My husband and I stayed here for a week at the end of Jan. We ended up booking an ocean view pool villa as we wanted to have the view and were very pleased we did - while the villa was perhaps not as modern as the plantation ones, it was still beautifully done up and more than big enough for two people, with a ridiculously large pool you could do laps in ! But the best bit was being able to watch amazing sunsets each night from the privacy of your own villa terrace. You could go up to the 360 bar but we found it was quite busy and preferred to have drinks and snacks delivered to our villa to have our own private cocktail sunset experience !
The food was superb - we ate at both the Aman and the Trisarsa whilst there and have to say that The Pavilions was in the same league quality wise but at a (slightly) more affordable level.
The service was interesting - some of the staff went out of their way to try and help and really did exceed our expectations whilst others unfortunately were not so good and let things slip. There were a few incidents which could have turned our holiday into a one out of five star experience but I have to point out that the exceptional service and skilled management by JC meant that this was turned around and we instead walked away with a very positive view of the Pavilions.
My husband and I have been lucky enough to stay in some beautiful hotels that usually pride themselves on excellent management such as the Datai, the Aman hotels, the W hotels, Banyan Tree etc but none of them come even close to meeting the standard of GM we witnessed with JC. He is by far and away the best GM we have met and it is largely down to him that we will return to the Pavilions again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high above Layan Beach, The Pavilions Phuket is a resort as spacious as it is private and peaceful. From our spacious newly appointed 81 sqm one-bedroom suites to our signature private pool villas, we are a haven of tranquility. Enjoy an array of restaurants including: our open air The Plantation Club for modern Thai and international favourites, Firefly set next to the largest freeform pool in Phuket for wood burning oven pizzas, grilled specialities and more, and 360 Bar, one of the best loved places in Choeng Thale for cocktails, asian tapas and sunsets. We also offer a wide range of in-villa dining options, including seafood bbqs. Our resort also features an award winning spa with yoga pavilion, fitness centre, and pools. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or looking to relax and reconnect, The Pavilions is your perfect intimate escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Pavilions Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilions Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Phuket Pavilions Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Pavilions Cherngtalay
- The Pavilions Phuket Thailand