It was our first experience staying at Anantara. Everything provided in the room was well thought of, ensuring that all our needs were met. Absolutely love the bath salt. A beach bag was provided for those who forgot theirs (like me!).
We went on the kayak around an island not far away from the secluded private beach we had at the hotel on our last day. This was very fun and highly recommended. Dinner at Dee Plee (the Thai restaurant up on the hill) was definitely worth going for. We had the most amazing beef Thai green curry and pandan chicken served with 3 different kinds of rice of our choice! We were also given mieng kham as our starter. I'd recommend dinner at Dee Plee. We didnt manage to find time to try Sala Restaurant which serves pizzas and pastas but I'm sure that the food is good too, judging from the wide spread breakfast we had every single day we were there.
I was very impressed with the hospitality shown by all the hotel staff. They greeted us warmly when we arrived (together with refreshing cold towels and welcome drinks), and even asked if we already had activities planned out. They also assisted us in renting a car and a motorbike. Our flight was in the evening so we did a late check-out. They were concerned about what we would do in between our check-out and airport transfer (We rented a motorbike to explore around Laguna area (10 mins away) and Surin Beach (30 mins away)). I was most impressed when they offered a shower facility for us just before we went off to the airport. That was very thoughtful and very much appreciated.
We bought some fruits from the market and left them on the table and when we came back, the fruits were laid out on a plate with a chopping board and a knife :) Thank you so much to housekeeping for being extra attentive.
Special thanks to Kaew, Su, James and the rest of the hotel staff (I couldnt catch the rest of their names) for making our stay that much more memorable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a truly unique tropical hideaway, set prominently on the white sands of Layan beach. This quiet bay with crystal clear waters remains a hidden gem away from the developing beaches of Phuket. A wide range of accommodation options suit your every need; step off your private deck onto the warm sands, or take in a stunning sea view from the hillside. Swim in pristine waters and observe the vibrant sea life below the surface, or explore nearby attractions and nature, learning about local island life. Situated on Layan beach, one of Phuket's most picturesque bays, the resort enjoys a prime location away from busy island life, yet is still conveniently connected to a host of attractions. Just 20 minutes from Phuket International Airport, on the islands west coast, excursions to the Andaman's famed sights are readily available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Anantara Layan Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bundarika Villas And Suites, Phuket
- Bundarika Villas & Suites, Phuket Hotel Layan Beach
- Anantara Layan Phuket Resort Thailand