We stayed at The Pavilions for 3 nights at the beginning of our honeymoon tour. We arrived at Phuket Airport late at night after travelling for nearly 20 hours. We were met by hotel staff whilst walking between the plane and the baggage hall - how's that for service!? We waited together for our bags to arrive from the belt - the porter took our bags and we took the short walk to the waiting car outside. After a short (20 min or so) trip to the hotel, we were in reception drinking a wonderfully refreshing welcome drink. Check-in was quick (we were the only people there - it was midnight afterall!) and then we were taken up to our villa. Our bags were already waiting for us inside the villa.
The villa was huge (we had the Sea View Villa) and luxurious.
As we arrived late (room service is not 24 hour) the hotel staff had taken the liberty of pre-ordering several food platters for us (a mixture of meats and deserts) which was a lovely touch.
We woke up in the morning and made good use of the private infinity pool. The bedroom glass slides back so we could go straight from bed to the pool - brilliant! The views are incredible. The pool is pretty large - the biggest private pool we've ever had - more than big enough for proper length swimming.
Daily champagne breakfast was great. We're not a fan of buffets (breakfast or otherwise) so the a la carte breakfast menu was really appealing. Most people seemed content with the buffet, but there wasn't a huge selection and never seemed to be very much food there so I gave it a miss.
We had daily afternoon tea, which was delicious, and sunset cocktails at The 360 bar were great. There were quite a few mosquito/insects flying around at 360 though so we didn't stay very long!
Spa treatments in the villa were out of this world. Probably the best I have ever had.
A wonderfully relaxing start to our honeymoon, even though it rained the whole time we were there it didn't really matter! Would come back if we were in this part of Thailand again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high above Layan Beach, The Pavilions Phuket is a resort as spacious as it is private and peaceful. From our spacious newly appointed 81 sqm one-bedroom suites to our signature private pool villas, we are a haven of tranquility. Enjoy an array of restaurants including: our open air The Plantation Club for modern Thai and international favourites, Firefly set next to the largest freeform pool in Phuket for wood burning oven pizzas, grilled specialities and more, and 360 Bar, one of the best loved places in Choeng Thale for cocktails, asian tapas and sunsets. We also offer a wide range of in-villa dining options, including seafood bbqs. Our resort also features an award winning spa with yoga pavilion, fitness centre, and pools. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or looking to relax and reconnect, The Pavilions is your perfect intimate escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pavilions Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilions Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Phuket Pavilions Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Pavilions Cherngtalay
- The Pavilions Phuket Thailand