This is a place to get away from it all. Don't expect shops, attractions and entertainment. Go to Phuket, Bangkok, or Chiang Mai for that. On Ko Racha you relax.
Our beach front room was great - spacious, with lots of place for our clothes. Nice view of the beach, and of course easy access. Beach is beautiful, but the coral in the water is hard on the feet - not much fish life or live coral here.
There are other rooms at the pool, about 100m from the beach, and other rooms a little further away. Grounds are large.
Restaurant: breakfast could be better. Otherwise, a good range of food available - though expect to pay double or triple the price of similar meals on Phuket. That said, a main course was about 300 baht.
The spa (massage, beauty treatments) is very expensive, but the normal massage by reception is cheap.
Expect to be surprised by last minute changes to boat timetables to and from Phuket. Be sure to ask and confirm at reception a couple of days in advance, as they are not "proactive". Staff are though generally friendly and helpful, and ready to arrange transport and baggage storage at their reception on Phuket (Chalong pier).
A little irritating that they close the gate at 5pm, but another entrance with a detour of a couple of hundred metres does still allow you to walk in and out to... well, to not very much - but maybe to other resorts or the one or two restaurants on the "main street". It is possible to walk between all the resorts on the island, but the island itself has a larger undeveloped area which is not accessible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rayaburi Resort (Racha Island) is a brand new resort, set on a pristine beach on Racha / Raya Yai Island (Phuket). The resort located on a private property set right beside Siam Bay - the longest and widest powdery white sand beach on Racha Yai Island. Its unique mixture of authentic Thai style beach resort facilities with calm and peaceful atmosphere, and heartfelt hospitality and service - suitable for all type of travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rayaburi Resort (Racha Island) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayaburi Resort (Racha Island) Hotel Rawai
- Rayaburi Resort (Racha Island) Ko Racha Yai, Phuket, Thailand