“Best diving ever!”
Review of Raya Dive Center

Raya Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Raya Dive Center is situated in the heart of Racha Yai island, 22 km of the south tip of Phuket. We offer scubadiving for all level divers: from discovery dives all the way up to dive Master courses.Operated by marine scientists, Raya Dive Center guides you trough the best divespots on Racha Yai & Racha Noi.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I really enjoyed diving with you: nice an easy. The Centre provides an exceptional service, I must say I never imagined that someone else will set-up and wash the kit after me! However the best things are your extras: the lovely jasmine tea with biscuits, iced water and photos. It felt like I was getting an exceptional added value, unlike other dive centres where I felt like I was robbed.

3  Thank Maciej H
There are newer reviews for Raya Dive Center

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The two of us decided to become an open water diver (padi) during our stay on ko racha. We stayed in the racha on the other side of the small island which wasn't any issue as we were happily picked up and returned everyday finishing the program. We never dived before but given the corse was held individually we could learn theory and practice at our own pace. The team was fully flexible on timing, content etc. everyday enabling us to really make it a fun experience during our vacation. When you come bavk from the dive water, tea, coffee and cookies are ready :) Thanks so much to Nana and team and especially our dive master Uht.

2  Thank weltenbummler001
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Raya Dive Centre is situated next to the Ban Raya Resort and Spa's reception area and is family owned and managed by Nana , Ton and Bao.

GREAT SERVICE!

Ton, Nana and Bao are Marine Scientist's and are positive and passionate about their environment. They run a friendly, organised and professional centre and their knowledge of all things 'SEA', adds a wonderful dimension to the whole experience.

They are not linked to 'RAYA divers' who are in Patok Bay. The names caused some confusion for us when we were doing our research before booking. Although their web site IS www.rayadivers.com Make sure that you are communicating with Nana or Bao.

Weather conditions were not great, so we were restricted to diving around Ko Racha Yai and did not get to one of the areas best sites on Racha Noi. However, the diving was very good. We did not expected this of Thailand, other than possibly The Similan Islands. The diving included two wrecks, coral nursery sites, huge brain corals and large schools of fish with plenty in between. Definitely worth more than one visit. Check out http://www.rayadives.com/latest-news for the short video or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE8O5N-ZKuM for the 10min version.

Friendly, professional and passionate about the environment. A wonderful holiday dive trip.

Well Done Raya Dive Centre and Thank you Nana and Ton (sorry about the late review)

We will see you again soon.........................

Conclusion:
All in all a very pleasant stay at a modest resort with a FANTASTIC dive centre.

1  Thank vAardt
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was happy to find a dive center that operated at my resort at Koh Racha Yai. Already after the first meeting with Nana - another owner of the center - I was happily surprised - wow, could their service really be so fantastic as I experienced during the first meeting with them.
Well, their service really IS fantastic !! Nana service water,coffee/tea and snacks at their terrace before and after every dive. You were given a fresh towel after having a shower. Because of my medical problem my equipments were carried to the water.
I did most of my dives with another owner Toni ( who - as Nana - are scientists, that attitude for uw-world really shows ! ) I also dived with divemaster Bao (excellent motorbike driver and also drawer for beautiful nudibranches ) and instructor Adul ( I got so good impression of his skills and attitude of fun and safe diving that I hope to have a course with him at the future )
All the staff were really friendly,helpful and highly experienced and professionals. They were always ready to do your dives memorable and enjoyable. Sometimes after your dives you can even enjoy their coconut party !!

If you are looking for a friendly staff with excellent service and good diving I can highly recommend this dive center !!!

1  Thank tarja_kihnia
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I spent a wonderful time with a friendly team of Raya Dive Center: Tony, Na, Oot and Miguel...
They are professionals with passion on diving and free diving, and importantly they are happy to share what they love with others ...Friendly atmosphere, nice chat with a lot of laughs in the evening after dives !!!:)
Their shop is located on the nice small island called Racha Yai with white sandy beaches, a lot of palm trees and crystal blue water year-round! a lot of fish you can see there: school of Barracudas, trigger fish, cattle fish, anemone fish, trumpet fish, moray eels , giant puffer and other interesting puffer species , glass shrimps and a lot more :)
if you choose to go to Phuket, Thailand - take a chance to visit and Dive with Raya Dive center !! Just contact them for an advice.

Na, Tony, Oot and Miguel, good luck with your business!!! I will come back again!!! thank you for everything!!! Take good care, guys!!!!!!

1  Thank Tanya Z