“Amazing place”

Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Choeng Thale
Cairo
“Amazing place”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I,ve gone there in last May with my wife in our honeymoon, and it was above my expectations. The staff was very friendly. Room decoration & facilities were awesome, we even had our own sauna and spa room. Private pool was so cool. Also the restaurant had very nice food. They also had nice gestures that made us feel so pleased, like leaving us poems on bed wishing us sweet dreams with flowers, welcome bottle of grape juice, filling the bathtub with roses & spa salts. They also had private cars that took us any where we wanted which was very cool.
The only negative thing there was there private beach, it was extremely poor and unclean, I didn't mind that its far from the hotel but, but I couldn't stay for a second once I saw it.
But other stuff made it up for me and I would really love to go there again. I recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We travelled here from our resort to eat at the 360 Bar and Grill one evening. We arrived just as the sun was setting and it was a breathtaking view. The decor of the restaurant is so pretty with trees and fairy lights. The service was fantastic. Our waiter aws so lovely and helpful and really tried hard to make our evening perfect. He gave us a wish lantern to set off before we left which was such a lovely parting memeory. The food was delicious. Very modern/ Thai/ Western mix of items. Highly recommend and we will definitely consider staying at this resort should we return to Phuket.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelux7
Reviewed January 28, 2013

It saddens me immensely to write a negative review about The Pavilions in Phuket. My husband and I were very excited about spending part of our honeymoon there, more so than any of the other hotels we were staying in (The Eugenia, Bangkok and The Rachamanka, Chiang Mai). It has always been a dream of ours to have a private pool villa.

We were welcomed to the resort by the hotel manager (Simone) who seemed nice, if a little insincere. On first inspection of our villa, I was slightly disappointed. There were general wear and tear issues such as cracks on the floor, stains on the sofa, broken tiles in the pool, etc that had not been attended to.

I also didn't feel that it was up to my standards of cleanliness. It was very dusty and clearly hadn't been given a deep clean before we arrived.

I decided, however, to look at the bigger picture: it was our honeymoon and we were there to enjoy ourselves not to nit pick with the management. So, we turned a blind eye and got on with our stay.

Fortunately, it is not all negative. The food was excellent (I had the nicest burger I have ever tasted in my life!) The restaurant and bar staff were also very nice, welcoming and helpful.

After 6 days, we had changed our opinion of The Pavillions. Yes, it did not meet our expectations, but we did have a good time. We decided that we would definitely come back for a relaxing holiday, possibly even as soon as 2014...

And then the bomb dropped... We received a phone call from Simone the manager at 4pm on our last night. She was calling to ask why there were black spots on the bed sheets.

We had noticed this, but really didn't have a clue what it was. We had suspected it was deet insect repellent that had taken the black dye out of the bathrobes provided in the villa. (We had stayed in 2 hotels prior to this and had no problem with stains on the sheets, but the robes were white in these establishments).

When we relayed this to Simone, she "advised" that we take a bath before getting into bed (incidentally I tried this one night and it made no difference) and also to use the insect repellent provided by the hotel. When I explained that we weren't happy with this I was told "you are lucky we are not charging you for the sheets" (!!)

Now I understand that the bed sheets had been marked, but we did not go out deliberately to do this. Simone's tone made us feel that we were being told off and unfairly blamed for accidental damage. If I had maliciously taken a tin of black paint to the sheets, I would have no problem paying for the damage I caused.

I also understand that the sheets were not re-usable, but this is Thailand and I know quality bedding is far less valuable than our return custom.

Finally, I understand that Simone was bringing this to our attention to prevent subsequent sheets being damaged, but it was our last night, what was the point in doing this now?

At the end of the day, we paid £400 per night for a less than perfect villa in which sheets were more valuable than our repeat custom; we were told by the manager to bath before taking a bed and warned off using our own insect repellent otherwise we would be charged for new bed sheets!!!

I wasn't going to write this review but after leaving negative feedback and letting it be known that we were not happy, nobody has made any attempt to apologise or put things right. We saw Simone as we were leaving and she didn't even acknowledge us let alone apologise for ruining the last night of our honeymoon.

I also decided to leave it for a few weeks before writing this review to see if we would receive anything by email. Needless to say, we have not.

We have stayed in Relais Chateaux establishments all over the world (we even got married in one). Sadly The Pavilions Phuket does not meet the high standards of this group and it is the only Relais Chateaux that we will never return to.

• Stayed January 2013
18 Thank DrLAuckland
JCNager, General Manager at The Pavilions Phuket, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Reader,

I would like to thank our valued guests for taking the time to share their comments and suggestions.
We take our customers’ feedback very seriously as it assists us in continuously improving our product and services, with the aim of meeting and were possible exceeding their expectations.

We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the shortfall of their expectations, particularly with regards to the incident of the stained bed sheets. At no time was it our intention to blame anyone for damage, but simply to identify the cause and avoid the accident from reoccurring, especially since we were informed that it had also affected personal clothing. Once again our apologies for this unfortunate situation caused by some miscommunication.
I would also like to reassure our readers that all points mentioned have been promptly addressed to avoid similar reoccurrences.

We are pleased to read that they have enjoyed other aspects of our love retreat, especially our food and beverage offer, as we constantly strive to provide a memorable experience, pairing a unique product with our signature services.

Warmest Regards,

Jean-Christophe Nager
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 26, 2013

If you stay here, you definitely will be pleased! This resort is one of the most beautiful places that we've ever stayed at! It was the perfect resort for our honeymoon in Thailand and a wonderful choice for other couples who are visiting Phuket for an intimate and romantic vacation.

A private car picked us up at the airport and brought us to the hotel. When we stepped into the hotel lobby, I was already in love with the view of the gorgeous lush greenery. They gave us a small bouquet of flowers and some juice. The check-in process was very smooth.
They had someone take our bags to our villa and then someone else came in a golf cart to take us to our villa. We were driving for about 2-3 minutes before we reached our villa. The second they opened the door and I walked in, our jaws literally dropped! The pictures on their website don't do them any justice...you have to see this place with your own eyes!
Our villa was 4000 sq. ft. of absolute gorgeousness.

We even had our own swimming pool but my absolute favorite part was the bathroom! So gorgeous.

The service during our entire stay was spectacular and all the food was delicious.

I seriously can't wait to visit Phuket again one day and when I do, I will surely stay here!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vkhlove4travel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A luxury hotel perched high above the sea. The Ocean View suites are lovely although the view extends over quite a few ugly buildings so is not exactly idyllic but pleasant enough. The food and the staff are excellent, making this a good choice for a quiet break away from the hustle and bustle of this busy island. Spa facilities are brought to the villa and there is no fitness centre or tennis court.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The theme is romance at this stunning resort. As soon as we were collected at the airport our driver pressed play on the CD player and the song " love is in the air" started playing. We stayed in the penthouse villa which was stunning. The space and finish amazing. The outside pool area stunning. Not very often can I say that I could live in my holiday accommodation but this one certainly. Take advantage of the local Layan beach. Quiet and stunning. The food at the Tomato beach hut I loved. The resort run a shuttle bus on request. The staff were amazing and are on hand no matter what the request. We also took advantage of our own spa room, with steam room. I could go on and on but really you should try for yourself. I will be back, something I never plan to do as I like to try different places. And finally..... Yes love was definitely in the air.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank vicmeldrewScotland
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Pavilions for the first two nights of our honeymoon in Thailand and we were not disappointed. We both travel a lot and this was by far the nicest resort we've ever stayed in. When we checked in, we were greeted by the General Manager who spent a good 15 minutes with us, orienting us to Phuket, highlighting the resort's features, etc. Plus, we had a delicious welcome drink - the best we had in Phuket. We got an ocean view villa and it was amazing. It looks exactly like the pictures on the website. Beautiful views, amazing private infinity pool, lovely patio, bedroom that looks out onto the water, and huge bathroom with stone tub. We even got a welcome foot massage upon arrival. We were planning to do an excursion during one of the days of our stay, but decided to just stay on the resort and relax. We took the Thai cooking class, and were the only ones in the class. It was very personalized and a great, in-depth course about Thai food and ingredients that helped us in restaurants throughout the trip. The dishes we made were fantastic! We also loved the breakfast that was included in the price of the room. Delicious and unique options! We had one dinner in the 360 bar and one in the main restaurant and both were very good. We also got couples massages in our room, which was the best massage we've ever gotten. If you're looking for privacy, romance and pampering, stay at the Pavilions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SALA Phuket Resort & Spa
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#3 of 34 in Choeng Thale

Been to The Pavilions Phuket? Share your experiences!