“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I eat at Turmeric's a couple of times a month and the food is excellent service could do with perking up a bit but overall a fine place to dine.

Be aware of drinks prices though its cheaper to buy from the bar yourself

1  Thank Andy O

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I haven't had a less average curry for a very long time.

The restaurant needs knocking down - the building is with a pub, dated and in need of serious work.

The food is decidedly average (the breads were ok, and was hard).

I cant recomemnd this restaurant in any way shape or form - just looking at it from the outside that what it tells you all you need to know....

1  Thank MM_12Basingstoke
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I'm a local Bramley boy that went down the pub for a pint with a friend and ended up eating in the curry house next door. The chap in there was rude and the food had no taste, I'm not a moaner but it was shocking! I really do feel i would of been better off with a kebab! Ow and we where the only ones in there at peak time (i wonder why!)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I live locally. I've had about 10 take-aways from here over the last 12 months but the majority of them just didn't taste too good. Some meals have had inedible spices left in. I understand these spices are important to flavour but I dont want to bite into them and ruin my palette for the rest of the meal. There isn't anything particularly distinct about the menu that sets it apart from others. That's ok, if the food is consistently good or consistently average (average is fine given the lack of choice in local area) but currently the food lacks consistency and good flavour. I really hope now they have been there a while the Chef has learned much and is going to start producing consistent great food, but that hasn't happened yet. I'll keep visiting because their is very little option for a local curry but I would really like to say to my friends 'We have a great local Curry house'. Unfortunately, my friends taste the food and know that to be untrue.

2  Thank Sifteruk
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is our local Indian and we use it fairly regularly. It's now called Turmerics and is situated in the heart of the pub which has improved the atmosphere. We usually order take away and the quality is always superb. Definitely recommended if you are in the area.