Don't really want to tell the world about this place but..what a find! Low key rustic charm with first class staff and snorkelling from the sandy beach - paradise found in our books! We booked this on a whim and fell in love immediately.
For some of our time here we were the only guests; their loss was certainly our gain. Their website says there is no electricity 9am-5pm (which might be what keeps the hoards away) but it was only off for 2 hours each day 3pm – 5pm.
Understated in its facilities it is the kind of place you can slot into, unwind and embrace – good accommodation standard, good food, fantastic personal service from the friendly staff and a beach that is quiet at the busiest of times. Swim about 50ms off the beach at high tide and snorkel in the shelter of the bay without the intrusion of day trippers.
The restaurant is beachfront and has been updated since other reviewer photos in 2010 reviews. Crisp linen tablecloths and white rattan chairs really make it a great dining venue. Breakfast was included to order and although dinner menu prices are slightly more than Phuket its value for money for beachfront dining. The current managers (Arn & Bao) have been there less than a year. Bao gets a special thumbs up for allowing us to venture into the kitchen for a hands on cooking experience and for teaching our son how to fire juggle. The restaurant staff were all very attentive.
The 3 beachfront rooms are exquisite and the aircon lagoon rooms well appointed. There is a pool that we used though it was technically for villa guests only. Rayaburi’s charm is its perfect combination of hospitality in a rustic, island setting. They are however expanding . Construction of more rooms and a large communal pool is nearing completion but it's away from existing rooms so don’t not go because of this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rayaburi Resort (Racha Island) is a brand new resort, set on a pristine beach on Racha / Raya Yai Island (Phuket). The resort located on a private property set right beside Siam Bay - the longest and widest powdery white sand beach on Racha Yai Island. Its unique mixture of authentic Thai style beach resort facilities with calm and peaceful atmosphere, and heartfelt hospitality and service - suitable for all type of travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Rayaburi Resort (Racha Island) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayaburi Resort (Racha Island) Hotel Rawai
- Rayaburi Resort (Racha Island) Ko Racha Yai, Phuket, Thailand