Overall: The Pavillions is a great place to relax & unwind. We found it to be quite peaceful and tranquil.
Villa: The pool villa itself was very clean, spacious with it's own lounge room - equipped with a large flat screen & theatre system, kitchenette, and spa rooms. The double king-sized bed was so comfortable that like other reviewers, I must admit my partner and I had the best sleep in a long, long time. Although we were equipped with insect repellant, we found that we didn't have to use it.
Staff: The staff were really friendly, helpful and always willing to please.
Spa: The spa treatments (massages), were excellent. We took up 2 services and were very pleased.
Food: There were some really good Thai dishes at the Plantation Club, but we found ourselves waiting 40-45mins after giving our order (a bit slow given that there were only 2-3 other couples there at any one time). Towards the end of our stay we found it more convenient to have dinner delivered to our room. The Eastlands only offered lunch between 12pm-6pm or complimentary tea at 3.30pm. Bar 360 opened at 6pm and offered limited bbq'd dishes. Overall a limited menu for those staying longer than 3 days, especially breakfast as this menu never changes.
Location: You may find the hotel to be a little too remote. You can't walk to the beach nor are there any shops nearby. You won't find taxi's to hail at the front of the hotel either. Booking it via reception meant paying between 600 baht & 1200 baht to get into Kamala & Patong respectively. The resort also offered a private chauffeur driven car which cost 700 baht/hr with a minimum of 3hrs. We took the latter option and were pleased to have our own tour guide whilst feeling safe. In hindsight, it would've been great if the resort offered a shuttle bus to a local shopping precinct.
Suggestion: More recreational activities such as a gym, tennis courts or putt-putt golf would have been great.
Despite the dining and location comments, we do thank all the staff for a wonderful time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high above Layan Beach, The Pavilions Phuket is a resort as spacious as it is private and peaceful. From our spacious newly appointed 81 sqm one-bedroom suites to our signature private pool villas, we are a haven of tranquility. Enjoy an array of restaurants including: our open air The Plantation Club for modern Thai and international favourites, Firefly set next to the largest freeform pool in Phuket for wood burning oven pizzas, grilled specialities and more, and 360 Bar, one of the best loved places in Choeng Thale for cocktails, asian tapas and sunsets. We also offer a wide range of in-villa dining options, including seafood bbqs. Our resort also features an award winning spa with yoga pavilion, fitness centre, and pools. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or looking to relax and reconnect, The Pavilions is your perfect intimate escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Pavilions Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilions Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Phuket Pavilions Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Pavilions Cherngtalay
- The Pavilions Phuket Thailand