“Great Sailfishing”

Blue Bayou - Private Charters
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I fished with Chris with my whole family on Dec. 28, 2013. The sea's were very calm, the boat was very accommodating for the four of us. Chris picked us up in Antigua, Guatemala early morning and we drove an hour to the coast - where his boat is.. We learned so much from Chris about the country, the culture, the fish species, etc. It was a day I will treasure and it was topped off by Chris finding me a sailfish to cast to late in the day. I would fully recommend Chris and his crew.. top notch all the way. We did not have a chance to stay at the lodge but we are already planning a trip back.. Thanks, Chris!
Bill Meyer

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Fantastic time with Captain Chris & Crew. They worked hard, and we caught serious sailfish and a dorado. (Got it cooked that night at an Antigua restaurant!) Nothing but sweet things to say about the experience.
Chris even wore a Detroit Tiger visor! Seriously, we saw porpoises, sea turtles a huge pod of spinner dolphins that was amazing.
Great lunch on board and what can you say about a bunch of sailfish catching air as you catch them!
We did a day fish trip. Great value.
Go here!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Bravo to Captain Chris Starrs and Blue Bayou for running an outstanding operation. Captain Chris took me and my two sons of a wonderful day of fishing in which we landed 5 sailfish, 2 Mahi Mahi and 1 tuna. The largest sailfish was a spectacular 120 lbs fish! (See the attached picture of one of sails that we caught and released.)

Chris is organized, very professional and fun to be around. He was incredibly hospitable. Chris' first mate Yoel (better know in the fishing circles as Hercules) had a sixth sense on how to catch sailfish. Watching them work together was a real pleasure.

I can not recommend Captain Chris and Blue Bayou highly enough. We will certainly be back bill fishing with him on our next trip to Guatemala!

Phil Gardner

1  Thank Phil G
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We had a great experience with Capt Chris and his mate on our trip. Chris was very helpful and easy to work with to get our day trip scheduled (many other companies I contacted weren't even willing to offer us a day trip.) Chris was more than happy to help and very accommodating. The trip was awesome, catching 8 sailfish and getting action in the first ten minutes the lines were in the water! Can't say enough good things about Chris and Blue Bayou, we will hopefully go back and do it again someday!! Thanks Chris!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Capt Chris"s cuddy walkaround with twin engines got us out and back to the rather far-out fishing grounds quickly.My girlfriend who has never fished before caught two sailfish and several dorado.The mate was very helpful in teaching her how to handle the equipment.The food was home made and the head sufficient for my partner.We had only planned to fish one day but decided to fish the next day also.We caught the same type of fish including a striped
marlin.The view of the two volcanoes leaving the shoreline was spectacular,Rick and Anna