“My best wedding anniv celebration ever”

The Pavilions Phuket
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Singapore
“My best wedding anniv celebration ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2008

My husband and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniv at Phuket Pavilions and it was a very memorable stay. We stayed only for 2 nites and it was definitely too short. The villa is beautiful and the highlight was having a pool of our own and the privacy it offered. We ordered dinn in on our last night and it was the best meal we had during our short break in Phuket. Staff were also polite and the service was excellent from the drivers to the service staff at 360 deg bar. Only bad thing was that our villa was not ready when we arrived at 3pm and it took another 45min or so before we were led to our villa. Anyway, I was still thinking of Phuket Paviliions 1 week after I left. Will definitely stay longer at Phuket Pavilions the next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore, India / NY, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2008

An overall wonderful experience. I'd been to PP for my honeymoon... 3N/4D during the first week of May. I was a little apprehensive of the weather conditions. However, the weather was not too bad... except for a single day when the the cyclone struck Burma. Fortunately, we were able to make the trip to James Bond Island on that particular day... in the rain... and still had an amazing time.

PP as a resort is perfect for people looking for privacy. The villas are spacious (I lived in the Single Bedroom Villa), contemporary in design, and come with magnificent views. The 3 bedroom villas however do not come with good views (views of construction sites). I landed in Phuket early in the morning and was provided with temporary accommodation in a 3 bedroom villa. Mid-Afternoon, we were given our single bedroom villa (#15) which had an excellent view of the beach and sunset.

The service is world class. Our needs were fulfilled each time, within minutes of placing a call to the front desk. Pam, our porter was excellent. Though there were difficulties in understanding and communicating with the staff, we were able to eventually get what we wanted. Part of the fun in traveling to such places is in interacting with the locals and trying to understand their accent.

Our only complaint is the lack of a good menu. 98% of the menu is non-vegetarian... and the few vegetarian items on offer really tasted bland and inedible. There are not too many options for dining around the resort. The free-shuttle ride to the nearby LAguna town provides one with a few more options.

I however thoroughly enjoyed my short stay at this magnificent resort. I will definitely go back... but would really like to see major improvements on the Lunch and Dinner menus.

• Liked — Privacy, Views
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Akarsh
Travel and food addict in HK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2008

I went to Phuket for the second time and this time round, I stayed at the Phuket Pavilions (last time, I was at the Banyan Tree).

The service is excellent and the staff are friendly and efficient (buggy waiting within 5 minutes every time we called).

There is no public pool at the resort but every villa comes with a lap pool. The pool coupled with the ocean view really is the highlight of the villas.

We were in villa 20, which I believe is the one at the very top. The villa is huge and the ocean view is breath-taking! As mentioned, we stayed at the Banyan before and although those villas are also impressive, they do not have a view. However, I agree with other reviewers that the finishing and quality of the Phuket Pavilion villas are not that great, but I suppose the size and the pool more than made up for it.

The reason why I would not go back to Phuket Pavilions and why I didn't give this 5 stars is because there is no direct access to the beach and we found 2 ghekos, 2 frogs and lots of insects IN our villa. Like another reviewer, we found a huge spider in the villa. When we found the frogs, we called the front desk. I was expecting housekeeping to catch the frogs and release them, but they killed them right in our bedroom. Not cool.

I liked the food at Phuket Pavilions, although I would recommend that you eat outside of the hotel, too. We tried Watermark, Catch, Oriental Spoon, and Baan Rim Paa (nothing to write home about). I highly recommend lunch at Lotus, which is right on Bao Tang Beach. Lobster there was better than Catch and the pad thai there is the best I have had in Thailand!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank blubs
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2008

This was the last location on our 3 week honeymoon.

We booked it last year when the reveiws were raving and we were really looking forward to this little bit of luxury.

We then had concerns as the ravving reviews went mixed, then bad, then back to okay and then good again.

So to our stay..,...

We arrived and checked in in the small open reception area. Everything was ok and we were taken in the golf buggy to our Pavillion.

I must be honest and say that we were blown away with the size, quality and overall fell of the pavillion. It was beautiful, the pool was huge and there were some lovely touches around the rooms which really made us feel special.

Free Wifi, our personal Ipod, oil burners, etc made the place fell special. We wanted to have a pool party and invite all our friends over from the UK to join us - just to show off the room and pool!

In Pavillion dining

This is ok, but the choice if you are veggie is very very very limited. For a 5* resort we were disgusted with the choice my wife could have - Pasta or Greek Salad.
The food quality is ok, but not value for money. Another problem is that if you try to make any special requests on the food, then chances are your food will arrive wrong - i.e missing stuff or totally messed. - A real shame cause this could be good.

360 Bar

Great location for a bar, and about all there is to do in the resort. Food menu - NO VEGGIE OPTION !!!!! All the staff could offer was the pasta off the room service menu. So we were very unhappy about this. The Pavillions is meant to be 5* surely they could offer more than pasta and should at least have a veggie option on their restaurant menu!!

HAppy hour ok, dont forget you can only have the 2 of the same drink with the 2nd being free. Think its 530 till 7. Cockatils are about £5 each so beware!

LOCATION

THe location of the room is great and overlooks the sea and surrounding hills. I think in a few years time, the views will be gone as there is massive development in the area and the Laguna empire will be taking over that part of the Island soon. (Wouldnt be surprised to seem them take over the Pavillions!)

Nothing to do on the resort apart from 360bar, other than that its the resort bus to Laguna area (watch out for Laguna Time Share Sellers - they not to heavy though!) Went to the beach the other side of the Dusit Laguna which is ok, but nothing spectacular compared to other Phuket beaches.

OVERALL

Great room as mentioned, lovely pool, but very poor and expensive food options with no real suitable alternative cause of its location.

• Liked — pool and room
  • Disliked — Food, NO VEGGIE OPTIONS IN 360 bar
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank swanseastu
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2008

My wife and me stayed 4 nights in the one bed pool villa, the first impression when we arrive was "Problem oh...". We're very disapporting for the inexperieced staff service, food quality, day to day cleaning service. Pavilions was located on the top of the hill with nothing surrounding it, you can't walk out, walk to the Layan beach(very small Thai local beach) even the staff is not allow any outside car or taxi to pick up you(never heard about it). You have to ask the staff to arrange for you. Pavilions car to the Central Festiveal need 800Bt one way, airport pick-up is 900Bt one way, so you can calculate it the transportation charges for the period.

Some staffs was no expreieces for 5 stars service so just smile face to me, totally unlike Banyan Tree, Four Seasons. We knew that the food quality before we go but finally we had try one night dining in villa, 2 dishes starter was normal and two main course was terrible which was lamp chop and Pork. They are not clean the pool everyday, you have to call for it, room cleaning was like a rountine work.

Finally, if you are the person who have a high expectation 5 stars service like four seasons, I think Pavilions is not your choice.

Good Luck to you.

• Liked — Room size and design
  • Disliked — Villa Location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Pcanywhere
Moorooduc, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Phuket Pavilions for 3 nights in February. We chose the Pavilions on the basis of the property's website, it's Relais & Chateaux listing and the reviews on tripadvisor.
We could not have been more pleased.
Unlike most resorts, the villas at Pavilions appeared twice as big in real life as they did on their website photos. Well laid out with comfortable furnishings and bed. The bathroom seemed overly spacious until we experienced the 3 hour "Intimacy Package" with two massage tables fitting comfortably in the room with views to the private garden.
The pool is perfect. We found ourselves dipping in and out whilst lounging on the roomy deck, soaking up the tranquility.
The main staff were all lovely, and, like every other R&C property we have stayed at, nothing was too much trouble. The housekeeping staff had limited English, but we were in Thailand after all. If it seemed that they were not understanding any request it was just a matter of picking up the phone.
The food was excellent (we only ate Thai) and the cooking class was fun (although I think my wife enjoyed her manicure and pedicure, followed by a freshly prepared lunch even more).
We ate one night at the 360 Bar and the atmosphere and staff were relaxed and pleasant.
In short, if you are after a holiday for two, just to enjoy each
other's company and the peace of your villa and pool - Phuket
Pavilions cannot be beaten.
By the way - there is a good list of DVD's to borrow
and I plugged my own iPod in to the stereo using their connectors

• Liked — The Private Pool
  • Disliked — There was nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KillarneyFarm
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2008

my boyfriend booked this as a surprise and i was blown away, the villas are very tastefully decorated and spacious, the views are amazing and the service from the staff was brilliant. only downside is the meals are quite expensive, however if you want to spend days in complete privacy with your loved one in beautiful surroundings, this is the place for you, we certainly did not want to leave!

• Liked — the views from the villa and complete privacy
  • Disliked — meals are expensive for phuket
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,177 reviews
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to The Pavilions Phuket? Share your experiences!