We were supposed to have been in a Superior Villa but were upgraded to the Lighhouse due to overbooking albeit we shared the Lighthouse with another family. They took the ground floor while we took the next 3 floors (YES its that BIG).
The view is simply great and the ambience truly truly resort with gentle breezes and the sound of the surf (not roaring though). The cicadas did give us some discomfort but for some reason they have a time of the day to make their calls and they all switch off almost in unison. Not a probelm at all given the gorgeous airconditioning in our room.
The bathroom was spectacular. His and hers sinks, his and hers showers in the same stall! And the topper - the jet spa in the bathroom. Took our collective breaths away (among other things).
The food at the various restaurants were good especially the Thai food (forgot the name of the restaurant) and we could order from the outlet next door (owned by the locals) and pay 2 prices! What a surprise and what an endorsement of the owners to share their prosperity with the locals. Nice touch.
The water was an azure blue and from a high elevation it was aquamarine. Clear and smooth. Great for snorkelling albeit I did not scuba dive. However the ATV tours were simply great fun but do be careful if you are a first timer. Just don't over throttle and don't panic!
There is a spa which is simply gorgeos and gave us both a sense of great relaxation.
Our only regret? We should have stayed longer. The weather was simply great while we were there but I get the sense that even if it poured cats and dogs I would have loved it too simply because of its great ambience and serenity.
Highly recommended for couples. Kids who are late teens would definitely love it too if their parents paid for their trip. Haha.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 12 miles south of Phuket on Racha Yai island, The Racha is Thailand's premier deluxe island hideaway. Set on a pristine white-powdery beach and surrounded by the dazzling turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea, this five star resort features 70 stylish villas offering the ultimate in luxurious comfort, from private pool villas with underwater music, to a very unique 5-storey Lighthouse Pool Villa with an observation deck offering panoramic views around the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Racha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Racha Hotel Ko Racha Yai
- Racha Hotel Yai Island
- Racha Yai Island
- Racha Phuket
- The Racha Ko Racha Yai, Phuket, Thailand