Stayed at The Racha for 4 nights recently. The Racha is a very beautiful resort with excellent facilities. We ate in all of the restaurants and could not find fault with anything. The staff are very good and made us feel special. I used the spa for massage and facial treatments and found it very relaxing and of great quality. The villas themselves were up there with some of the best we have stayed in. Our view was spectacular with wonderful sunsets every night.
The only downside to staying here is the day trippers. We were day trippers 2 years ago and loved it,hence we came back, only staying as guests this time. When we came as day trippers there were only a third of the amount of people as what they allow now. From 10 am onwards it was full on with maybe 200. - 250 people on the beach. It is a bit sad about this as when you pay top dollar for a resort like this you expect a bit more exclusivity. At any one time there were 8-10 boats parked out the front frantically trying to get people on and off the boats. It was extremely crowded on the beach. Another thing that surprised us was the amount of rubbish along the tracks as you walk to other areas of the island. We do not remember it being this bad from our previous visit. We still enjoyed our stay and loved the resort but probably won't be back due to the overuse of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 12 miles south of Phuket on Racha Yai island, The Racha is Thailand's premier deluxe island hideaway. Set on a pristine white-powdery beach and surrounded by the dazzling turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea, this five star resort features 70 stylish villas offering the ultimate in luxurious comfort, from private pool villas with underwater music, to a very unique 5-storey Lighthouse Pool Villa with an observation deck offering panoramic views around the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Racha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Racha Hotel Ko Racha Yai
- Racha Hotel Yai Island
- Racha Yai Island
- Racha Phuket
- The Racha Ko Racha Yai, Phuket, Thailand