“Come hungry, leave happy!”
Review of FatBoys Grill & Bar - CLOSED

FatBoys Grill & Bar
Cuisines: Thai, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy Food, Enjoy Life! A motto we live by at Susanna's Restaurant. Susanna's is the place to go for those of us who love meat, fish and potato cuisine. Here we serve hearty well-portion meals which will leave you satisfied especially after having one of our delicious home-made desserts. We serve Nordic style comfort food that features continental meats, fish and potato dishes such as meatballs, stroganoff, salmon steaks, BBQ pork ribs, and hamburgers. We also have poultry items such as chicken and duck, all served with your choice of potato like mashed potatoes, sauteed potatoes or our famous Finnish garlic potatoes. We also serve a selection of appetizers and desserts. In a cosy country style setting, conveniently located in the middle of the island (Yes indeed Phuket is an Island!) Cherngtalay. Feel at home and dine in comfort on tables with red checkered tablecloths. Susanna's also has a large selection of beers and wine available. Only 50 meters from the Cherngtalay Police Station, heading towards Laguna Entrance. We are the brick building on the right. Yes indeed we do have a tricycle in front of our restaurant. P.S. At Susanna's, when you're here with us you are family and it's all about food and enjoying life!
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I've visited Fat Boy Grill a few times already and I've never left unsatisfied. Everything here, starting with food, to ambiance and super friendly staff, is great.

The concept is simple: Lot's of meet, lot's of potatoes and lot's of flavor - prefect comfort food. Theirs choice of potato sides is impressive, the meat is always savory and delicious, the desserts wort saving some space for.

The staff are among the friendlies I encountered in Thailand something at that says something in a country famed for the kindness of it's people.

The decor is nice too, rustic, homely, feel-good. I like the checkered table cloths.

Fat Boy Grill brings to Cherng Talay what it very much needed, a mid range, western food option with great quality and reasonable prices. There is a number of other restaurants in the vicinity but Fat Boy seems more focused, the menu is shorter and better organized, the portions are bigger and they don't rip you off on bear.

100% recommended! I'd go more often if I didn't mind getting fatter with every visit :)

SusanSurinPark, Owner at FatBoys Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

Hi Maciek,

Thank you so very much for writing us another review (first in the newspaper and now here). Much appreciated and can't thank you enough.

It is always nice to see you and your family. :D

I am glad that you enjoyed our cuisine, service and atmosphere here at our restaurant.

Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for FatBoys Grill & Bar

Reviewed August 27, 2014

went to this restaurant tonight and was very impressed with the setting and décor. A more upmarket venue at local prices. I was greeted at the entrance and offered outside alfresco area or a dining area that is under cover (a must in Thailand in the rainy season) or an air conditioned room. The menu is a not just the standard boring thing. It actually explains the dishes and their origins. Food from NZ steaks and Lamb (even a lamb burger), various spaghetti and of course some Thai dishes. I had garlic bread and spicy seafood spaghetti and a Mango shake. Best I have had on the island. I must mention that they have Wolf Blass wines from Australia at a special of 680 bht (approx $20.00) a bottle and that is far cheaper than you can get it in Australia. Service was prompt and attentive and the owner made me feel special. With all the beach restaurants now demolished this is a terrific place to eat . I will be back again very soon and a place I can happily refer friends too..

SusanSurinPark, Owner at FatBoys Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Hi Ian,

Thank you so very much for the quick review on tripadvisor.

I am really glad that you enjoyed our menu, cuisine, atmosphere and service. It is good to hear that we have reached our goal and we will be sure to keep it up and improve where possible. :D

Hope to see you more often.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went as a familly of 4 and each one of us found it delicious. The thai burger green curry was fabulous and the finnish potatoes were one of the best "gratin dauphinois" i ever have eaten ! Meat balls are fabulous and the deserts are really nice. All the staff is great and the owner Susan is managong thos restaurant with talent. The price for 4 was 1500 baths so that makes a really god value for money as portions are big. Don t miss it when you are in Phuket, this is a 5 minutes drive from the Laguna hotels.

SusanSurinPark, Owner at FatBoys Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Good evening,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. It was very lovely to meet you all. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our green curry burger and our finnish garlic potatoes.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

I am truly happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner experience with us.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Tried FBBG a few days back and was generally happy - but suggest they drop the garlic in the Camembert bake which totally overpowered the dish. Portion size is extreme so plan on taking half your order home.

SusanSurinPark, Owner at FatBoys Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your review. We will definitely consider leaving out the garlic in the baked camembert cheese.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We made our second visit to this restaurant and were well received by the staff who recognised us from our previous visit.This is a really nice place and the staff are very friendly although some of them obviously lack experience. I had the duck a speciality of the chef and I have to say that it was wonderful. On both visits the chef has come out to ask how was our meal - a sure sign of confidence in his food and a willingness to learn from his mistakes.

SusanSurinPark, Owner at FatBoys Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Hi,

Thank you so much for writing us a review. We can't thank you enough.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our cuisine and service.

We will be sure to improve everyday our service. :D

Look forward to seeing you more often.