As teachers we get a lot of holidays! :)
Firstly Bangtao - our favourite part of Phuket (we've been there a thousand times and got married there): quiet, family friendly, reasonably priced and a good distance from Patong seediness. It's a lot closer to the airport than many of the southern family friendly beaches. It's close to the whole Laguna area if you need a fix of western style manufactured luxury (or a decent doctor) but the rest of it maintains a genuine Thai flavour and price tag.
Having stayed at CLS twice now and we are completely hooked. We are returning at Easter and again over the Summer for a long rental. CLS is off the beaten track so don't expect to be able to walk out the front door into downtown Patong (but who would want to?) This is the perfect family retreat. Very large apartments that are really well appointed. A brilliant pool which is perfect for toddlers (and teaching them to swim). The food is good and they have a huge menu so the little one's are well catered for. I wouldn't rate it as the best food in Phuket but it's very acceptable, cheap and varied. Service is excellent. Within walking distance are a few better places to eat but be prepared for the late afternoon downpour. The gym is top notch. If you're travelling with young children we highly recomend hiring a car. Thay are fairly cheap and it means you can get out and about easily. There's a very good supermarket in Patong and an acceptable one just up the road.
If you want to be in the thick of it then CLS is not for you but if you want an increadibly relaxing holiday without breaking the bank then this place is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Puri is a private gated development of 56 apartments and pennthouses set around lush tropical gardens and a wonderful pool that stretches the full length of the grounds, including a shallower pool for children. 'Baan Puri'can be loosely translated as 'Our Home, Our Place'. Within this residential framework, a good number of owners rent out their apartments to holidaymakers seeking an upmarket, relaxed ambience near to one of Phuket's finest beaches, Bang Tao, and a short drive across the headland to Surin Beach. With an onsite fully-equipped gym - free to guests - and restaurant/bar in the process of being upgraded by our new operator, Baan Puri is a perfect place for a genuinely peaceful break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Baan Puri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Lersuang Hotel Cherngtalay
- Baan Puri Phuket, Thailand