“Beautiful pub, excellent rooms and food and very friendly staff”
Review of The White Hart Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The White Hart Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Tadley B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the White Hart while working as exhibitors at Carfest 2012. The website doesn't do justice to the rooms - they were well decorated, well appointed, comfortable and had lovely ensuite shower rooms (recently done up). We ate in the pub on the Friday and the food was excellent - beautifully presented and very tasty. The selection of real ales was interesting and well kept - as you would expect of a Good Beer guide entry. The staff were very friendly and accommodating - when I asked for a cooked breakfast without the meat, Carol asked if I'd like some baked beans with it and happily supplied the same the next day. We sat at the bar on the last night (exhausted) and had a really nice chat with Howard and the bar lady. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank themadvix
There are newer reviews for The White Hart Inn

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Had a wonderful meal at this pub. The presentation of the food was very good! Good value for money too! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The menu has a good variety to choose from!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have merely eaten in the restaurant and not actually stayed here but here is my review anyway:

This is a pretty, little local pub which on a first look, appears quite charming. However, don't be fooled. I'm sure the locals that drink there all the time love it, but maye thats because they're in the 'clique'.

I've been for a few quiet drinks here and have been generally underwhelmed but it is my experience in the restaurant that really deserves noting.

There was a table of 12 of us for a birthday meal. We all ordered and the food arrived hot if not quickly, but given the number of us I can't and won't complain about the timing. For the most part the food was fine, just regular pub grub. A few of the group ordered steak and it didnt arrive cooked the specified way. Not wanting to make a scene or delay the dinner any longer, both steak eaters accepted what they had been given. When the waitress came to clear the plates, she asked
if everything was alright. I asked if she could mention to chef that the steaks were a little overdone and a bit tough. Bearing in mind that we had eaten the steaks, this comment was for info only.
The rest of the plates were cleared and not a word from the kitchen - I had expected an acknowledgement, we weren't looking for freebies or a discount on our bill.
I asked the (somewhat surly) waitress if chef had had anything to say about my comments expecting maybe a 'thankyou' or 'we'll let the supplier know' or some sort of thing. Instead what I got was 'well you've eaten them now so there's nothing I can do anyway'. This was delivered in the stroppiest of tones, so I asked to speak to the landlord, Howard.
Out Howard came, I was explaining the back story to him and mentioned that the waitress had been rude, instead of apologising, he said: 'The waitress as in my daughter?!' at which point I had to make it clear that I didn't care whose daughter she was, she had an attitude problem and it was tw way I expected to be dealt with as a paying customer.
It's plain where the unfortunate waitress gets her attitude from if she's related to the rude landord.
It's a shame, because although the food is a little pricey for pub grub, it's good quality and well done. However, I will not be back. anyone who works in the hospitality industry and is as rude to their customers as they were to me in The White Hart doesn't deserve my custom, I shall take it elsewhere.
Now let's see if another local leaps to the pubs defence as has happened with previous reviews, but I can assure you, we were not a troublesome table.

• Stayed: December 2010
6  Thank kirstylizz
Reviewed May 16, 2011

So Wilted from Wilmslow didn't enjoy his brief stay. Let's hope he did enjoy the Karaoke that he was so full of when he returned from Basingstoke 'in his cups' and in full voice too, before demanding (quite rudely) to be served after hours.

Lovely Carol was so disturbed that she had to come down and ask you to be quiet, or was that selectively erased from your memory wilted?

Anyway, don't let that one review put you off what is an excellent pub, with friendly locals and staff, that offers innovative food and accommodation of a high standard for excellent prices.

The White Hart has won many awards from CAMRA and offers an eclectic and varied range of real ales, the location is in a quiet village (where loud singing WfromW doesn't go down too well for obvious reasons) far away from nuclear power stations [!].

Many satisfied international customers and locals attest to the popularity of the White Hart and are all heartily glad to read that Wilted from Wilmslow will never drag down the ambiance of the place ever again !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a pond view...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank EddieTheFencer
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Checked in to this quaint little place having booked over the phone with a monsyllabic grunt. We met the lovely Carol who checked us in at 5pm but then told us we couldn't have a drink til 7pm. When we did get a drink they seemed genuinely unimpressed with the thought of taking money off us and after 45 minutes at the bar we felt genuinely depressed. We tried to engender ourselves with the local boy dave who just ignored us....so we went out instead to Basingstoke. When we returned the landlord aka monsyllabic grunt Howard sat at the bar like a coiled spring,after a couple of attempts at humour, grunt lost his temper and flew off his barstool in readiness for a fight....now he must be tough because the 2 guys he wanted to take on would eat him for breakfast...Dave was still there and was now serving behind the bar...perhaps it was us being social perhaps it was them being antisocial but on reflection it was probably the locality to nuclear power that has rendered the white hart inn full of ill mannered, inhospitable and mogodan induced oaths.....mind you Eddie the fencer had a nice chat with us.......goodbye Howard to our business for ever...Carol...we pity you living with him

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank wiltedfromwilmslow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tadley
Sandford Springs Hotel
#5 of 6 in Tadley
Bel & The Dragon
Bel & The Dragon
#1 of 1 in Kingsclere

Been to The White Hart Inn? Share your experiences!