“Amazing pizza”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Amazing pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

As the tilt says, really great pizza!
Nice thin, but not too thin, base and generously topped.
No thai food options mind, all Italian but that's what we were in the mood for!
Service was quite slow being as we were the only table in the restaurant but the food made up for that

Vicenza, Italy
“Great place for italian food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The location is quiet, great, on my opinion, for residents like me who, after a while, wanna get rid of the messy places on the coast. I think I tried at least half of pizza menu and more than half of food menu, everything was great, even during the most busy nights. The staff is attentive, nice and always smiling; Valerio and Sergio always could bring a breathe of italianism on our table, and always gave me and my diners the chance to close the dinner with some great limoncello or sorbetto. Thanks guys, see you...maybe tonight!

• Visited March 2014
“Great authentic italian food for a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Couldnt speak highly enough of Valerio and his food at Casa Mia Restaurante. His hospitality was very friendly and the food was delicious. The pizzas are massive in diameter but traditionally thin and the sugo is devine, I thought I was back in Italy. I had the spaghetti Marinara (seafood) and it was very fresh and tasty. They were very obliging giving me a half serve of spaghetti bolognese for my 3 year old too. We've been there twice already and will go there again before we head back to Melbourne, Australia on Saturday. Mille grazie per la Casa Mia!!!!!

Baar, Switzerland
“Good Italian cuisine - bad service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We did have a mixed experience with the restaurant.

Positive: The pasta ordered by my spouse were `al dente` and very good - thanks to the Italian management and chef. Ambiente is `ooooook` but not really romantic.

Negative: I unfortunately ordered Beef Stroganoff and starting with the sauce and ending with the beef - never order beef in a Italian restaurant (same in Italy). Further, the service staff is very friendly, but do not really speak English nor understanding it, which draws the overall rating down! Whatever you order, doublecheck with the waiter. If you give feedback, call for Andrea, the owner - otherwise, like me, you are lost.

Even though my plate went fully back nearly as it came, it did not arrive as a comment with management nor was it cancelled on the bill!

Finally, after insisting, the service staff understood to call Andrea, the chef. He did an `ok-lots of talking-job` in explaining and offered a desert or a coffee!

Great - cancelling the main course or offering an `espresso con grappa` would have been a nice solution! We did not want to make any fuss, paied our dues, no coffee nor dessert and left!

Me, still hungry!

• Visited January 2014
Chengdu, China
“Truly Authentic Italian Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Authentic ingredients, real Italian Chef and Italian owners make this new restaurant in Surin Beach well worth putting on the visit list.

As a recently opened restaurant we were attracted to try this place by seeing so many people dining there and we came away raving about the place.

The food was supreme!

Apparently the owners import all of their ingredients from Italy directly and it shows in the quality of the dining.

The antipasti we tried (the mixed and the selection of meats and cheeses) could not have been more enjoyable.

Mains were superb - the scaloppine al funghi was perfectly cooked with an excellent sauce.

We were so full that we couldn't manage dessert but looking at the table beside us and seeing what they were having made us think we missed out on a real treat. Next time!

Service was provided by both the owners and local staff and the level of attention was exactly right - not overbearing nor left to our own devices.

If we had any niggle it was that there was not an Italian house wine - and the wine that was served as house wine needed to sit for a while to breath before being palatable.

This restaurant is going to do well and while it is slightly off the main dining area the short trek up the hill is well worth taking.

Another reviewer commented on the choice of music and we have to agree - after listening and enjoying some traditional Italian music we were surprised that the music descended into hard rock that somewhat broke the dining ambience.

Value was excellent and we were pleasantly surprised when the bill came and it was much less than we were expecting - always a good surprise to have in a restaurant.

Definitely be back to enjoy more on the menu.

• Visited January 2014