“Fabulous!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iztapa
Pacific Fins Resort & Marina
Utah
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I recently spent two days fishing at the Pacific Fins Resort & Marina. What a super experience! Eighteen sailfish catches by trolling and two bites on fly. The friendly owner and staff were as nice as one could ever expect. First-class all the way. I'll be back!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Bill T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I managed to squeeze one day of fishing in while on a business trip to Guatemala City. Niels and his team have an amazing operation. Everything was great. The resort itself is beautiful, the food is great, the staff is helpful, the boats and gear are in perfect shape, and the fishing is insane!

Not many things in life live up to the hype. This did.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank mjr1965
Harlingen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have chartered boats in many different places and I own my own boat. Lets break it down.

They fish like they are in tournament mode every day. We had over 90 baits prepared daily. They replace the line every two weeks. They had QUALITY tackle. No short cuts, rust, worn tackle etc.
The crew is also in tournament mode. The two mates are constantly working. The baits are never untended. They move like assasins once a fish is in the pattern. I have never seen a crew work so quickly and seemlessly.
The boat service is second to none. The mates are always attentive, they never complain about us being in the way, or wanting to help. Basically they were there for us. And whatever we wanted to do they were bought in. I never felt pressure for tips, I never felt like I was a dummy (many crews will roll their eyes, or worse, at your mistakes). On the boat we had a snack of fruit, then an hour later hot ordeurves, then a hot excellent lunch every day.
The hotel was very similar. It is well kept, the rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely attentive, meeting us at the dock with a cold drink, and taking our stuff to the room for us.
The food was AWESOME. We never had a meal that was below 8/10. Extremely good food and a good variety to choose from.

All in all this was the best fishing, the best crew, and the best resort that I have had the luxury of staying with.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank BigBretter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iztapa
Hotel Soleil Pacifico
#1 of 1 in El Paredon
Dos Mundos Pacifico
Dos Mundos Pacifico
#2 of 11 in Monterrico

Been to Pacific Fins Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!