“Nice complex, decent location, apartments ok, great spa, not enough sun beds.”
Review of Baan Puri

and 1 more site!
Baan Puri
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here for a week over new year. Decent location, some really great Thai restaurants a short walk away as well as some good bars. The place itself is a 7/10, clean / tidy enough, the biggest frustration for us (x4) who aren't keen on the beach is the lack of sun beds around the pool and the annoyance of those who put their towels on the sun beds then don't come back for hours!!
The complex also changed its name to Baan Puri in July 2012 and the non local taxi drivers had no idea where it is, as well as the local people.
It's fine for a week away and a decent price for new year when everything else was 2-3 times the price.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Might be one of the only resorts in the world where "Fun for the whole Family" is true.

I just spent 10 days at the Baan Puri in A6 and had a fantastic time. Everything was better than I expected. The rooms were clean, the pool great, and only 5 minutes to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The kitchen came with everything you need to cook etc but I didn't and there was a restaurant that is part of the complex with great western and Thai foods at good prices (they even deliver to your room!). But do venture out because the surrounding area is full of all sorts of great restaurants. I ate at a different place every night and had really good food every time (I stuck with Thai).

This would be great for solo travelers because it is close to everything but quiet as well. Great for families since it has everything you need and is a safe, secure, clean, well-kept resort. And even great for couples - for both of the above reasons. Can't believe how lucky I was to get a room!

Rooms were kept clean, plenty of towels etc. Bed always made nicely when I got home from my daily adventures. The place was always immaculate no matter what condition I left it in each morning.

I had a scooter and there is ample parking for cars it seems to me. Also, there are taxis right out front for you if you need that.

The owner/manager was great and answered all my questions and pointed me in the right .
direction for bars, restaurants, sun and fun. This was my first time in Phuket and am so glad I stayed here because he really helped me make the most of my time.

I'll be back.

Room Tip: Not sure about the other rooms, but this one overlooked the pool, which was great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have a week timeshare at this resort, previously known as Club Lersuang but the owners Premier Property and Leisure changed its name in August 2012. Because I paid for an upgrade they gave us the larger of the two bedroom suites on the third floor B23. This is a very spacious room that was well appointed with a large kitchen and a second toilet. The only disadvantage to a room that is up two flights of stairs is the stairs as there are no lifts.

The main down side to our stay was the restaurant was closed. As it was out of the tourist season the new restaurant operator was renovating the whole restaurant area and it would not be open until after we left. Also the pool was out of action due to a filter break down but thankfully this was fixed so that we could have a couple of days use before we left.
Since the last time that I stayed here there has been a new convenience store built across the road. This made getting drinks etc. very easy. Across the road is a path that leads to the beach and the main village of Bangtao Beach. Here you can find various restaurants such as Nok and Jo’s and the Orange Pub. Both are good places to eat but if I had to choose I would go for the Orange Pub. Next to Nok and Jo’s is a laundry where you can get your washing done for 50 Baht a kilo.

I like coming here for the relax but if you are after action and want to go to Patong alot then be prepared to spend at least 500 – 600 Baht for a taxi or Tuk-Tuk. You can cheat a little by booking a tour of some description for the morning and instead of getting dropped off back at the unit get dropped off at a location somewhere in Patong. The tour operators are normally very happy to do this as it is easier for them and it will mean that you only have to pay for transport in one direction only.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ozdave59
BaanPuriManagement, Manager at Baan Puri, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear OzDave59

We're delighted you had such a great time. Sorry about the restaurant - it's being completely refurbished in the quietest time of the year, along with the reception, but when you come back next time we think you'll find the food and service fabulous! We're also opening a spa towards the end of this year, so guests will be able to have great massages from a leading local operator without leaving the estate.

One thing to point out, though, for your and everyone's benefit reading this. The estate is owned jointly by the apartment owners, and some owners rent out to guests. There are a number of rental/management agencies who help with the rentals and management of apartments, and PPL - who you mention - is one. It was the owners, in fact, who collectively put forward new names, voted for the favourite, and Baan Puri ('our home, our place') was adopted in July this year. PPL don't own Baan Puri in any sense whatsoever, and they didn't choose the name or decide to change it. We're sure that's just a misunderstanding!

The owners collectively permit a very small amount of what may be called 'holiday club' activity, but not fractional ownership of any kind, as this would be highly problematic for a number of reasons. Anyone being offered this by any company in relation to Baan Puri should contact the management for advice.

Do come back soon, eat, drink, have a massage and use the gym! We all look forward to your custom!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family just got back from a week at A10 and were very happy with it. As a couple other reviews said-it's nicer in person than the pictures. We wish our kitchen and bathrooms at home were as nice! And the kitchen had everything needed to cook and eat. The pool was lovely and the walk to the beach with 2 toddlers and an infant took about 10 minutes. The on-site gym was well equipped. The restaurant was closed for renovation while we were there, so I can't comment on it. The pool was unexpectedly closed for a couple days and when we contacted the agent with CBRE they offered either to swim at a resort or a free transfer back to the airport. We were there a week and had thought cleaning was 3 times we were told it was M/W/F (our trip was W to W), but they arranged to have an extra day of cleaning for us at no charge. We live in Asia, so could easily end up in Phuket again and A10 (or another unit at Baan Puri if A10 is rented) would be a top choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Without doubt this resort was the best accommodation that I could have asked for. Found in the peaceful and tranquil surrounds of Bang Tao the location offers you a chance to unwind with gentle strolls through the fishing village and on the beach to a short taxi drive to more upbeat areas of Patong etc. The resort itself is ideal for traveling families with small children or as a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Shop around as there are many companies that own and rent out holiday accomodation in the complex.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

We're so pleased that you cllearly had such a great time at Baan Puri! Please let your firneds, colleagues and relations know about one of the nicest residential developments in Bang Tao, and do come back and stay again!

Best wishes, The Owners Committee at Baan Puri

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Stayed with my husband, child and parents. Very good service all around. Nice and relaxed atmosphere. Beds exeptionally hard. Rooms could do with some minor renovation - painting etc. But good value for money. Would go again!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Murmu
Reviewed January 31, 2012

ideal place for families with children, large apartments with pool views, 5-10 mins walk away from bangtao beach where the water is always quiet and it's therefore suitable for small children. lot of parking space for your car, some construction works nearby but without noise, the best laundry in all Thailand (we used many) is just 200 meters away in the direction to the local village behind the resort.
Many owners of these apartments advertise their properties via different internet sites. Our apt number D49 was perfect for us, B19 (our friends) had no fan (only aircon) and for us it could be a problem as we sleep without aircon but use fan a lot.
Free wifi and free gym, child pool are also pros, cons is the attached restauarant where we all (5 people) had problems with our stomach on different first time ever in Thai

Room Tip: the property in general is fine, but you should check you apt as the owners are different
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 20 in Bang Tao Beach
Angsana Laguna Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket
#8 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Baan Puri? Share your experiences!