3 people are viewing this hotel
Travelocity$172
Priceline$150
Destinia.com$249
1,622 results
All reviews day trippers outdoor shower chalong pier the general manager deluxe villa infinity pool sunset restaurant small island earth cafe public beach lobby bar thai food mountain biking club del mar stunning beach boat transfer hotel guests
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at The Racha for 4 nights in mid Aug 2012 and were very impressed with the staff, the beach, the pools and most importantly the villas! The island itself is pretty small, so you can pretty much walk to the other beaches within 20-30mins although the beach the Racha is on is by far the best one. The Racha also has bicycle loans for free so my wife and I explored the island on bikes which was a lot of fun. Overall we throughly enjoyed the 4 nights we spent at the Racha. You will love it if you are looking for a tranquil getaway in a top class luxury resort.

Date of stay: August 2012
4  Thank Tamngtama21
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Racha is nestled between two bays on the Northern part of the Ko Racha island, a 45 mins boat ride from Chalong bay, where the resort has a reception lounge, on Phuket Island. In many aspects, the Racha is a sanctuary away from the hub-bub of Patong Beach, making it the ideal romantic getaway for couples.

The resort faces out westwards to a welcoming powdery white-sanded beach and a crystal clear sea, giving some of the best sunset scenery. There are also amenities like spas & massages, diving & snorkeling, a newly-refurbished gym & morning yoga sessions (twice or thrice a week).

I stayed at the Racha for five nights with a couple of friends in a 2-Bed Room Grand Pool Suite. The villa had infinity pools that faced the beach and shared the incredible sunset views too. For relaxation, the Resort provides guests with an iPod loaded with chill-out and lounge music and Bose speakers with iPod docks to create that relaxed atmosphere that I personally enjoyed. I also appreciated the fine detail in things like having water treated with ozone rather than chlorine in the pools, which made swimming in them without goggles pain-free.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank deslucent
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family (husband and kids 14 & 11 yrs) have recently spend 10 nights at The Racha.
I was nervous being early July and the wet season, however after a full-on monsoon storm on the day of our arrival we had mostly really lovely weather. Not too hot and some rain showers in the evening. Having said that, The Racha is so beautifully designed and operated that no matter what the weather, there is always something to do and somewhere to go. We loved all that they had to offer but also felt at total ease just relaxing by the pool or having massages in the spa. The rooms are perfect, chic clean lines (and your favourite scent throughout), grounds are immaculate, soft spongy grass. Most important to us is we are really fussy about food and usually chose our holiday destinations based on the food. The Racha was excellent, I don't think we had a bad meal, there was always variety in dining, we loved having different restaurant choices each evening as it made dining such a treat. Food is fresh and not expensive. Overall, the kids had a great time and we fell deeply in love with the blue fizzy water and icing sugar sand. This small island paradise should be on your list of beautiful tropical getaways.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank cassieracing
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Racha for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The staff were so helpful, our suite was wonderful, such luxury and the great weather made it a wonderful escape for a few days. Pure bliss. There was a great variety of food for the buffet breakfast, catering for most nationalities. They had complimentary yoga in the gym several mornings a week which we thoroughly enjoyed. Although we could have stayed at the resort all day, we did explore the island, where we snorkelled with no one else on the beach and stumbled across some local eateries around the island where we had some wonderful food. We also found a great little place where we both enjoyed some lovely massages and pedicures at very reasonable rates. Although the island can be busy during the day with day trippers, once they had left for the day, it became very quiet with just your fellow guests left to enjoy the sunsets and balmy nights. We would definitely go again.

Date of stay: April 2012
2  Thank bblackmore
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just back from a way-too-short holiday (3 nites) at The Racha. It was so sublime I just had to rave about it on Tripadvisor.

First of all, I wholeheartedly agree with all the great things that have been said about the resort. This is heaven on earth. But to get here first, you need to speedboat out from the Racha Lounge at Chalong Bay on one of the slick Racha speedboats. For goodness sakes, if you can’t handle sea transfers, don’t book a stay on an island! Our 30 minute crossing on the 5pm speedboat was so comfortable I dozed off a few times. The sea couldn’t have been calmer and I felt very safe in the hands of our captain and his crew.

The first glimpse of the bay upon approach drew a few audible gasps from my fellow guests. Yes, this island is really postcard-perfect. The water is crystal-clear and visibility is better here than my atoll stay in the Maldives. The sand is also incredibly fine and powdery-soft. The sprawling Racha resort fronting the bay gleamed in the sun ready to welcome us.

I can’t laud enough about my villa – Villa 1203. If you really want to live it up, book a 2 Bedroom Grand Pool Suite – the very newest accommodations at the resort (along with the Spa Pool Suites). On elevated grounds overlooking the Spa complex with the ocean yonder (and only a short stroll away), we awoke everyday to beautiful sunrises and awe-inspiring sunsets at the end of each day. The views are priceless and still so fresh in my memory.

Design-wise, the folks here at the resort have thought about everything. My villa had fully automated lighting and Crestron blinds, a Jura coffee machine, a retractable tv (our first ever!) in the bedroom and the hugest jacuzzi tub ever (which we never used). Why? Cos we were always in our infinity pool! Love, love our pool with the uninterrupted ocean views and swim up to an oh-so-private outdoor shower. With absolutely no chlorine, the pool is treated with ozone so the skin and hair stays happy.

Can’t say enough about the gorgeous grounds. With twenty acres, I loved my early morning walks. And how delighted I was to come across the gentle but large monitor lizards going about their way. The sounds of cicadas too were music to my ears. This is nature just the way I like it.

Tips we have for fellow guests;
• join in the Management cocktails early on in your vacation. You’ll meet the very cool Management and also like-minded guests who want to mingle (remember, not all couples want to). We made a few friends early on and it was always such a pleasure running into them and exchanging stories during our short holiday.

• bring your underwater camera. Upon advice from the staff at the Water Sports Center, we took a kayak (it’s free) out into the Bay with some bread from breakfast for the fishes. After attaching the kayak to a buoy mid-bay, we snorkeled and encountered very friendly, (and hungry) colorful fishes!

• wear reef shoes. There’s rocks in the reef and you’ll be too busy looking out for the fishes to bother minding where you step.

• enjoy the Anumba Spa. This much-awarded Spa has some very excellent massage therapists. Even though I didn’t use the OM Studio or the gym, you’ve never find better views anywhere on earth. These rooms are oceanfront.

• stay longer than 3 nights. We should have known better. But the time we finally detoxed, we were dreading that we only had 2 nights left in paradise.

Thanks to Gerard Tan, Racha General Manager for your sincere attention and amazing hospitality. We enjoyed dining with you tremendously and reaping the benefits of the heart and soul you’ve put into this stellar resort. My husband and I are already planning our return!

Room tip: Spoilt yourself and get a pool villa!
Date of stay: February 2012