Stayed at The Racha for 8 nights in a superior villa no 312. They really are wonderful, very minimalistic with ambient lighting and pristine clean. The bed is very firm but dead comfy, there are 2 showers, one in and one out in a mini private garden (brilliant to use when you return from the beach). Minibar is a little expensive so we took a litre of whisky and just used the mixers. We also brought our favourite cd's to play and sat out on the setee at the front which was well screened.
The beach is very busy with boat trips from 11 to 4 so everyday we walked to Siam Bay about 10 mins away. It is a stunning beach with only a handful of people on it, swimming is good and there are a couple of places that do good thai food and beer chang (green curry at the 2 storey beach hut is the best).
The staff at The Racha are so lovely, big smiles and very attentive. It winds me up when other reviews complain about their lack of English or slight naivity, this is Thailand that's what makes it special! Breakfasts are good, loads of fruit and yoghurt, almond croissants, omelettes and HOT tea. We ate at all three restaurants and found the food tasty and beautifully presented (try the mignon at the fire grill). There is also a good place to eat next to resort built on stilts over the sea they do thai, chinese and western dishes.
The Racha is the ideal place for a getaway from it all holiday (there are absolutely no shops here!) If you want you can explore the island and go to some of the cheaper bars and restaurants but then you always have the luxury of that wonderful air conditioned room to return to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 12 miles south of Phuket on Racha Yai island, The Racha is Thailand's premier deluxe island hideaway. Set on a pristine white-powdery beach and surrounded by the dazzling turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea, this five star resort features 70 stylish villas offering the ultimate in luxurious comfort, from private pool villas with underwater music, to a very unique 5-storey Lighthouse Pool Villa with an observation deck offering panoramic views around the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Racha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Racha Hotel Ko Racha Yai
- Racha Hotel Yai Island
- Racha Yai Island
- Racha Phuket
- The Racha Ko Racha Yai, Phuket, Thailand