racha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Racha Hotel Ko Racha Yai
- Racha Hotel Yai Island
- Racha Yai Island
- Racha Phuket
- The Racha Ko Racha Yai, Phuket, Thailand