All reviews pad thai restaurant duplex room nice boutique hotel surin phuket private plunge pool enjoyed my stay beach bag early check airport transfer quiet location pleasant stay massage places min walk fresh fruit patong beach beautiful beach pool bar
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

My first time to Thailand for me and my Partner. I looked at the reviews for Manathai before coming and obviously any negative ones will make you wonder if you have made the right choice. Personally I think anyone who gave this place less than 4 stars needs their head examined. I say this as I will typically measure the experience overall, and for us it was absolutely top notch.

We arrived at night so really couldn't appreciate any views or surroundings but we were met with warmth and friendliness the minute we arrived. From then on in it was the same each and every minute of every day. I'm in the service industry and I was blown away by the consistency of service from the front of house staff and housekeeping. Absolutely noone walked past without a huge smile and a really genuine "Sewasdee" this made me feel valued, especially Ibrahim who always came from behind the desk to greet me personally and ask how my day had been, what our plans were.

My Partner has an extreme phobia of lizards (We didn't know she would be as bad as she was) but the staff didn't laugh or joke or make her feel embarrassed. They were nothing but sensitive and understanding and we truly appreciated it.

I agree with some of the comments about some aspects of the decor possibly in need of a touch up but this didn't detract from my overall stay. The rooms are designed to give you maximum space but with that we found the wardrobe space a bit tight so ended up living out of our cases. We had a room where you could slip straight into the pool, so I guess rooms without this feature may have had a slightly different design and possibly more wardrobe space.

The food was delicious and consistent, agree a little pricier than eating out but didn't bother me as I knew what I was getting and it's important to me I don't ruin a holiday by getting an upset stomach. Breakfast was worth waking up to, so much so I'd race my partner to the shower to get eating. It is served between 06:30 and 11am which we found great for lie-ins or early starts like if we were going to the Phi Phi Islands and had to get going by 7am.

The Beach is literally a couple of hundred metres away and it is clean and reasonably clear. Lots of stalls and a bar/restaurant at each end of the promenade. There's also a kind of open air seating area where you can buy food from a number of street vendors and sit and eat. Not much in the way of night life, it looks like people choose Surin for that reason. But you can be in Patong for your adrenaline rush within 30 minutes by taxi.

I'm at Changi Airport writing this, not because I'm bored (You could probably holiday here for a week too there's so much to do) but because I felt it was important to share what a great little hotel this was before anyone was influenced by one or two negatives if they were perusing holiday sites right now. This place was such an enjoyable experience and it should be celebrated. We came for some "Mummy and Daddy" time but we've already discussed booking as soon as we get back for a family holiday next year.

I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
hmsurin, Hotel Manager at MANATHAI Surin Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Andy L,

On behaft of the Management team, we would like to thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoy your stay. Your kind remarks regarding our staff and service are received with great pleasure and have been conveyed to all department concerned. This will be certainly serve as encouragement for us to continue improving the standard of our service.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Warm reagards,

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

We loved the pool area. Especially, the water plants around it. There wasn't many people either. It was a perfect getaway for us. Though fully booked,we felt like we had the whole hotel for ourselves.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear poom p,

We are pleased to be your home away from home poom p. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Phuket.

Reviewed October 21, 2018

I stayed at Manathai Surin Phuket from Oct 12-14 and I really enjoyed my stay there. They gave me an upgrade from a Deluxe Standard to a bigger room (with patio and living room).

I like the boutique feel of the hotel, the hospitality of the staff and the cleanliness.

Location-wise, the property is located in a quiet area, 3-min walk to the beach. Just outside you'll find Family Mart and 7-11.

My stay was included a complimentary breakfast, which offers salads, yoghurt, fruits (papaya!!!) and from a menu that features Western, Chinese and Thai dishes.

Swimming pool may be small, but I like the fact that there was no people at all. So it's like having your own private pool.

I recommend this for families, couples or friends seeking a quiet, intimate holiday.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled with friends

Dear 235applem,

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Warm reagards,

Reviewed October 16, 2018

After a small misunderstanding at time of booking regarding the airport transfer which the hotel manager honored after a quick email the stay was outstanding, received a room upgrade and the room was excellent even tried to order a pillow for me as they were so good, breakfast is complete and egg white omelets cook to order.
Spa is a bit pricey compare to next door options but service and quality are better, food at the restaurant is very good although small portions.
Pool is great and the beach only a few steps away
Be aware that is not much to do around Surin beach is really for the ones that will prefer to be on the quiet side away from busy Kata and Patong
Make sure to visit the nearby Boat Avenue near by during the Friday market night

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony near the 2nd pool
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear MarceloAlemao,

Thank you for your compliment while staying with us at "Manathai Surin Phuket" we are so happy to hear that we could delivery you with your satisfaction of service and we also share your comments among our team.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay wtih us and look very much forward to having you back to Phuket again soon,

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were great and gave a good service, however we felt that the pictures online made it look better than it was. When we arrived we found that in some areas it looked quite tired.

Also in the block we stayed in we were woken up early almost every morning as other visitors talked & shouted in the corridors. Of course the hotel can’t be held responsible for this, however it would be an improvement if they could add in some sound proofing or insulation to help this.

Additionally one afternoon we found that hotel maintenance was being under taken in our room without letting us know or our consent.

The food in the restaurant is delicious, but is a little over priced however there are lots of places near by you can eat so this is not a problem.

We also found that the concierge was a little poor and didn’t seem to know much about the area and things to do. All they knew was about the leaflets they had on the stand, which we could read, so make sure you do your own research.

Finally, as you might expect from a boutique hotel the interior and reception areas looked really good and had a lovely atmosphere and as I said before, the staff were friendly and wanted to help.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Cara H

Dear Cara H,

Our sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences your face during stay with us we thank you for bringing these to our notice.
We will have our concerned department look into these various comments and have rectified immediately.

I am happy at least our staff were able to make you enjoyed and please do allow us to reinstate your confidence in us once again if you wish to return.